Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's like an alco falling off the wagon, isnt it? Same thing happened to me in January. I ended up spending a fortune. Had been good for months and months.

What you pick up anyway, anything tasty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    It's like an alco falling off the wagon, isnt it? Same thing happened to me in January. I ended up spending a fortune. Had been good for months and months.

What you pick up anyway, anything tasty?

Exactly like that :(

Nah nothing out of the ordinary, some cheap £1 2600 carts, snes, Mastersystem Zapper, Sonic Spinball [yes, Sonic Spinball] etc. Oh I got Aladdin on the snes, really loved that game.

Master of the Universe

Sonic Spinball?! Do you not remember the childhood trauma, no? :p

Sonic Spinball?! Do you not remember the childhood trauma, no? :p

I think it was £2 for a boxed copy...for the sake of completion and all :o

The discount code makes it ridiculously hard to talk yourself out of it :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Something absolutely disgusting just arrived in the post today. I'm ashamed. I also lost something today, any shred of dignity anyone here had left for me.

I couldn't take a picute because just pointing the camera at this... thing melted it with pure evil so I'll use one stolen from google images:

n64-superman-cart.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

well this has been a one of those weeks for me, lots of new things but nothing to show for it, car parts for a service and bills just to name some of the exciting things! I did get a new kick ass frying pan though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got nailed with car tax myself :(

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Got nailed with car tax myself :(

Bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well I bought some car parts, ok and tractor parts too...I am a farmer sure, that all came to like 150, not so bad right, but then there's was the classic line "And with the VAT that comes to...."

bastards!

Master of the Universe

Sometimes I really enjoy not having a car :)

The hour commute I'm about to embark on is not one of them :(

• Advertisement

Sometimes I really enjoy not having a car :)

The hour commute I'm about to embark on is not one of them :(

Having a car is worth if, if nothing else, not to have to endure public transport.

Shudder.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Best thing I got this week is an email from MS confirming my cancellation of my xbox live sub. Hopefully no more email spam from them about it too. :pac:

Something absolutely disgusting just arrived in the post today. I'm ashamed. I also lost something today, any shred of dignity anyone here had left for me.

I couldn't take a picute because just pointing the camera at this... thing melted it with pure evil so I'll use one stolen from google images:

n64-superman-cart.jpg

Jesus Christ, he fixed a CD-i & gets Superman 64 in as many days.

I know, I'll have to buy something legendary like Super Metroid or Link to the Past to counteract the pure ****tiness I've recieved.

I know, I'll have to buy something legendary like Super Metroid or Link to the Past to counteract the pure ****tiness I've recieved.

You seriously have to. There's a disturbance in the force.

Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Having a car is worth if, if nothing else, not to have to endure public transport.

Shudder.

The worst part of it is waiting for a bus on Abbey street every day. Sometimes I think I've accidentally wandered into Raccoon City.

Master of the Universe

Woah wait a minute.

You don't own Super Metroid or LTTP?

But you own Superman on the N64?

GTFO!

Once you get a car you'll never want to take a bus again. The lack of junkies and youths smoking 'adult cigarettes' at the back while playing **** RnB or 'dance' music on their phones is bliss.

I own both although LttP is the GBA version :P Have a PAL copy of Super Metroid and I stupidly bought it on virtual console as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Todays goods:

WT7UR.jpg
    xIKaY.jpg
    bUpQe.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

n64-superman-cart.jpg

I wasn't aware Sauron took a day off...
    Learn something new everyday!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Todays goods:

xIKaY.jpg

Is that like a Kodak Photo CD disc player thingy for the Saturn?

Steve SI wrote: »
    Is that like a Kodak Photo CD disc player thingy for the Saturn?

Aye. A nice curio. There's a couple of official Photo CD's for the Saturn. I don't think there's any SHMUP smut though... :(

Aye. A nice curio. There's a couple of official Photo CD's for the Saturn. I don't think there's any SHMUP smut though... :(

Nice, I'm about to get serious with my Saturn collecting over the next 6 months. Any recommendations are welcome.

I plan to get a few different and rarer Saturn consoles and then start collecting the games properly.

Should be fun(and pricey).

Any recommendations are welcome.

I'll save typing and just give you this:

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/sega/saturn/sega-saturn-shmups-2d-shooters

:)

Not sure what Saturn consoles you have, however I adore my Model 1 NTSC-J Saturn. If I was to buy another Saturn, I'd love a Victor Saturn.

I'll save typing and just give you this:

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/sega/saturn/sega-saturn-shmups-2d-shooters

:)

Not sure what Saturn consoles you have, however I adore my Model 1 NTSC-J Saturn. If I was to buy another Saturn, I'd love a Victor Saturn.

Some nice stuff in there. I've got a couple of Saturns already, an NTSC-J one and a standard PAL one as well as a dead one. Have a good few games including the obligatory Radiant Silvergun X2(3500 yen each a few years ago in Tokyo, the games not rare by any standard over there) but haven't really done much in the way of collecting.
    I did pick up Panzer Dragoon Saga last year.

I did pick up Panzer Dragoon Saga last year.

Isn't that the game Pantryboy got too? Definitely get a Victor Saturn if you are going to collect the consoles. I believe it's the Victor (aka JVC) console that has both the photo operator and VCD card built in.

It's more expensive than a standard Saturn, but it's very cool and looks great. I think Goldstar and Toshiba made Saturn consoles too.

Master of the Universe

I picked that up over the summer alright. As close to mint you can get it without it being VGA graded really. Had to after playing Retr0's copy, absolutely amazing game.

I have Zwei but haven't played it yet. My Saturn is set up, yet I find myself playing RefRain Prism Memories instead... :confused:

Is Saga that rare across all regions?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Funnily enough, Zwei is the only one I don't have :D

It costs a bomb in English. The PAL version is by far the nicest. It's also the rarest. The Japanese one isn't too hard to find, but doesn't go for a lot like all Japanese RPGs.

The source code of the game was lost, so it aint ever going to see a rerelease. Only way to pay it is to shell out for an original english copy or get yourself a some dodgy pirate discs!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement