Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭Steve X2

no ignorance, its more me just assuming things. Sites that sell a particular design for 24 hours and then move onto another design the following day

Places like teefury, ript apperal, qwertee all seem to do way too many dr who references shirts it seems to me

I see a lot of people wearing t-shirts with the old doctor who from the 70's and 80's on them and I'm fairly sure most of the people have never watched a classic episode in there life.

This type of thing:
    49420.jpg.size-300_maxheight-300_square-true.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

like seeing people with an ATARI tee and if you ask them ah you play the atari? No I just bought this in pennys

like seeing people with an ATARI tee and if you ask them ah you play the atari? No I just bought this in pennys

Yep, exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Got this today, dirty pizza included
    k1pgfm.jpg
    avjxvs.jpg
    18nhhi.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Wtf he sent it in a used pizza box?! I suppose as long as the board works then that's the main thing but what a lazy hobo of a seller. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Wtf? I'm sure your board is great, but my God, a used pizza box? I've seen it all now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Wtf? I'm sure your board is great, but my God, a used pizza box? I've seen it all now.

I know, thing of all of those interesting smells it might have masked!

In all seriousness that's kinda weird.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Steve SI wrote: »
    ah an excuse to post this:
    Sixties belgian jazz Doctor Qui

and while we're at it ....Fake Turkish Doctor who

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Worked a treat actually and the board is mint, crazy eBay seller tho

• Registered Users Posts: 8,992 ✭✭✭Doge

I honestly....

think the more modern series of Doctor Who ( i.e. the ones with Billy Piper acting in them)

is the most

cringeworthy

viewing

on

TV.

And it will always puzzle me how people can possibly endure watching such tripe! :pac::pac::pac:

There, I finally got to vent my frustration in front of an actual Doctor Who fan!

All imo of course! ;)

I do love the history involved in the making of the original theme tune though. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I really like the newer series :o
    Although I havnt watched many of the Matt Smith episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,992 ✭✭✭Doge

They should make an R-Rated, gorey,ultra-violent Doctor Who episode/film with this version playing in a battle scene...

I like Doc Who and don't care about the consequences :p

I was a bit dubious about Matt Smith and his lack of eyebrows but I've grown to like him. Still prefer Tennant of course but what can you do. We might see him back for the 50th anniversary.

Jamaican Doctor Who

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,247 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I just assumed everyone was only watching Dr. Who for Karen Gillan ;)

I liked what I've seen, but never had the motivation to keep track of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I just assumed everyone was only watching Dr. Who for Karen Gillan
    she's really weird, in some photos she looks lovely and then some others she looks like she's 40

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Sera wrote: »
    she's really weird, in some photos she looks lovely and then some others she looks like she's 40

doctor-who-the-girl-who-waited-01.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

waveform wrote: »
    I honestly....

think the more modern series of Doctor Who ( i.e. the ones with Billy Piper acting in them)

is the most

cringeworthy

viewing

on

TV.

And it will always puzzle me how people can possibly endure watching such tripe! :pac::pac::pac:

There, I finally got to vent my frustration in front of an actual Doctor Who fan!

All imo of course! ;)

I do love the history involved in the making of the original theme tune though. :p
    Once they kicked Russell T Davis out and get Stephen Moffat in as the main guy behind the show it went from being crap panto to actually being quite good.(basically once Matt Smith came in as Dr. Who).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,558 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sera wrote: »

And what, pray tell, is the issue with 40?
    Is it final gateway to old age, obsolescence and wetting yourself when you laugh?

Actually I do prefer the 20 something Amy to the 40 something, psychotic Amy...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,667 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's insane! I've never seen anything that bad. Have had stuff delivered in Pampers boxes before, but thankfully they were nappy free!

Glad it worked out fine for ye. Nice board, great game. I was trying to win a ST-V of Soukyugurentai from the same seller recently. Found out it was a bootleg though, thankfully I didn't win (he never stated it was a bootleg, even when I asked, but I had the photos provided confirm the cart as bootleg).

Who knows what it would have been sent in. A bag of anthrax and a folded Michael Buble CD cover probably.

• Advertisement

This little beauty arrived this morning, Raiden DX for the PS1. Would love to get my hands on the PCB version but fabulous game nonetheless. Unlike that annoying 'The Raiden Project' that lets you rotate the image but not the controls. :rolleyes:

DX has some very handy in game settings to re-position scores/bombs, adjust screen position etc.

rdxps101.jpg

rdxps102.jpg

Stage selection. Hooked on the Training stage atm, it's one long level with no continues and a single boss at the end. Training my arse, it's very difficult to get far into it.

rdxps103.jpg

Pics from lvl 1 of the Novice stage which is similar in layout to Raiden II lvl 1:

rdxps104.jpg

rdxps105.jpg

Found a secret bonus to play with an orange ship! :eek: Nah I've just been tagged by a bullet while pausing the game, a split second before it's going to explode. :pac:

rdxps106.jpg

Master of the Universe

That was delivered very quickly!

As to your usual standard, some of the nicest CRT photo images I've ever seen :)

Actually, you know what? They'd be absolutely brilliant for making my hama bead sprite things. I wanted to build a tank, but can't seem to find any sprite sheets for Raiden 2.

I may use the one in your photo. You can see every single pixel crystal clear!

/edit - I also fell for your orange ship gag for a moment :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Mint as usual Pyongyang!

Got project zero on the xbox in the post this morning.

Mint as usual Pyongyang! Greek Mother!

FYP.

Lovely stuff Mr. 76. A fine addition. :)

edit: Literally just now, a 'GET!' arrived. :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    That was delivered very quickly!

As to your usual standard, some of the nicest CRT photo images I've ever seen :)

Actually, you know what? They'd be absolutely brilliant for making my hama bead sprite things. I wanted to build a tank, but can't seem to find any sprite sheets for Raiden 2.

I may use the one in your photo. You can see every single pixel crystal clear!

/edit - I also fell for your orange ship gag for a moment :D

Help yourself to them. I re-sized them down to 25% so if you want the full size ones or more pics then let me know, it's no hassle.

/Edit: Actually yeah, I only bought it on Sunday (ebay), postage was €8 from France. That is quick!
    Mint as usual Pyongyang!

You on the gargle already? Suppose it's almost lunchtime now. :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,052 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You'll enjoy it, it's creepy as hell though! Sera tells me the second one is much better and up there with Silent Hill 2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,558 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Project Zero, I think I have one of those on the Xbox..
    Of course I have far too many games to play right now and I'd have to invest in a new array of underpants to cope with another game on the scale of Silent Hill 2!

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    and I'd have to invest in a new array of underpants to cope

Must not make age related jibe

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,052 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've done something horrible... this is my lowest point. I used the left over funds on my O2 card to buy superman 64 :'(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I've done something horrible... this is my lowest point. I used the left over funds on my O2 card to buy superman 64 :'(

If you come on here telling us the game got a bad rap, & that it's not as bad as people make out...I swear :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement