Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Parked my car in a car park last night & was walking off. Some bloke in a Micra drive right up beside me & handed me a bag. He said, "you like video games 'n stuff don't ya?". I answered 'yes.", & he drove off. Upon opening the bag, I was astounded to see there was a Famicom in it with two pads, a psu & a game. True story*

*kinda

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Did he look like this?

Ash.gif

o1s1n wrote: »
    Did he look like this?

Ash.gif

My God! That's him!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

When I saw the word Micra I thought it was pdbhp for a sec, but there was no mention of said Micra coming through a shop window so couldn't have been him. :pac:
    He must be busy these days, not a peep out of him recently. :(

Andrew76 wrote: »
    When I saw the word Micra I thought it was pdbhp for a sec, but there was no mention of said Micra coming through a shop window so couldn't have been him. :pac:

No I knew it wasn't him, I'd have heard tyres screeching & a cloud of tyre smoke...followed by sirens from police cars in a high speed pursuit of him

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Yeah, where the hell is pdbhp these days? Maybe off searching for some Gameboy related grail to add to this thread?

Either that or the police finally caught up with his Micra. :(

Yeah, where the hell is pdbhp these days? Maybe off searching for some Gameboy related grail to add to this thread?

Actually rumour has it he has a Corsa now

article-0-026A420800000578-936_468x286.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sure, he's the oil boy for them blokes on Tallafornia, his official title is "male fluffer " whatever that is. Needless to say the job has made his hole weak whole week!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

EnterNow wrote: »
    Parked my car in a car park last night & was walking off. Some bloke in a Micra drive right up beside me & handed me a bag. He said, "you like video games 'n stuff don't ya?". I answered 'yes.", & he drove off. Upon opening the bag, I was astounded to see there was a Famicom in it with two pads, a psu & a game. True story*

*kinda

That's not what happened at all! So there I was minding my own business parking in a car park when a ruffian from the north side (I can only assume north side due to his ruffian appearance) crashed into my car, smashed the open window and demanded a famicom! In my confused and terrified state I took the nearest famicom to hand and handed it over :(

That's not what happened at all! So there I was minding my own business parking in a car park when a ruffian from the north side (I can only assume north side due to his ruffian appearance) crashed into my car, smashed the open window and demanded a famicom! In my confused and terrified state I took the nearest famicom to hand and handed it over :(

I almost believed you until the above. "Err, sorry yer honour, I meant the window was closed and he smashed it in. I was confused." :p

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

That definitely wasn't Enternow. Looks like you'll need to buy a new Famicom :(

Edit - god damn it, I read that post thinking 'haw haw, North side scum'

I completely forgot I live on the north side now :(

That definitely wasn't Enternow. Looks like you'll need to buy a new Famicom :(

Edit - god damn it, I read that post thinking 'haw haw, North side scum'

I completely forgot I live on the north side now :(

Definitely wasn't me, I live on the more civilised South Side. Score, a free Famicom :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Might have been Retr0 getting rid, quietly, of his PAL Nes!
    The pain of 50hz Megaman 2 may have been too much for him!

Oh, picked up a few things today, celebrating my move to thumpsville at work...
    Super Street Fighter IV for the 3DS, in HMV, for 17.99.
    and in Gamestop, for the PS2, the following,
    SSX 3,
    SSX on tour,
    Ratchet and Clank,
    Smugglers Run,
    Shox
    and
    Secret Weapons Over Normandy.

Now, the last one I have already, and it's such a brilliant game I had to pick it up for a later trade.
    It's quite hard to source now but it is oh so good, made by the maker of the X-Wing and Tie Fighter games on the PC.

EnterNow, I have been recommending this one to you for a while, you have it yet?
    Interested in trading for mine?
    I'll stick it up on the trading forum if you are interested.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Definitely wasn't me, I live on the more civilised South Side. Score, a free Famicom :D

I call shenanigans. Shenanigans I say!

Oh, paid 15 for that jap copy of Darius II on Adverts, he was looking for 25 with a Pal MD but I said I had no need for the console, so he contacted me with a game only offer.
    I thought Pyongyang was buying the lot tbh, but hey ho, hopefully have it by Monday, make a nice companion for the PS version and the version I have on the G-Net.

Still looking out for Super Probotector though, will trade the Secret Weapons Over Normandy for the PS2 for it!!

Lol did Pyong back out of that deal? Not like him to pass on anything Darius related, maybe wasn't interested since the MD wasn't modded. I would imagine that game will look super on your modded Nomad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just reserved a Limited Edition of Catherine that out tomorrow, the gamestop down here only got 1 ps3 and 1 xbox copy in, glad I got it now

Lol did Pyong back out of that deal? Not like him to pass on anything Darius related, maybe wasn't interested since the MD wasn't modded. I would imagine that game will look super on your modded Nomad though.

There's been bad weather across Europe lately. Last I heard he couldn't collect the game form the seller due to being snowed in up in the mountain lodge.

FantasticNorway-MountainHill-537x359.jpg

Sure I have a region modded Asian MD as well, should be good there too, no?

I have an Asian MD2 but it's PAL I think. Not too sure about the various MD versions, pantry lad (these nick names are addictive :p) is the expert I think.

• Advertisement

Could be worse, it could be panty lad....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

No I knew it wasn't him, I'd have heard tyres screeching & a cloud of tyre smoke...followed by sirens from police cars in a high speed pursuit of him

Sorry to rain on your parade guys but I've been working. Tis a horrible job but it pays money, unfortunatly it takes up a lot of time so I can't play many games, I haven't even looked at my 3DS in months:(

Oh and the Micra is still going strong.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Sure, he's the oil boy for them blokes on Tallafornia, his official title is "male fluffer " whatever that is. Needless to say the job has made his hole weak whole week!

Tut tut a male nurse of your "vintage" should be careful cos us Tallafornia heads are well hard..

For each other.......... before any of you sick minded peeps quote it:pac::P

Panty lad really!!:pac::pac:

Master of the Universe

If we go down that road, you shall be known as incontinence pants man.

Age related incontinence of course :P

If we go down that road, you shall be known as incontinence pants man.

Age related incontinence of course :P

Nope, sorry, not as funny as my comment, YOU FAIL!!

And anyways, it's more an absorbent slip pad these days, something discrete you can pop into a pair of underpants and feel confident all day!

Master of the Universe

Any chance someone could buy something and get this thread back on topic before it gets any more depraved??! :D

Any chance someone could buy something and get this thread back on topic before it gets any more depraved??! :D

No!! recession and all that!!!

Quite a day for nicknames today. New nicknames & rebrandings:

Pantry Boy - Panty Boy
    Cideroap - Incontinence Boy
    North Korea City man - Mountain Lodge Man
    Jack Burton - Low Sperm Count Dude
    Retr0 - The Angry Nintendo Nerd

Quite a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Low sperm count dude? I am offended by the unoriginal name, could have at least said "his guys swim in circles"

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Quite a day for nicknames today. New nicknames & rebrandings:

Pantry Boy - Panty Boy
    Cideroap - Incontinence Boy
    North Korea City man - Mountain Lodge Man
    Jack Burton - Low Sperm Count Dude
    Retr0 - The Angry Nintendo Nerd

Quite a day.

I see you've conveniently left yourself out :P