Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got a nice little haul today. Chibi Robo Park Patrol on the DS, Sword of Mana on GBA and Warioland 3. That means I have all 5 of the warioland games now and it was 5 euros posted from adverts. I heard Sword of Mana is good but has the new Square Enix problem of simplistic story yet far too much dialogue.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, should be getting Geist and Odama for the GC by the weekend! Happy days!

I must get back to Geist. It has an absolutely terrible opening because as an FPS it's absolutely terrible. However once you are a ghost it becomes a lot more interesting. Some of the puzzles are great and the various vision modes for different camera and animals you possess s great. I just wish th idea was revisited by a competent FPS studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Not retro game related but definitely retro. One of my new Casio F-91W's beside my hiking watch, some size difference.
    Everyone should have a F-91W, you don't need to be a hipster or a terrorist(they famously use them for bombs) and they cost next to nothing.

For some reason the little green bulb that lights up the display reminds me on my childhood :o

Click for bigger:
    DSC_0721b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

First the raspberry pi blog delivers its most important update ever.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/615

A few mins pass and the 1541 Ultimate news page gets its biggest update since November also!

http://www.1541ultimate.net/content/index.php

This can only mean one thing to me.....

fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Steve SI wrote: »
    Not retro game related but definitely retro. One of my new Casio F-91W's beside my hiking watch, some size difference.
    Everyone should have a F-91W, you don't need to be a hipster or a terrorist(they famously use them for bombs) and they cost next to nothing.

For some reason the little green bulb that lights up the display reminds me on my childhood :o

Click for bigger:
    DSC_0721b.jpg

Everyone loves those casios, and i bet everyone has had one at some stage

and props for getting a non "cool and retro one"

20101221042013816183_800_0.jpg

We dont do fancy colours here when they arnt necessary, I call it being legit!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Think I might still have my old remote control casio somewhere.
    One of these babies.Oooo yeah :cool:
    product1_15916.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

It comes in any colour you like, as long as you like black.

Seriously though, if its not black its a fake as Casio only make them in black.
    Even though these things are dirt cheap there is a whole fake market for them and it can be hard to spot the real deal.

The Watch site has a decent article on it.
    http://www.thewatchsite.com/index.php?topic=8729.0

Edit:
    Most of the F-91W's you see on ebay are fake, even if they claim otherwise.
    The one I got is real, I made sure of that.

Think I might still have my old remote control casio somewhere.
    One of these babies.Oooo yeah :cool:
    product1_15916.jpg

This is the chunky ass mofo I used carry around:

CMD40-01.jpg

I lost count of how many times the strap broke off / popped out of that thing.

The face of the watch was just too big for the damn thing!

I think they were 50 pound back in the day or something like that,

these days you can get chinese clones with softer buttons for a 1/10th of the price:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/0-9-lcd-tv-vcr-dvd-vcd-sat-remote-control-wristwatch-1-cr2032-48466

sku_48466_1.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Used to get ponces in Gamesworld, back in the day, trying to change the stations on the store monitors, in the console display cabs, dim-wits!

I have had a whole host of digital watches, not a remote but one of those Data bank ones from the 90's, a classic Casio as seen above.
    Then, for a good 10 years, I gave up wearing a watch at all, seeing as my phone had a perfectly good time display.
    But, upon changing to a smart phone, the battery life is so rubbish that I may as well get a watch again, so here we are! Got one for my birfday and wearing it ever since.
    Kinda hard to go back to them, they feel weird and tight on the wrist..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

waveform wrote: »
    This is the chunky ass mofo I used carry around:

CMD40-01.jpg

Being a 16 year old, having one of those in school was mandatory. Que hillarity in double history when your meant to be watching a film about stuff that happened in Cideys day :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

had one of these myself! In fact my youngest brother has one too and he only bought it about a year ago, they must be still selling them, or else started selling them again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

EnterNow wrote: »
    Being a 16 year old, having one of those in school was mandatory. Que hillarity in double history when your meant to be watching a film about stuff that happened in Cideys day :D

Oh yes...
    Wait until you are posting here in 20 years time and the youngsters are giving you stick, slagging off your retro-iphone3GS and you're considered a troll for insisting that the PS2 can never be retro!
    At least by then no one will remember the name "Streets of Rage", gamers can sleep soundly knowing that they will never be subjected to those horrors again.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You know how in the Bill and Ted films, the future world realizes their genius and almost worships them as gods?

Well ours will be something similar, except future generations will see the brilliance of Streets of Rage and build statues Axl, Adam and Blaze.

It will be glorious. Ciderman will be branded a heretic.

However, due to his senility, he will simply be banished rather than executed.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Ciderman will be branded a heretic

That happened the minute he destroyed the Citadel in City 17

Wasn't I a hero?
    Silent, strong, bearded....

Wasn't I a hero?
    Silent, strong, bearded....

One mans hero is another mans menace

Streets of Rage = Beat 'Em Up Perfection!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm getting the popcorn ready.

waveform wrote: »
    Streets of Rage = Beat 'Em Up Perfection!

I thought Super Street Fighter IV was beat'em up perfection?
    Or was it Tekken 5?
    Or perhaps KOF'99?
    My money is on The Last Blade 2 or Powerstone.

But in no universe in the grand multi-braned, manifold of reality is Streets of Rage considered "Beat'em Up Perfection".

You can collect your coat on the way out, your name will be erased from the morning roll call.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

But in no universe in the grand multi-braned, manifold of reality is Streets of Rage considered "Beat'em Up Perfection".

You can collect your coat on the way out, your name will be erased from the morning roll call.....

..well its still better than most of the home ports of Final Fight (bar maybe the Mega CD one), and way better than the frankly overrated Double dragon...;)

Whoever told you that? It's quite wrong. StreetFighter 2 CE is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

..well its still better than most of the home ports of Final Fight (bar maybe the Mega CD one), and way better than the frankly overrated Double dragon...;)

Eh Final Fight One on GBA= beat-em-up nirvana..

pdbhp wrote: »
    Eh Final Fight One on GBA= beat-em-up nirvana..

What the hell is EH final fight?

As in eh? :D

Horizontally scrolling beat'em ups?
    More like meh than eh.. ;)

I think I'll go and torment the little folk in the PS forum, getting bored!

River City Ransom is where it's at.

Horizontally scrolling beat'em ups?
    More like meh than eh.. ;)

I think I'll go and torment the little folk in the PS forum, getting bored!

How can the mod of a retro gaming forum, the largest in Ireland in fact, not see the value in a good side-scrolling beat em up? We shall therefore consult some old fashion logic, & detective work.

If you eliminate everything else, whatever remains, no matter how illogical, must be the truth:

Ciderman, troll of his own forum :D

Everyone knows side scrollers are no fun unless playing with friends.

Therefore Ciderman had no friends in the arcade and he stood there with big tears in his eyes looking for someone, anyone to play SoR with him... anyone that was old enough not to make him look like he was a creepy old guy playing with children.

Batman Returns though was great because it was one player. Let the kids have their fun on Simpsons arcade and X-Men.

It's no arcade for old men.

Or was it Tekken 5?
    Or perhaps KOF'99?
    My money is on The Last Blade 2 or Powerstone.

"Oh look, I've walked a few meters and I can't move any further.

I guess I'll just stay inside this confined area forever!"

Streets of Rage is Side Scrolling Beat Em Up Perfection to me.

Your senile rants will do nothing to change that fact! :D

EnterNow wrote: »
    As in eh? :D
    Aha sorry , having a spectacularly sh!tty day and a bit grumpy. Ok ff gba , mega cd, versions not withstanding sor was a better home scrolling beat em up ;)

• Advertisement

All this talk of SOR has me playing it in another tab on Vizzed.com for the 1 millionth time again.

Jesus, I just can't get enough of that game. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement