Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Triple H discusses the possible repercussions of WWE Superstars after aiding Daniel Bryan on Raw. Also, Triple H converses with Michael Cole about the disparaging remarks Dusty Rhodes exhibited on Raw.

http://www.wwe.com/videos/wwe-coo-triple-h-addresses-the-uprising-of-wwe-superstars-and-the-disrespectful-26149651

Love Triple H and his chemistry with Michael Cole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

''This is a crazy industry,and a lot of people are going to go to hell....but Virgil Runnels is going there first''

Brilliant line!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

x43r0 wrote: »

I'm very confused, The American Wrestling Roadshow has NOTHING to do with the WWE tho?

• Advertisement

Just his wikipedia page rewritten with the customary Smackdowns and razzmatazz references.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Loughc wrote: »
    I'm very confused, The American Wrestling Roadshow has NOTHING to do with the WWE tho?

Yup. It reads like he had to write about AWR but wrote a WWE article instead, emphasizing it's Irish links (but failing to mention SHEAMO!). A broad scope but I'm happy to see wrestling get an article.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

Weird that such an uninspired article gets a mention on their front page.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Anyone got nice things to say about the American Wrestling Roadshow? It's on about 10 minutes walk away from me next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Clemantis wrote: »
    Weird that such an uninspired article gets a mention on their front page.

To get clicks I imagine(not being a smart arse but its such a random story I imagine a few people at least had a gawk at it). Didn't read through it myself seems to be one of those lets link an Irish sounding name to the emerald isle-ish stories. Vince's dad seemed more connected to his Irish roots seem to remember reading that he picked Hogan to be Hulk's surname specifically because it was an Irish name. Not sure if he was going through an irishey faze though :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Anyone got nice things to say about the American Wrestling Roadshow? It's on about 10 minutes walk away from me next week.

Just on this, does anybody know if any international wrestlers are on the card? I've seen the posters around town but they don't seem to mention a single wrestlers name.

An 11th hour major surpise by ROH:
    ROH show tonight airs free on Internet

ROH has just announced that tonight's Death Before Dishonor 11 show will be airing free from Philadelphia at 8 p.m. Eastern time at www.gfl.tv

The show will not be available on video-on-demand as previously advertised. You either watch it live or not at all.

The show features the semifinals and finals of the ROH title tournaement with Adam Cole vs. Tommaso Ciampa and Michael Elgin vs. Kevin Steen, and the two winners facing off in the finals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

TNA should do the same, buyrates struggling to make 5 figures are no use if you alienate the majority of your audience in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

rovert wrote: »
    Just his wikipedia page rewritten with the customary Smackdowns and razzmatazz references.

Looks like the author didn't even read the wiki page properly. He states in the article that RJ "Jess" McMahon was Vince's father.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

rovert wrote: »
    An 11th hour major surpise by ROH:

To me that means fcuk all buys. It's a pretty poor card to be honest. Hooligans vs Wolves should be good, Steen vs Elgin too along with the final, assuming Cole beats Ciampa. The rest? Meh.

I like the card but there was a super serious lack of a buzz due to no media blitz and the Title tournament not being over.

Didn't stay up for the ROH show.

The stream apparently went down during the show for about 30 minutes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    As previously reported, former WWE Diva Michelle McCool, along with The Undertaker, were recently working out at the new WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida. According to one source, McCool looked to be in great shape, so much so that many felt she looked better than when she was actually wrestling actively in WWE.

Reports claim McCool was in serious discussions about a year ago with WWE regarding a comeback. The feeling from her side is that now would be a good time to return because she could make it back on television in time to set up a program that would lead to a big payoff at WrestleMania XXX in 2014. She is also open to a return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Is this where WWE pretend McCool is this incredible worker & make a big deal about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

McCool is one of the better workers they've had in the past ten years.

People seem to hate her because she got pushed based on a personal relationship and not just talent.

No hate for Bryan though who is only being pushed because he's this generation's Beefcake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

No hate for Bryan though who is only being pushed because he's this generation's Beefcake.

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Well there's that.....and the fact he's one of the finest workers in North America the past decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I've found Michelle McCool to be one of the better Divas since Trish and Lita left. Laycool was a pretty good thing and had some pretty memorable moments.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Well there's that.....and the fact he's one of the finest workers in North America the past decade.

He is and he was over, but no big push until he became best mates with this generations Hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

You're seriously going to compare Daniel Bryan to Dizzy Boulder! On what planet is that logical.

There's no way he's being pushed because he's Cena/Punks mate. It's because he's a solid worker who's unbelievably over with the fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So McCool may be back. There's talk of Mickie James coming back. Piggy James storyline Part 2? Be A Star!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

We all know Bryan is only being pushed because of his relationship with a Bella anyway. He wouldn't have won the title if it didn't make for a good plot on Total Divas.

You're seriously going to compare Daniel Bryan to Dizzy Boulder! On what planet is that logical.

There's no way he's being pushed because he's Cena/Punks mate. It's because he's a solid worker who's unbelievably over with the fans.

He was a solid worker who was unbelievably over with the fans and got stuck in a comedy tag team with Kane.

He is currently being pushed as he is because of his close association with the #1 guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

He is and he was over, but no big push until he became best mates with this generations Hogan.

Arguably Bryan's journey to the top started with the World Heavyweight Championship. This would have been before all this stuff with Cena, so you can't really say it was all because of his relationship with Cena. That's like when the people who said Triple H only got to the top because he slept with the bosses daughter. HHH was already a world champion before then, but he was destined for success just like Bryan was. Since his WHC reign, he's been getting bigger and bigger, and it was only a matter of time before he won the WWE Championship. Everyone knows he deserves it, and Triple H seems to be a fan of Bryan as well which only adds to it.
    We all know Bryan is only being pushed because of his relationship with a Bella anyway. He wouldn't have won the title if it didn't make for a good plot on Total Divas.

Except that his push happened before Total Divas.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So McCool may be back. There's talk of Mickie James coming back. Piggy James storyline Part 2? Be A Star!

I saw TNA's "TNAinsider" twitter running a story about her considering a return to the WWE. to me that means she will stay in TNA and they want to make believe she chose them over a potential return to the WWE

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement