Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

When they say Passed out do they mean drunk/drugs or just asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

The term used wasn't 'asleep', it was 'passed out' which obviously implies he was on something.

Hope it isn't true. Is Wrestlezone reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Monokne wrote: »
    The term used wasn't 'asleep', it was 'passed out' which obviously implies he was on something.

Hope it isn't true. Is Wrestlezone reliable?

Add in that it says his condition was being discussed in the locker room. Implies he was in bad shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Add in that it says his condition was being discussed in the locker room. Implies he was in bad shape.

What maybe happened?

Kurt fell asleep on a flight

WWE Locker Room : " Hey did you see Kurt was out of it on the plane?, heres the pics "

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Tbh I'm not surprised in regards to Kurt. It's not like he's an angel when it comes to drugs/alcohol. But he's probably on pain medication or something to do with his injury, and decided to have a few beers as well. Wrestlers used to do it a lot back in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Tbh I'm not surprised in regards to Kurt. It's not like he's an angel when it comes to drugs/alcohol. But he's probably on pain medication or something to do with his injury, and decided to have a few beers as well. Wrestlers used to do it a lot back in the day.

He's recovering from alcohol and drug addiction. Pain medication and having a few beers are most definitely off limits to him right now, or at least he's telling people they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Wrestler sleeps on plane shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

He was dead tired. (Broken neck)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Speaking of necks, Santino has retired from in-ring action after suffering a third neck injury. He retired at a house-show in Toronto and told the crowd that he was proud to be a Canadian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Two of the best comedy segments in WWE history and he arguably made both of them. His whole heel run was as good as it gets with WWE trying to be funny.

Also the obvious choice for his best work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Also Petey Williams, of Canadian Destroyer fame, has announced his retirement.

canadian-destroyer-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Still amazed everyime i see the Canadian Destroyer my mind always tries to process it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Anthony Carelli, aka Santino Marella, just announced his retirement at a house show in Toronto after suffering a third major neck injury. Carelli, who was nationally ranked in judo, was one of the most naturally funny guys in modern pro wrestling.

Blame Emma

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Santino is a great example of a guy being handed lemons at times by the booking team and, through sheer perseverence, no little charisma, more ability than he's often credited with and a willingness to play for laughs made lemonade time after time.

Best of luck to him, will genuinely miss him if he goes completely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I really liked him 2007-2008 ish, got stale VERY quickly though.

Unfortunate as I felt he had a lot of potential. He got labelled a comedy act though and that was it for him being a serious competitor.

WWE obviously value him so he'll have a stable job there in some capacity for quite a while I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Imagine had Santino won the World Heavyweight Championship at Elimination Chamber 2 years ago :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

was never going to be made WHC, think it was a case of him getting the biggest reaction on the night, so Vince probably decided on the fly to have him last eliminated, keep heat on Bryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Not a massive loss but a shame all the same. There was a stage, during his time Beth etc, that I was genuinely tuning in just to see Santino.

My only disappointment is that the Honkimeter didn't carry on for longer.

While Santino was never going to be a headline attraction, he did what he had to do well. He was given ****e most weeks yet still came out and gave it his all. His work ethic was superb and was very naturally funny and had good comic timing.

Fair play to ya Santino :)

(now imagine if this had happened before Emma was put on the main roster)

• Advertisement

So Emma is gonna steal his spot?

I'll show myself out.

:o

Moneymaker wrote: »
    So Emma is gonna steal his spot?

I'll show myself out.

:o

Your material seems like that of WWE creative

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Never a fan of Santino and thought the cobra was a farce. how he was allowed to pin people with that ill never know.
    Im sure he could have been a better wrestler and as Vision of Disorder pointed out, he did as best as possible with what he was given, just a shame I hated whatever he was given.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Both the Chamber and RR are two of my favourite moments of the past decade. No way was he winning, but it was stupidly exciting to think that maybe he would do it.

Some men complain and bitch when they aren't handed the best card possible, other do want Santiono did and turn that bad hand into something solid. He was never going to main event with the gimmick as it became, but he was one of the funniest acts we have had in a long time (only rivalled by perhaps Colt Cabana), was a solid worker and had me calling HonkyTonk the "Honk-a Tonk-a Man" for weeks! :P

Both the Chamber and RR are two of my favourite moments of the past decade. No way was he winning, but it was stupidly exciting to think that maybe he would do it.

Some men complain and bitch when they aren't handed the best card possible, other do want Santiono did and turn that bad hand into something solid. He was never going to main event with the gimmick as it became, but he was one of the funniest acts we have had in a long time (only rivalled by perhaps Colt Cabana), was a solid worker and had me calling HonkyTonk the "Honk-a Tonk-a Man" for weeks! :P

Id love to hear your impression of Santino doing HTM on the next podcast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Id love to hear your impression of Santino doing HTM on the next podcast

I'm already practising :p

Rumors of WWE looking to cut $20 million from their budget this year are now confirmed. Vince McMahon has reportedly decreed that they cut $20 million and while they may not get that far, that's what Vince wants.

Expect a lot more people to be future endeavoured.

Emma is one lucky girl, i'm sure they're looking for any excuse to cut people right now.

So many could go and so many big earners too

Khali, Big Show, Kane and Mark Henry should go but we all know they wont. Personally think they should all be put out to pasture.

Zack Ryder should turn his phone off now and hide

beakerjoe wrote: »
    So many could go and so many big earners too

Khali, Big Show, Kane and Mark Henry should go but we all know they wont. Personally think they should all be put out to pasture.

Zack Ryder should turn his phone off now and hide

Also known as the 'JTG Method'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

WWE apparently considering a reunion of The Shield

Dave Meltzer (Taking this with a huge pinch of salt)
    While this is really just obvious, but it’s notable they are already talking about it, there are tentative ideas to do a Shield reunion in late 2015 or 2016, where they would be kept apart but be brought together for a short period of time, and maybe do it every few years, with the guide behind the last few DX reunions.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2118093-report-wwe-considering-shield-reunion-in-2015

Makes you wonder if WWE's Creative are beginning to regret their decision of splitting The Shield in the first place

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement