Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

No thanks, I value my balls too much. :eek:

I'd die happy in that situation!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JrdanB

Also, let us never forget this for AJ - it could be a 'fear for your balls' moment though

http://www.pwmania.com/artman/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/aj-lee-lita-wwe-cartoon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Trailer for the Heyman DVD, it does look good tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Cornette;

The Undisputed Wrestling Show on AngryMarks.com recently spoke with Jim Cornette and he had some choice words for members of the TNA creative team, as seen below:

TNA Director of Creative Writing David Lagana:
    "It's like they are on f***ing acid. I know Dave Lagana, I like Dave Lagana, would never let him close to the f***ing book. He doesn't know how to book wrestling because the only experience he had was booking 'sports entertainment.'"

TNA Vice President of Television Production and Director of Talent Relations John Gaburick:
    "The f***ing goof they hired to be the head of their creative the Big John character(Gaburick) was an out of work friend of Kevin Dunn's who gave a pity job to to produce Tough Enough. He's never booked a f***ing fart after a dinner at Taco Bell."

TNA Creative Writer Matt Conway:
    "Matt Conway is the guy who Dixie (Carter) put on the creative team when it was Jeff (Jarrett) and Dutch (Mantel) and (Vince) Russo, I'm sorry I threw up a little in my mouth, because they weren't telling her what was going on. So she took some stooge who worked in the office, he's a fine kid, but he don't know s*** from apple butter about how to f***ing book wrestling. She put him on the creative team so he could stooge to her about what they were talking about behind her back."

TNA Ring Announcer and member of creative team Christy Hemme:
    "I can't say this without laughing out loud! They just put Christy Hemme on the f***ing booking team! What the f***, she couldn't book Lassie at a pet shop! She's a nice girl, but what the f***!"

The state of wrestling today:
    "If I stop to dwell on the state of wrestling today, it was literally making me an insane person. That is why I just ignore it for the most part. If you care about the business and if you want to see the business succeed, the things that people do that are the people who are in charge will drive you insane."

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I never know what to think of Cornette. He did an AMA recently on reddit and didnt have a single bad thing to say about TNA (many bad things to say about Russo but not TNA), despite being asked several times. I was expecting a lot of answers like above. Must depend on his mood on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Because Cornette did such a fine job in ROH.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Not a Cornette fan these days tbh. Fine manager back in the day (one of the best - I'm a HUGE Midnight Express fan and they were required studying back when I wrestled), good on the mic and obviously did a good job with Smoky Mountain back in the day, but he's a dinosaur at this stage when it comes to analysing pro-wrestling.

Wrestling, like all sports and entertainment facets, evolves and should move forward, not backwards. Anytime Cornette seems to open his mouth these days he sounds like an old guy yelling about how things were better in his day. Sure they were Jim. But it's not your day anymore. So stick to telling fun stories instead of telling people who's time it is to have their day how to do their jobs. I'm sure there were people back in his day that said Cornette didn't know a thing, and so on and so forth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

His whole rage thing is mostly a work at this stage though, right?

Em, his complaint about Lagana seems to fall in line with most people's comments on him and the whole Gaburick thing is well known at this stage. No clue about Conway myself so can't comments but the Hemme one is just a meaningless response so as to have something to say, he hasn't worked with her in years and I can't imagine the two of them talked much about booking when they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well blowing up the car didn't work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Hemme's on the TNA creative team? Ok

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Hemme's on the TNA creative team? Ok

Here's my thing on that: we don't know what she does or doesn't know about booking wrestling. She could be the next Paul Heyman-type mind in wrestling for all we know. We just assume she's not because she's good-looking and did a Playboy shoot, so she's just a diva/knockout/piece of ass in fans' eyes (and likely in the eyes of many of her peers too - when you heart Court Bauer talk of having promo ideas he gave to Chris Jericho crumpled up and thrown away, multiply that by ten for any direction Christy tries to give anyone).

I say 'we' because I had the same instinctive reaction, then I realised that I'd never heard her speak about that kind of stuff before so have no idea if she's any good or not. But fans cry out for something fresh and alternative when the fact is that creative jobs in major pro-wrestling companies are usually filled by the same group of 15-20 people. It's a closed shop.

As much as those 15-20 people may know, they're not going to bring anything fresh and new to pro-wrestling because we've likely seen most of their portfolio already over the past decade or two, and their best, game-changing ideas are probably behind them. So more power to the girl, I say, I presume and hope there's a good reason she was put into the role (beyond someone just trying to get a leg up - equally likely) so wish her well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Christy is on the creative team to look after the booking if the knockouts apparently don't think her role extends beyond that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Matt Sydal (Evan Bourne) & CIMA vs Ricochet & Yoshino at Dragon Gate's Kobe World show on July 20th.

He is also back working for Gabe Sapolsky (ROH's former booker) for EVOLVE.

So it is just like the old days. Fingers & toes crossed his ankle holds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,409 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

In the news again. The police been kept busy this week with the WWE.
    “WWE received a suspicious package at its headquarters today and contacted local law enforcement to investigate,” said Tara Carraro, a WWE spokeswoman. “All WWE personnel are safe, and business is being conducted as usual.”

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

In the news again. The police been kept busy this week with the WWE.

Your about a day late ... (pisssst, its on the previous page)

Renee's incessant “OOOOH!!!!” -ing is coming to Superstars this week:

Browa2RIAAA6tS4.png

Next step Raw!

Rather have her then Lawler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I reckon she won't be around much longer, she's actually way too good to be in WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Rather have her then Lawler.

I'd rather Hornswoggle than Lawler.

King really is a pain in the ass to listen to.

Renee is good at a lot of stuff. Commentary isn't one of them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I reckon she won't be around much longer, she's actually way too good to be in WWE.

Yeah she probably is too good for the WWE but then again she is probably too good for that Scumbag Dean Ambrose (his words not mine :pac: ) but methinks he will keep being a legend on and off the show and keep her around for some time even if Vince and co could lead her to doing a Coachman (jumping ship to ESPN or something).

Worse than 50 cancelled Garth Brooks concerts:
    UStream appears to be dropping its PPV business

Thursday, 03 July 2014 20:13

As noted eariler, Tonight's New Japan show at Korakuen Hall, which had been earmarked and listed as an iPPV, does not appear to be airing as neither the New Japan English or Japanese language channel on the UStream site is listing the show.

This is part of a much larger situation that may be end of iPPVs from Japan.

Ring of Honor, which did its last three iPPVs through Ustream, apparently had learned that Ustream was considering this move, but nobody knew until today how quickly the call was being made.

This would appear to end the broadcast of New Japan events live in the U.S., and right before the G-1 Climax tournament and the huge Seibu Dome show. No announcement has been made. On the last New Japan show, they were promoting iPPVs, including tonight, and the first night of G-1, but the New Japan events page only lists last week's show and nothing going forward.

This would also affect Dragon Gate, which appears to still have a 7/20 date on its UStream channel, as well as Ring of Honor, which was planning on working with UStream regularly but has no future dates scheduled.

Court Bauer of ROH reported the news earlier today. It's a huge disappointment for the promotion after so many problems, as Ustream has been close to flawless, far more than even the WWE network, with Japanese and ROH shows.

ROH will likely try another company, but Ustream's service was the gold standard in the industry.

At least for the time being, this could be the end of New Japan live shows on the international market.

Apparently part of the problem from their end was customer service. While if one ordered and watched, problems were minimal, but there were many examples of people who would watch part of the show, log off, come back to watch, and have issues. Many would be forced to order a second time, and then would go to Ustream for refunds for ordering the same show twice. The customer service in that regard wasn't always the best as they never had people on hand to answer the frequent questions. Apparently the belief in the potential of that aspect of the business wasn't strong enough to justify having more available customer service.

Means that the best you can do is HOPE a New Japan shows up via a tape trader or an unofficial download.

ROH finally get a good provider and they stop doing them.

The NJPW shows would nearly always end up on Dailymotion a couple of days afterwards.

Wrestlezone
    Backstage sources in WWE have informed Wrestlezone that Kurt Angle, Olympic gold medalist and current TNA star, was on board a plane with WWE writers and production people last Wednesday in Pittsburgh.

Angle was on the plane bound for New York for the NYC Impact tapings, and the WWE staffers were on board the same plane heading back from the Smackdown tapings the night before at The Consol Energy Center.

Angle was reportedly passed out on the flight, and the WWE crew took photos of him. The photos circulated around the WWE locker room and the producer's meeting at the Smackdown tapings this week, and Angle's condition on the plane was the subject of a lot of conversation in WWE.

Yikes

Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Just ever so slightly dickish of the WWE staffers there

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

P_1 wrote: »
    Just ever so slightly dickish of the WWE staffers there

Maybe Kurt had bad blood with one of them carrying over from his WWE stint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,409 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Or maybe he was just sleeping on the plane. (devil's advocate)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement