Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I must say, the game looks great and, while a certain review bemoaned the newfound userfriendly-ness of the main characters new range of movement compared to Resi 4, thinking it removed a sense of vulnerability, I think it makes the whole thing far more exciting and it feels more "action orientated" despite the ammo limits and the claustrophobic interiors.
    All in all a good game, have a feeling the limited movement of Resi 4 may well go the way of the tank controls in the first few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

DinoRex wrote: »
    I hope I'm not in trouble for ruining your appetite before dinner on Saturday with my selection of animal biscuits and curly wurlies.
    no it was only a small dinner like, had I known I would have had everything :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Wuick I'm drink so make be buy setting sub € 60 that's regrettable. Also iPhone auto correct is letting me dorm big times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Wuick I'm drink so make be buy setting sub € 60 that's regrettable. Also iPhone auto correct is letting me dorm big times.

Filed for later use.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The Tower arrived this morning, sealed and lovely.
    Here's a thought ...
    If I let you shower open yours and play them won't that make my sealed copy more valuable???

• Advertisement

Oh, also heading off to buy a 20 euro Circle Pad Pro because, when it comes to it, I'll buy anything with the word "Nintendo" on it :(

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    If I let you shower open yours and play them won't that make my sealed copy more valuable???

I'm gonna leave mine sealed, it could push the value to to eleven, perhaps even twelve euro.

Another reason not to open it is that, well, despite my Saturn being modded it doesn't, in fact, make it region free, just able to play CD-Rs, should the occasion arise, ever.....

So, the only way to play it is to make a iso from it, use SRP on it and change it's region, burn it to a CD-R and play it.
    At least I can do so with a clear conscience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Does the action replay cart not allow imports to be played? I have the cart, just no PAL or NTSC-U games to test it out. I only bought it for the built in RAM pack.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The 4 in 1 allows it.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The 4 in 1 allows it.

That's the diddlybop I have. The 4in1 thingy. My collection is entirely NTSC-J though so...err...yeah... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'd be the exact same with the Saturn myself. The games I mostly have are Ntsc-j. Have the 4 in 1 for those rare few must have English titles like PDS.

Today's GET! goodies. Some retro, some not. Figured I'd share anyway. :)

Qz5eT.jpg
    2BT2F.jpg
    g7C5V.jpg
    u8Fn9.jpg
    wVFhV.jpg
    23wD2.jpg
    fweR9.jpgb6v43.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Today's GET! goodies. Some retro, some not. Figured I'd share anyway. :)

Everyday is like Christmas..

nice goodies, is that my Star Soldier:pac:

Neal Stephenson, I have something of his somewhere, Cryptonomicon is it? Tough going either way.

Neal Stephenson, I have something of his somewhere, Cryptonomicon is it? Tough going either way.

Yeah, his books are really hard work. I have Cryptonomicon. I've not got through that one yet, but will do. I admit I stalled halfway through that one because it was so challenging.

Read a Kindle sample of Reamde and loved it. It's a huge read, but seems more appealing to me than Cryptonomicon. Hence the purchase. :)

If you want a challenging read, try anything by Richard Brautigan. Or Screwjack by Hunter S. Thompson. It's only 30 or so pages long but utterly surreal stuff. Great reading material.

@pdf php: I got that Star Soldier special mini series edition from a guy in Japan. It's Star Soldier. Anything 'Soldier' by Hudson is immediately excellent! :D

Hope there's a few DW:Gundam fans out there. I have the first two games, they are amazeballs. The 3rd game, graphically, looks utterly divine. And for the price this game costs on Amazon, you should be ashamed of yourself if you don't consider it for a future purchase. No excuses! (Unless you don't like Gundam or Dynasty Warriors games I guess. :D).

edit: Surprised nobody has picked up on the rare game in those snaps!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Couple of quick photos of some of the stuff I picked up today. Haven't had time to photograph the supergun or the new PCB yet. Soon!

DSC_0251.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

DSC_0248.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg

@Pyong - how much for the 3.5" enclosure?

£14.99 from Amazon. I set it up last night with a 1tb drive I had out of action for months. Has a LOT of important data on it, I thought the drive was dead but wanted to make sure (and save a few bob on finding out).

I cracked the case open the drive was housed in. Not an easy job by any stretch. Plonked it in this enclosure and it works a treat. The DC input on the old retail unit was fecked and kept cutting the drive out.

This enclosure for all of it's £14 and 99 pence is great value. Good build quality. All the connectors, cables, fittings and whatnots. It has a great activity light on the front too with a multicoloured led lighting up 5 stars across the front.

Very cool, good value, excellent build quality. Well happy with it (mainly because it got my important data back!). :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002LVUIQM

£14.99 from Amazon. I set it up last night with a 1tb drive I had out of action for months. Has a LOT of important data on it, I thought the drive was dead but wanted to make sure (and save a few bob on finding out).

I cracked the case open the drive was housed in. Not an easy job by any stretch. Plonked it in this enclosure and it works a treat. The DC input on the old retail unit was fecked and kept cutting the drive out.

This enclosure for all of it's £14 and 99 pence is great value. Good build quality. All the connectors, cables, fittings and whatnots. It has a great activity light on the front too with a multicoloured led lighting up 5 stars across the front.

Very cool, good value, excellent build quality. Well happy with it (mainly because it got my important data back!). :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002LVUIQM

Nice one man, need two of those so shall be ordering. Is it the smart type ones that shut the drive down when whatever its connected to powers off? I had one before that kept the drive alive, whirring away for hours. You had to manually switch it off

• Advertisement

With Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (OS I use at home) it installed no bother. No drivers needed, although it comes with a good full colour manual if you need any links or install info etc.

It's a fairly silent case. I couldn't hear drive access/platter spin when the disk was not in use anyway. It's got an I/O switch on the back, as standard I guess. Apparently it's hot swappable too. Though I doubt I'll risk trying to find out if it is or not with the HDD I have in there at present.

Bottom line though, for 15 nicker, you can't really grumble. It's one of the better enclosures I've seen. Great value. If you want a couple I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Few random bits arrived today.

A new and sealed 3DO joypad(the FZ-JP1X version) as some of the 3Do stuff I got in Japanoland didn't have pads, a new and sealed DC mouse, a Fossil Abacus watch(runs Palm OS) for parts for my original one and T2 for the megadrive(complete and minty fresh).

DSC_0703b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Qz5eT.jpg

Yet another victim falls to the Oxygen-Free Cable gimmick!*

*I bought the same kind also. Definitely worth it for the cable thickness and nice connectors.

23wD2.jpg

Oooo! ooooo! Suits you sir!

Producer eh?

Show us your shtuff or gtfo! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

o1s1n wrote: »
    DSC_0248.jpg

Finally, the Retr0de is in your hands!

Can i haz teh zero tolluhwence dump nao plz? ;)

kthxbai!

Nice to see the C64anabalt cartridge in there too.

Definitely worth paying the extra over the cheapo chinese ones as most do not support anything larger than 640GBs or something.

Now maybe add a dab of Sugru to the corners to give it some shock absorbtion!

waveform wrote: »
    Oooo! ooooo! Suits you sir!

Producer eh?

Show us your shtuff or gtfo! ;)

Sure thing. Here's a couple of watermarked samples from a track I was working on (long since abandoned) and now am going to revive again.

If you can guess the sample I used, you win 9 pesetas. :)

Ok, not retro but I had 15 left on a Game giftcard.
    I should have spent it on MS points but didn't.
    My choices were Puzzle Bobble on the 3DS or Test Drive Unlimited 2, and the latter won out.
    Now. I know how most feel about the game but if you can mentally jettison every cutscene and speech sample there is a decent game in there with tons if content.
    I love open world racing games, probably my favourite current gen genre, the first game was a blast too.
    Anyways, I ended up spending about 3 hours with it this evening, excellent!

Rhyme Rider Kerorican arrived this morning, perfect in every way.
    It was opened before but aside from that looks like it was never touched since.
    I feel like I shouldn't play it at all, rather just frame it and gaze upon it...

Rhyme Rider Kerorican arrived this morning, perfect in every way.
    It was opened before but aside from that looks like it was never touched since.
    I feel like I shouldn't play it at all, rather just frame it and gaze upon it...

I have that game on my Swanlist. Nice purchase Adultappleflavouredbeveragemale.

It cost 2.50 with 3 p&p, best ebay bargain I have picked up.
    Happy days.
    Now to await Puzzle Bobble, its a mono wonderswan game but I do love that series.

• Advertisement

I assaulted Infideals yesterday, wrestled it to the ground & stabbed it with the 20% code for boardsies. I blame pyong, buying The Tower has awoken the buying beast in me :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement