Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first go - title "The Madman?"

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

padraiggg wrote: »
    It's OK, he made a really exciting escape somehow! Then some other things started happening...

He's back.

More!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

paidraggg!!

I ****ING LOVE YOU MAN!!! :D

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Nice to have you back!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I just know padraiggg has been putting as much real-life research into Trent this last year as Eileen into her book

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

He's back!!
    This has made my day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Brilliant unselfconscious comedy and intriguing man of mystery story rolled into one killer package.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭padraiggg

This is the beginning of a new story I;ve been working on what do you think. ALso There was a man who talked to em about the stories and he said some things to me to do and I can tell you about them on Wednesday if you want to hear it

It was night. The street was deserted except for some streetlights, some darkness where there wasn't streetlights, a man walking along, and a cigarette smoking itself in the shadows.

The man walked towards the cigarette...

Aint you gonna ask me what I'm doin here? Said a cloud of smoke. The man squinted his eyes and could see a man on the outside of the cigarette. And a hat on top of the man.

"What are you doing h.." started to say the man but another cloud of smoke came interruptingly towards him and part of it went in his ears "I have ta warn ya". Said the words. "Warn you about the Umra Gazoul" "Umra Gazoul what's th..." the man tried to say but Trent wasn't in the mood to hear the end of that sentence and started talking again. Your my milkman, right? That means theyve probably already got to you. without you even noticing probably. Do you remember being kidnapped and drugged and hypnotised into becoming a secret killer at any point in the last few days?

POONK! A blow pipe arrow landed in the neck of the possible secret killer,definite milkman who wasn't hiding in the shadows. Trent caught the ex-milkman and ducked into a doorway just as another hail of Blowpipe bullets K-THOONKED! into the streetlamp.

But the milkman wasn't quite ex! He was trying to answer Trent "Krgl....! Kroorgl....! Blgl....!..... ...." But none of it was words. MERCY SNUFFING! Trent gently yet brutally snapped the milkman's neck, then using his own neck, looked up at where the sky would be if it wasn't dark. "Nooooooooo!" Said Trent. Umra Gazoul had found him. Of all the secret terrorist organisations that he was battling against, this was the worst. And now he'd have to nip to the shops in the morning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

ALso There was a man who talked to em about the stories and he said some things to me to do and I can tell you about them on Wednesday if you want to hear it

On behalf of everyone else ... Yes please !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

In stitches laughing here :D K-THOONKED! Definitely gonna start using that!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

And now he'd have to nip to the shops in the morning...

Yup, I can see how that would annoy Trent. Brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

padraigg will you be participating in NaNoWriMo? The world needs a Trent novel!

NaNoWriMo? No. No NaNoWriMo. Im doing something similar though that i wanted to tell you about yesterday but some things happened... well, some things didn't happen was the problem actually. So I'll have to say it in a few days. (when they do happen)

Still waiting on a couple of things before I can tell you about the new Trent news. In the meantime here are some outtakes/deleted scenes. What do you think?

Trent's First Day

Trent was 21 years old (Trent wasn't 21 years old, it was a flashback). It was a flashback and Trent was standing in front of the police chief.

Your off the case! Shouted the police chief. And you have 24 hours to solve the case! shouted the police chief.
    Now get out there with your partner before I throw you off the case and take your badge!

Goddamn rookies said the police chief to himself as he ate a doughnut and combed his moustahce and sucked up to the mayor. Trent looked at his partner, he was a different height to trent, and a different colour to trent and he didnt think the same things! And he was a woman! They were totally mismatched!

'OK Rookie - get in the car.' Said trents partner as she jumped onto the bonnet and started sliding towards the drivers door. Trent quickly jumped onto the bonnet too and headed her off at the number plate and slid faster than her into the drivers seat. "Need a ride?" said trent as he fired up the 119hp engine and kickslammed the car into a skid in front of the woman.

Trent and the Questionable Beauty

Trent was in yet another hotel, his business seemed to demand this often but he didn't mind, he liked all you can eat breakfasts. The names Smith, JOHN Smith said Trent, easily fooling the man. Trent went up to his room and put his tuxedos in the cupboard and his wetsuit and combat strikeforce gear. Then he looked around the room... hairdryer, teabags with strings on, television that didn't have the good channels. But something was missing...

INTERNATIONAL ESPIONAGE! Trent quickly opened the bathroom door and a beautiful foreign agent with a heart of gold fell out. Aha! Said Trent after some light wrestling over the little gun she had been planning to get him with. "I'll never tell you who im working f.." Started to say the woman but Trent kissed the argument back into her face. Now she was a double agent at least, and only time would tell if she was triple or higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Excellent work padraiggg, especially this bit:
    Trent looked at his partner, he was a different height to trent, and a different colour to trent and he didnt think the same things! And he was a woman! They were totally mismatched!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I can't believe that Trent was once in the police. How did a rogue like him get a badge.

Sheer brilliance as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

''....but Trent kisses the argument back into her face''

I love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

50 likes in 4 hours. Is this a record?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

3332 thanks in 35 posts must be.

Especially since he only has 34 posts :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It must be between padraiggg, DeVore, face kicker, Pighead and M.T. Cranium for highest percentage of thanks per post.

Thanks Padraiggg for brightening up a dull Monday!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

That's hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

oh Trent, im so glad you're back in our lives!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    It must be between padraiggg, DeVore, face kicker, Pighead and M.T. Cranium for highest percentage of thanks per post.

Thanks Padraiggg for brightening up a dull Monday!

I'm bored and waiting to go home so I thought I'd look it up.

padraiggg - 95.74 t/p
    DeVore - 5.1 t/p
    face kicker - 159.8 t/p
    Pighead - 6.35 t/p
    M.T. Cranium - 19.14 t/p

I also found a facekicker clone with 1 post with 135 thanks.
    M.T. Cranium has nearly 60000 thanks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Oh Trent <3

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

When will the Morgan Freeman audiobook be released? The world needs it! :D

Sorry for the delay in saying it... but the news is... there's going to be a Trent book if enough people want it! Someone helped me to set it all up, inclduing getting illustrations done. So now we're ready to start making:

eBooks (invisible book that lives in the internet)
    Normal books
    T-shirts
    Prints ( a copy of one of the drawings for your wall)

All you have to do is go on this site and say you want to buy it and pledge some money, and then we send you one or some or all of the things, depending on how much you want it.

http://www.indiegogo.com/trentsadventures

then when we have enough, we start the presses rolling (and the invisible presses for the ebook).

The man who helped me did an introduction and told me what to offer for all the rewards. And then I;ve written a bit about:

what the books about (Trent obviasly, but what about him?!)
    What you can get

So go on this page and read what its about and see if you want a trent book.

You can see one of the illustrations and I'll put another one up on here if peopel seem interested.

The site we wanted to use for this said that Trent was too violent. I didnt quite understand that, he always just uses the necessary amount of violence.

So we had to put it on this other site where they only take dollars but apprently you dont need to go to the airport and change your money for it they just work it out on the computer when you pay.

If you have anymore questions about it put them on here, then if there are a few I'll do some FQAs on here and I'll be doing updates on Twitter and my friend is making another website so we can put things there too.

Thanks

padraiggg

Joyous news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I clicked on the link to find Trent pointing both bullets at me. I had no choice but to donate, Trent saying "aha! you have no choice but to donate!"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Count me in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Any chance a moderator could put Padraiggg's IndieGoGo project in the OP so everyone will be aware of it?

Great idea Padraiggg, looking forward to seeing the end product. :)

Advertisement