Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern Warfare 2 To Include No Dedicated Servers / PunkBuster / Mod's?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,062 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The very sort of thing that's easily done with mods. See?
    Fook this train, I'm getting off. My money's better spent on blow and hookers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Grim. wrote: »

They are really going full out to alienate everyone with these idiotic ideas, I am afraid Call Of Duty is now offically dead to me :mad:

Long live Battlefield

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

hahaha R.I.P competitive CoD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Grim. wrote: »

Well, I don't see it as such a bad thing, as a feature and an idea itself, however I do think that it's a very poorly executed idea.

First The animation is TERRIBLE!, second, it's just that third person view, no cover system, no features that make the third person enjoyable.

Looks like just a tacked on, last minute idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Wow! How cool! 3rd Person FTW! Can't wait to get this game on PC! All these changes will improve the game so much! Can't wait!

[/SARCASM]

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Ah lads, come on now. Sure what's wrong with a third person FPS? I think it's a great idea to have a third person...first-person shooter...
    ...:confused:...

...oh, right, yeah...

...that kinda sucks!

:D:D

Having said that the third-person mode is only available in those specific games, it doesn't cross over into the FPS mode at all. It's for casual gamers like me really :) If you're a serious gamer you never have to go near the Third-person mode at all.

r3nu4l wrote: »
    If you're a serious gamer you never have to go near the Third-person mode at all MW2.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

All I can say is "what a bunch of ****".

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

opening scenes of mw2 has been leaked. Warning: Serious spoilers, bad quality.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=364_1256689255

Definately going to acquire mw2 single player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

fúcking hell...Activision are rightly heading for a shítstorm.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,402 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I can't see why people are getting annoyed about the inclusion of 3rd person game modes. Its an additional feature, its not like the whole game is going to be 3rd person. Its only a few multiplayer modes. A few EXTRA multiplayer modes. You're getting something EXTRA. Don't like it? Don't play them. Still have the rest of the game to enjoy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,062 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

opening scenes of mw2 has been leaked. Warning: Serious spoilers, bad quality.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=364_1256689255

Definately going to acquire mw2 single player.

Is it just me, or does the guy playing this (in the reflection off the TV screen), look about 13?

Watching this video though, I can hear the diatribes from Fox News / Bill O'Reilly already ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

So it appears that the xbox version of mw2 was leaked a few hours ago :D

Burgo wrote: »
    So it appears that the xbox version of mw2 was leaked a few hours ago :D

Yea, somebody has been playing it on justin.tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

bf1badee.jpg

:)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Very funny.....

ANyways I was in Game to day getting a new head set for my xbox and they asked me if I wanted to pre order MW2. I told them no and gave the reasons listed above. And I was thinking of getting it for Xbox and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Iloveellen

6 mutha fukin days people :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Iloveellen wrote: »

boy, ellens gonna feel alienated for a while :pac:

• Advertisement

unfortunately I have to wait until 05/03/2010

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

121 days wow thats a long time, don't think i could wait that long for another game, already been waiting long enough for MW2.

allen175 wrote: »
    121 days wow thats a long time, don't think i could wait that long for another game, already been waiting long enough for MW2.

tis indeed but since they cocked up the multiplayer side of MW2, I dont think there is not much else I can do.

oh btw I will play the single player but wont be paying €60 for a 4-5hr campaign

402, that you?

Besides, I've watched so many live streams of the game, I'm bored of it already, I know all the weapons and maps by heart now.

Oh btw, I've just read that leaning has also been removed. Thank You IW!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

shocking

Gekko was wrong greed is bad
    Rip C.O.D

Oct 2003 - Nov 2009

6 years of glourious gaming gone in a flash bang

H1fgG.jpg

XNdtI.png

Well at least it saves profiles online! That's so AWESOME! Defo getting this for the PC!

W@nkers... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ye all all forgetting mouse support, or is that gonna be included in a patch?

Advertisement