Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ah im sure they just see the potential down the line in a few years of how successful a reunion is. Like DX and Evolution, theres money to be made in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

If The Shield did reunite in a few years time, would Ambrose & Reigns be wary of Rollins or would it have all blown over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    If The Shield did reunite in a few years time, would Ambrose & Reigns be wary of Rollins or would it have all blown over.

"You RKO'ed and kissed my wife. Kicked my father in-law in the head and smashed my brother in-laws ankle. Sure lets be stable mates again and while were at it you're the new world champ"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

3 month rule bro.

As with all future feuds/angles, the past can be easily forgotten.

Randy Orton obviously forgets that Hunter once thrashed his house and beat him to a pulp on his lawn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,461 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's the Big Show rule we can switch you face or heel whenever we want and don't care what the WWE Universe think of it.

In the case of the Big Show that's every second week.

I woldn't surprised if the Shiled were back together by the end of SummerSlam.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,389 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Likely they'd reunite to battle someone they're all opposed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Speaking of necks, Santino has retired from in-ring action after suffering a third neck injury. He retired at a house-show in Toronto and told the crowd that he was proud to be a Canadian.

I was gonna go to that show but was at the one two nights before in Windsor instead since I was in the area. It was 16 dollars for the ticket, thats about 11 euro, and it wasnt even that far back as it was a small enough arena in a hockey rink. Was an ok show, from what I remember it went:

Goldust/Stardust def Rybaxel in a good opener, Cody was brilliant fun during it hyping up the crowd.

Natalya def Paige in a dull match, she got a huge pop though being Canadian and all.

Ziggler def Fandango, then Fandango asked for another match, Khali came out and pinned him after a big chop. Khali shouldnt even be in a ring he can barely walk. Rusev came out then and scrapped with Khali, Lana screwed up on the mic doing her "puny America" speech, corrected it to Canada shortly after :pac:

The Usos def the Wyatts in a solid match, lots of spots.

R-Truth def The Miz in a boring match, Miz was good on the mic though.

Cesaro def Kofi in a good match, went to do the big swing and then said nah and dropped him, lots of boos for that.

Roman Reigns def Bray Wyatt in one of the best house show matches I've ever seen. Bray was brilliant at working the crowd, they used two tables, kendo sticks, the ring steps out on the aisle, brawled in the crowd. Great spot where Reigns went for the Superman Punch and Bray reversed it into a Sister Abigail through a table, crowd went nuts for it. Harper and Rowan interfered and the Usos made the save, Bray got speared through a table for the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,684 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Santino retiring could be why Sandow is now being pushed more comedically

• Registered Users Posts: 28,920 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Shame about Santino. As much as the comedy segments annoyed me at times(Twisted tea anyone?) and the fact Emma was paired with him, being forced to retire is not a good way to go out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Santino has his gym/dojo/school whatever you want to call it,he seems to have made a plan for the future good luck to him

• Registered Users Posts: 23,138 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Santino retiring could be why Sandow is now being pushed more comedically

If they needed another comedy character, they should've kept Maddox.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Makes you wonder if WWE's Creative are beginning to regret their decision of splitting The Shield in the first place

Considering they made the decision the day before, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Considering they made the decision the day before, I wouldn't be at all surprised.
    And here I thought we were on the same page with me agreeing with two of your posts in a row :p. I think it's a case of pandering to the fans and making money. Everytime DX reunite it generates interest and The Shield are the greatest stable since DX. It just makes money to bring them back together!

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    And here I thought we were on the same page with me agreeing with two of your posts in a row :p. I think it's a case of pandering to the fans and making money. Everytime DX reunite it generates interest and The Shield are the greatest stable since DX. It just makes money to bring them back together!

They split about a month ago and are already apparently making plans to reunite them. That isn't pandering to the fans (if it's true), that's oh shit, we should have planned this out first.

They split about a month ago and are already apparently making plans to reunite them. That isn't pandering to the fans (if it's true), that's oh shit, we should have planned this out first.
    I think this may be a case to agree to disagree here. It wasn't long after DX split (Triple H going into singles action for the title) that plans were put in place to re-unite DX only for a swerve in Triple H screwing the lads. Again, WWE is company. They want to make money. Shield=money. No matter what way you look at it. EC-Shield vs Wyatt's-Money, Extreme Rules-Shield vs Evolution-Money, Payback-Shield vs Evolution Part 2-Money. There isn't a surprise there were slight rises in subscriptions to the network for the last two. The Shield does equal money. WWE have three great superstars on their hands at the moment involved in different feuds (Ambrose after Rollins, Rollins with the contract, Reigns after the title and The Authority) they know full well they have three men who can draw on their hands. And again, the plan to put them back together isn't until at least 2016. Also, all three men will supposedly be the last three men in the RR next year. WWE have faith in them as single stars but putting them back together does equal money. I know for one I'd mark the fcuk out if they became a team again and that's less than 6 weeks after they split!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

WWE News: Smackdown main event

Roman Reigns vs. Rusev

Six months too early.

rovert wrote: »
    Six months too early.

It's Smackdown. Nobody will care.

rovert wrote: »
    Six months too early.
    It's going to be a screwy finish like a double count-out or a DQ for Rusev or something silly like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

reminds me of Punk Vs Ryback, where there's no good result.

• Advertisement

reminds me of Punk Vs Ryback, where there's no good result.

Have Kane and Orton beat down RR before the match starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

It's Smackdown. Nobody will care.

^^^

What he said. Perfect place to put them on TV and see how they do one-on-one before rolling the dice on a future PPV match. Sure they run the next week's Raw main event on SmackDown now sometimes as a tune-up. Put a bit of build into them working at, say, Night of Champions and nobody will remember this match happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Sting tweeted this:
    ff4546c94f.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Took me a while to figure out its next Monday. Damn Americans and the way they use dates

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Sting debuts on Raw next Monday?? - that's all i took from his tweet

It's probably just WWE 2K15 stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Sting debuts on Raw next Monday?? - that's all i took from his tweet

Nope he has to go through NXT first.
    WWE just announced that tonight's United States championship match between Sheamus and challenger Alberto Del Rio will be a Last Man Standing match on WWE Main Event.

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

• Registered Users Posts: 28,920 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When is Del Rio's contract up anyway?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    When is Del Rio's contract up anyway?

Not soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Yeah I get their is few fresh match ups, but Del Rio seems to have wrestled everyone on the roster a million times.

We will probably get another 212 matches between him and Sheamus before he retires though. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement