Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,581 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Pick up a rare PAL Megadrive blue label variant last night from an Irish ebay seller. (well I at least think it's rare, I've never seen it before)

Here's what F1 by Domark usually looks like in Pal, there are usually a good load of copies on ebay. (As far as I know it was called 'F1 World Chamionship in the US, but just F1 here)

F1_Coverart.png

Here's the one I picked up (No manual unfortunately). A blue label version with the full title of 'F1 World Championship'.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/220934335712?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Ebay ended auctions only has one other one of these sold.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sega-Megadrive-F1-World-Championship-Edition-Complete-Instructions-/270889404835?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item3f124449a3

Must look into this one more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Pick up a rare PAL Megadrive blue label variant last night from an Irish ebay seller. (well I at least think it's rare, I've never seen it before)

Here's what F1 by Domark usually looks like in Pal, there are usually a good load of copies on ebay. (As far as I know it was called 'F1 World Chamionship in the US, but just F1 here)

F1_Coverart.png

Here's the one I picked up (No manual unfortunately). A blue label version with the full title of 'F1 World Championship'.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/220934335712?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Ebay ended auctions only has one other one of these sold.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sega-Megadrive-F1-World-Championship-Edition-Complete-Instructions-/270889404835?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item3f124449a3

Must look into this one more!

Que a Tower-esque boom in sales :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    They were here for a while, in the early 90's, Pillsbury made them, or something like them.
    Lovely, cheesy bliss... Like Gears of War!

An Xbox360 Hot Pocket Controller Mod, by Sir Heck himself

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Nice little charity shop find today.

IMG_0028.jpg

No manuals and both games were filthy. Soul calibur had what I can only hope was peanut butter complete with hair stuck to it :( But after a quick clean they look acceptable now. Can't really complain for €2 a piece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

That Sonic pack looks fun. Good work Armand Van Helden. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Some good times playing Sonic Fighters ahead :pac:

Dublin City council just called to advise me they'll be delivering a skip filled with GET's! on Monday (actually my 'deliver to' app said so).

I'm on vacation on Monday and I'm not going to be in work to collect them. Some decent GET's! at that. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Dublin City council just called to advise me they'll be delivering a skip filled with GET's! on Monday (actually my 'deliver to' app said so).

I'm on vacation on Monday and I'm not going to be in work to collect them. Some decent GET's! at that. :(

Where is it you work again? I just remembered I have to inexplicably go in there to do some impersonation on Monday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pyongyang wrote: »

I'll pick them up for you ;)

No chance! Those pups will be under lock and key! 95% SHMUP smut, so smutty it would make even the An Post customs staff eyes water! :D

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'll pick them up for you ;)

But the mother?

sauron1.jpg

Retr0gamer's ma when she see's the An Post driver pull up. :D

vlcsnap2011032818h11m01.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

:D Just showed them to my mam. She's says you's can both **** off :)

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    :D Just showed them to my mam. She's says you's can both **** off :)

Hello Retr0's mam! Make sure that lad is in bed soon, otherwise he'll be cranky and posting gibberish all over boards :pac:

Hello Retr0's mam! Make sure that lad is in bed soon, otherwise he'll be cranky and posting gibberish all over boards :pac:

In fact please take away the internet should he begin to mention frame rates and/or how something has aged.

Also are you single? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Hello mammy retr0

how-you-doin.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Tom Harward

iphone 4s! but i am little bit regret buying i t nw/////

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hello Mrs Retr0,
    I met Retr0's dad once, seems like Retr0 v.05 tbh....

Also, has she seen the context of the images?
    The fact that Retr0 is trying to be as sneaky as Mr Sneaky the Fox who has just obtained 1st class honours in sneakiness from the Dept of Sneakiness in Trinity College?

Slipping things quietly in the back door again, have we Retr0?? ;)

Slipping things quietly in the back door again, have we Retr0?? ;)

And we all know he's no stranger to slipping things in back doors ;)

Yeeeeeeow!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Playing my new Wonderswan with some nutty Gundam game, I'll figure it out eventually.
    There seems a lot of WS games on ebay but the price seems to entirely depend on how understandable they are to english speakers ears!
    I have some more games on order, all in all it's a cracking little machine, pity they didn't launch it elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Good work Adultappleflavouredbeveragemale. Glad you're enjoying the Swan. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Got Nanostray on DS in Game for €6.99 supposedly preowned but anyone can see that the game is bloody brand new:)

Master of the Universe

Went into Eason today to have a browse, and saw my favourite game on the cover of Retrogamer.

Instabuy!

310448.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,861 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Went into Eason today to have a browse, and saw my favourite game on the cover of Retrogamer.

Instabuy!

310448.gif

Been meaning to grab my copy on the iPad. Is there much of an article on Metal Slug or is it just a page or two?

Master of the Universe

I was worried it'd just be a bog standard retrospective, full of info I already knew. But it's more interesting that that. It's an article more to do with the games origins and tracing it back through one guy who's come forward as being a member of Nazca (who pretty much just went by their alias in the credits)

Really nice spread too. There's a two pager full of sprites and original artwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,861 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I was worried it'd just be a bog standard retrospective, full of info I already knew. But it's more interesting that that. It's an article more to do with the games origins and tracing it back through one guy who's come forward as being a member of Nazca (who pretty much just went by their alias in the credits)

Really nice spread too. There's a two pager full of sprites and original artwork.

Sweet, downloading it now.

Just won this on fleabay, awaiting shipping costs now...
    576635_16299_front.jpg

If you clck to buy a mag in the Retro Gamer app, you can preview every page of the mag before you buy it. Albeit in a super small window, but enough to make out if you want to buy a particular issue.

Checked out the Metal Slug one, think I will buy it as a celebration of adding a Metal Slug X MVS cart to my Metal Slug collection this week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Just won this on fleabay, awaiting shipping costs now...
    576635_16299_front.jpg

Very nice, must get me some Wonderswan games!
    Make cheques and postal orders out to pdbhp.. thanks:cool:

• Advertisement

Just won that frog rhythm game for the wonderswan for.about 5.50 with shipping, happy days.
    Going to get Space Invaders at some point too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement