Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern Warfare 2 To Include No Dedicated Servers / PunkBuster / Mod's?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Some of the chat and especially the pics are a bit ott lads.
    There are only two reasons i can see behind IW's decisions:
    •Preventing or trying to prevent piracy through monitoring of users on multiplayer.
    •Making PC players pay for DLC
    At the end of the day IW is a business and the two mentioned reasons are the best way for them to secure income. However by the looks of things it might backfire (and i hope it does) and result in a load of pc gamers not buying it or downloading a modded version which is probably what they are trying to prevent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

•Preventing or trying to prevent piracy through monitoring of users on multiplayer.
    Nope. IW.net (and Steam, VAC, etc) won't stop piracy. In fact, making these decisions will make MW2 the most pirated game in the history of gaming!
    •Making PC players pay for DLC
    Absolutely. That's the only reason why they've made these changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

It will encourage more piracy of the game for PC players for just the SP and nobody will bother with the MP side. I'd love to go on and explain my side but it would be against the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Nope. IW.net (and Steam, VAC, etc) won't stop piracy. In fact, making these decisions will make MW2 the most pirated game in the history of gaming!

Absolutely. That's the only reason why they've made these changes.

surely that makes no sense from a purely economic point of view i.e someone buying the game generates more money than the DLC would so it would be better from there point of view to include the same functionality as MW1 to get the pc community behind it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

time to just face MW multiplayer is dead on the PC :mad:

time to embrace the goodness that is Battlefield Bad Company 2

http://movies.teamxbox.com/xbox360/battlefieldbad2/BFBC2AricaHarbour.wmv*

only three months to go :cool:

*I know its only on the 360 but I cant wait to see it in all its glory on the PC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

WOW, BC2 looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! and the sounds, unreal.

btw Check out these numbers for MW2.... honestly lol at the petition, 180k is nothing for IW. Considering how much money they will reel in from the DLCs from the suckers who buy the PC game they will recoup those 180 lost sales in no time.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=5742

Sad truth

Seems PC version have production problems... nice surprise for those that "broke down" and bought the game anyway. lol

http://www.mapmodnews.com/article.php/Modern-Warfare-2-PC-release-start-errors

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

lol

surely that makes no sense from a purely economic point of view i.e someone buying the game generates more money than the DLC would so it would be better from there point of view to include the same functionality as MW1 to get the pc community behind it
    It makes sense to you and me! But sadly it doesn't make sense to the muppets in Activision / IW... :mad:

CyberGhost wrote: »
    Seems PC version have production problems... nice surprise for those that "broke down" and bought the game anyway. lol

http://www.mapmodnews.com/article.php/Modern-Warfare-2-PC-release-start-errors
    MW2 on PC is the biggest game FAIL of the century!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

thats nice, for people who have the game in their hands already, ready to activate on steam. oh well. its not a huge fail, you can still choose to download it over steam instead

Making steam mendatory is what pisses me off,

I hate having to run an extra app just to run a game, and it's also so messy, I either like a game full integrated into steam, steam browser, friends, everything, full integration, or not integrated and not using steam at all.

MW2 is a half assed integration, it's(steam) just a downloading platform in this case, that's it... and it requires you to run it whenever you run the game.

The older method was so much cleaner.

Here is a full playthrough/walkthrough for the SP, 4 hours total.... and the same old boring game.

http://www.gameanyone.com/game/X360/3803.html

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Jesus thats criminal, 4 hour single player and the price jesus. Of course it will still get 90% plus reviews from everyone. Gaming industry is in a pathetic state. If theyre so uninterested that they produce a 4 hour full price game, just forego the SP and stick to MP ala BF2 or Warhawk.

Have I posted yet that the game is limited to 6vs6, 9vs9 is only for one gametype "ground war" or something.

TDM is 6vs6, you have to unlock the hardcore mode and most of the gametypes don't support it.

choosegame.jpg
    15cexwn.jpg

Oh yea, and better teach those PC novices that had a hard time with the server browser how to forward ports.

1257796143185.jpg
    288351h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

How's everyone holding out? I hope all the boycotters here haven't caved in!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Nope, haven't bought it, although the housemate purchased it for the xbox; I have repeatedly refused a playthrough 'n all. He on the other hand is loving it hehe

Creggy, the absence of the features I require makes it real easy for me not to purchase the game...

If just buy MW2, then by the same logic I can go out and buy any other game, both will be equally useless to me.

BTW, they've just announced(through Gametrailers) that a DLC would be coming exclusively to 360 first, then...... wait for it... PS3 AND PC! so yea, everything people predicted would happen and was the real reason for this change is happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

creggy wrote: »

nope and never will

creggy wrote: »
    NEVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER! :D

Advertisement