Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first go - title "The Madman?"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I've donated. No way I'm missing out on having a first-run copy of what is sure to be a classic.

I consider it an investment despite the inevitable increase in my house insurance premiums due to having such an important literary specimen.

My kids will surely thank me when they're older.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Falthyron wrote: »
    Any chance a moderator could put Padraiggg's IndieGoGo project in the OP so everyone will be aware of it?

I think it would ruin the thread for anyone reading it for the first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I think it would ruin the thread for anyone reading it for the first time.

Not to mention your own classic responses at the start!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I so want to walk into a book shop in the internet and buy an invisible copy:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Frederica Beauregard

Oh I like so much.

It's like to me, what Humphrey Bogart would have been had he been James Bond :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭padraiggg

So things have started a little slowly, my message in After Horse got closed which slowed things to a treacle.

Nevrmind. Need to think of some other ways to let people know about teh book. any ideas?

And does anyone wants to see the first drawing of Trent?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

padraiggg wrote: »
    So things have started a little slowly, my message in After Horse got closed which slowed things to a treacle.

Nevrmind. Need to think of some other ways to let people know about teh book. any ideas?

And does anyone wants to see the first drawing of Trent?

Yes please, if it's safe to look!

The picture is going to be NSFW

Not Safe For Women

On account of the fact their lady parts might explode with ecstasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

The picture is going to be NSFW

Not Safe For Women

On account of the fact their lady parts might explode with ecstasy.

My lady parts exploded in ecstasy at just the thought of it, and I'm a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

You should set up a Facebook page if you haven't already. Seriously, people are mad for that sh*t.

• Advertisement

Hope the picture works. This is the sort of thing you could get a tshirt of or a print on the wall of.

http://www.indiegogo.com/trentsadventures

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Payday can not come fast enough.

padraiggg you will get all my money.

What did eveyone think of the drawing?

I'll be getting him to do some more if we can get some more pledges but itss still going slowly so remember to share this with your friends.

A trent book and t-shirt makes a perfect christmas present for someone who owns book shelf or a body, and who doesnt mind getting their christmas present until February.

http://www.indiegogo.com/trentsadventures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

I was just reading this article .....
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/twelve-years-for-holding-pharmacy-staff-hostage-for-hours-3316251.html

I came across this and all I could think of was the Trent story.

You couldn't make it up...

"He said on the phone he had “nothing to lose” and was holding two hostages with a gun. “If things aren’t done my way, I’ll shoot one of them,” he said, adding that if he saw a garda outside the door he would “shoot myself and shoot one of them”.
    He didn’t actually have a gun at the time <snip>"

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭flanno_7hi

I'm broke but i had to do it. book plus ebook.

I hope it gets funded.

Its a shame the book isnt hapening just yet so I threw the stories I started for it down a well. Now i'm doing some new ones on twiter to get things going again.

I dont know if youve heard of social media but twiters one and it means you can talk to people youve never met!

At the moment im doing a thing where you can chose your own adventure with Trent. Im calling it find your own adventure

http://s10.postimg.org/91fowgo95/twiter.png

So heres the page and it needs your help - click on the page then tell (ask politely) Trent what to do!

https://twitter.com/trenthahaha

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Didnt know about it or would have donated, I assume many people just didnt see it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Ah dammit Tar, I taught there was an update, a sequel even?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

The "CIA/FBI" thread in After Hours led me to Devore's "Ask Me Anything" thread which brought me here.

Great stuff OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    The "CIA/FBI" thread in After Hours led me to Devore's "Ask Me Anything" thread which brought me here.

Great stuff OP!

Curse you- got me excited that there was a new post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Oh man, I got linked to this thread from another one. This is great stuff. Come back Trent, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Goddammit, I thought there was a new Trent story :(

Heres one you might of missed. It was on the social media site twitter that i recomended before so unless your very up to date with trends, you probably would of missed it. You can only do one sentence at a time on there, so thats why there was a lot of gaps in between the sentences. I tried to delete as many as I could but I got bored. Also theres some new bits I couldnt fit before.

TRENT in - Beverley Kills Cop

Trent was 21 years old (Trent wasnt 21 years old, it was a flashback) It was a flashback and Trent was standing in front of the police cheif. "Goddamn rookies" shouted the police chief to himself as he ate a doughnut and combed his moustahce and sucked up to the mayor.

"Kachowsky! shouted the police cheif. I dont care if you do only have 1 day to retirement. SHouted the police chief. Get your butt in here!

Your off the case! Shouted the police chief. And youve 24hours to solve the case! shouted the policechief. Now get out.. or your off the case!!

Trent looked at his partner. He was a different height to trent & a different color to Trent. And he was a woman! They were mismatched cops! 'OK Rookie - get in the car.' Said trents partner as she jumped onto the bonnet ("hood") and started sliding towards the drivers door. Trent quickly jumped onto the bonnet ("hood") too and headed her off at the number plate and slid faster than her into the drivers seat.

"Need a ride?" said trent as he fired up the 119hp engine and kickslammed the car into a skid in front of the woman, smashing through a plate of glass two men were carrying and some boxes holding melons as he did so.

Then Trent had sex with the female policeman.

"One day until retirement and now Kowalsky is dead off of being had sex with! Your off the case rookie!' Shouted the cheif

Now, hand in your badge shouted the police chief and hand in your gun shouted the police chief and no taking the law into your own hands with deadly vigilante justice in a thrilling race against time "shouted the police chief"

"Oh, and Rook'" shouted the police chief as Trent left. I already have 6 goddamn mayors on my ass I aint need another goddamn pencil pusher from city hall up my goddamn ass, so definitely do NOT follow up the lead we have on Jimy the snitch.

'well well well, Jimmy the snitch' said Trent. "I aint no rat said the mystery man." Trent gave him a €1 bill and a stun kick. 'Yes its me' said Jimy

I hoyd the cheif say you was off da case! Said Jimmy. Trent laughed. hahaha 'If you think im playing by his rules...Trent said tantalisingly... Your DEAD wrong Trent said sentence-finishignly as he suddenly played by his own rules,grabbed Jimy by the cravat & threw him into a abatoir.

"Hey get out this abatoir!" Trent heard an abatoir man shout. But it was to late. Jimmy had dripped throgh a metal grate and into a sandwich. Trent dis-enhatted himself briefly as Jimy croaked. Not cause of respect, cause a clue was flutering in the air and he cuaght it in the hat. I gotta split & read this said trent. He ducked into a stripclub but couldnt think cos he got in a gunfight & a massive fishtank got smashed

"Ok rookie youd beter start talking, why have you gathered me and the mayor and the comisioner here on your 1st day. Shouted the police cheif

AHA! Siad Trent. I deduced you might ask me that, then he sleuthily stroked the moustache he had grown for the occasion. 'Well I'll be a goddamed son of a bitch' said the mayor. SOmewhere n the back of the court a prety legal clark fainted.

‘But whose the killer’ said the mayor? Trent held up tomorows paper, it was Jimy the snitch AND Kowalski. The judge cheif and trent, said shouted and said, 'GUILTY' 'TAKE HIM AWAY BOYS' and 'CASE CLOSED' respectively. It was the end of Trents 1st day and he had solved the case with 2 seconds to spare.

"Now to enjoy my retirement" said Trent. "Well played rookie' shouted the cheif under his breath. Well played you son of a bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Dis-enhatted. Fantastic!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

2441702-0720251747-origi.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Trent is back! In flashback mode! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

...Kowalsky is dead off of being had sex with!

Brilliant!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I have a four day weekend and trent is back. Can things get any better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

This next instalment of Trent has made me ridiculously happy!

He's some man for one man! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Fiend-Foe

Well Done Trent!!

Remember some time ago someone with some time correlated all the Trent posts into one?

I copied and pasted it into a word doc for easy perusing. Makes it easier to read all the story from the beginning, and makes it look like I'm working.

(Wish I were nimble enough to snapkick my boss, without snapping my groin. I've been thinking it over for some time. The only feasible snapkick delivery method would be to first jump on my desk. But I am not nimble enough for that, so I would need to jump up on my chair and then to the desk and snapkick. But I think the wheels would make it roll and then I would just bang my head on the desk.)

Anyway, I think this person did us all a great service, and it would be quite noble of them to do it again...

Advertisement