Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

EdK wrote: »
    No excuse being in that shape working for the biggest wrestling company in the world and having all the resources that entails at his disposal, not saying he has to be made of muscle by any means but pro wrestlers can't be carrying guts,especially these days

Why not? William Regal has a gut but is one of the best in the world inside the ring.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Yet people like brodus clay and mark henry get off scot free. I know they have a different image to represent, but are both morbidly obese nonetheless. Wrestlings a funny ol business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Why not? William Regal has a gut but is one of the best in the world inside the ring.

Was surely? When he wrestles now its like he has no bellybutton he pulls his trunks up so high.
    I find it strange looking at Bray Wyatt and Brodus Clay types & then read this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

You have to be big fat, not small fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

DM-ICE wrote: »

Or as Triple H calls it, skinny fat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

DM-ICE wrote: »

Oddly enough that's accurate even though its a double standard

Regal is well into his 40's and is hampered in his training by formerly torn muscles according to his twitter

Henry and Brodus do get away with it because their gimmicks and moves are conducive to it

But a young guy like Hero with his look and style it sticks out like a sore thumb,Maybe he's not happy in WWE and is trying to get out but you'd think if WWE is your dream job you'd be giving things your full effort and do anything to make it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I'd say their frustration is borne out of the fact he can and has been ripped in the past.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    I'd say their frustration is borne out of the fact he can and has been ripped in the past.

Like I said originally, when he was on the road with Claudio. Stick them on the same schedule again and he will improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,056 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

Another match scheduled for Hell in a Cell is Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton. As of this week, the Bryan vs. Orton feud was scheduled to run through Night of Champions, Battleground and Hell in a Cell. No word yet if they plan on putting the WWE Title back on Bryan at one of these pay-per-views, but word from this week’s TV tapings is that Orton is heavily written into the WWE Title picture until January at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Mark Henry did his hamstring in during a run in on a house show over the weekend,according to WWE.com.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/overtheropes/mark-henry-injured-at-live-event-26145529

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Mark Henry did his hamstring in during a run in on a house show over the weekend,according to WWE.com.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/overtheropes/mark-henry-injured-at-live-event-26145529

50smq1.jpg

Madison Rayne had a baby girl this week. She still says she is only temporarily inactive, but I don't see her coming back to wrestling.

WWE Superstar Christian suffered a concussion during a match with WWE Champion Randy Orton on the Aug. 26 edition of Raw, according to WWE physician Dr. Chris Amann.

"We've pulled him out of all activity," said Amann. "His ImPACT scores are normal, but he’s still having some symptoms of fogginess and cloudiness."

He continued, "We are waiting for symptoms to get better until we perform an in-ring exertional challenge later this week at the Performance Center in Orlando. At that point, if he’s able to get in the ring and exert himself, and work without symptoms, we'll go ahead and clear him [to compete]."

Stay with WWE.com for more on the condition of the former World Heavyweight Champion.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2013-09-02/christian-injury-update-26146087

The reign of terror claims another victim.

I and fellow Christian's :o noticed he didn't work Smackdown or last night. Hope he's back sharpish.

GTR63 wrote: »
    I and fellow Christian's :o noticed he didn't work Smackdown or last night. Hope he's back sharpish.

Absolutely. You have to factor in he competed in some of the most dangerous matches in WWE history and has worked a big bumping style his entire career too. Who knows how many undiagnosed concussions he has had in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,056 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I and fellow Christian's Peeps :o noticed he didn't work Smackdown or last night. Hope he's back sharpish.

FYP ;) no shame in loving Captain Charisma :P

I hope he is on Raw and has some interaction with Edge maybe a 5 second pose

20000501_edge_christian.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

For the benefit of those of you with flash photography.... :D

Nice little article about Zayn's WWE debut at a live event by his friend Pat Laprade:

zayn.jpg

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2013/09/07/21105021.html

The show also featured the return of asexual Total Divas star Tyson Kidd.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Against Cesaro again. If they don't eventually do that on the main shows, I'd be very surprised.

At this rate, how long until he's called up?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Against Cesaro again. If they don't eventually do that on the main shows, I'd be very surprised.

At this rate, how long until he's called up?

I really don't know.

Personally I wouldn't currently debut him as his appeal is too similar to Daniel Bryan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I know it was only a house show but did Kidd really have to lose that match, especially to Bo Dallas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

so no mask then?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Match booked for Raw this week. Spoilers for last week and this one coming.
    @BradMaddoxIsWWE: Since @DUSTIN_RHODES1 has asked how he can help his brother. I've confirmed w/ @TripleH to allow him to compete against @RandyOrton on #RAW

@BradMaddoxIsWWE: If @DUSTIN_RHODES1 wins and @CodyRhodesWWE apologizes, he gets his job back. So bring your paint cause it's Goldust vs Orton monday

so no mask then?

Sup 6 months ago. :p

I was a gigantic El Generico fan but losing the mask is the best thing that ever happened to him. Internet consensus opinion has shifted from sacrilege to why he ever wore a mask in the first place. At this stage remasking him would be a crime. He has a fabulously expressive face and his great actor in his backstage stuff.
    Match booked for Raw this week. Spoilers for last week and this one coming.
    @BradMaddoxIsWWE: Since @DUSTIN_RHODES1 has asked how he can help his brother. I've confirmed w/ @TripleH to allow him to compete against @RandyOrton on #RAW

@BradMaddoxIsWWE: If @DUSTIN_RHODES1 wins and @CodyRhodesWWE apologizes, he gets his job back. So bring your paint cause it's Goldust vs Orton monday

However it might not happen as Brad "Baby Battle Royale" Maddox booked it.

rovert wrote: »
    I really don't know.

Personally I wouldn't currently debut him as his appeal is too similar to Daniel Bryan.
    rovert wrote: »
    Sup 6 months ago. :p

I was a gigantic El Generico fan but losing the mask is the best thing that ever happened to him. Internet consensus opinion has shifted from sacrilege to why he ever wore a mask in the first place. At this stage remasking him would be a crime. He has a fabulously expressive face and his great actor in his backstage stuff.

However it might not happen as Brad "Baby Battle Royale" Maddox booked it.

If he is too similar to Bryan, then surely a mask is the solution :D

Oh:
    A BestofOrlando.com article about planned construction work at Universal Citiwalk in Orlando, Florida noted that the current NBA City restaurant has been rumored to close to make way for a physical WWE Hall of Fame as well as a potential wrestling-themed restaurant.
    That location has been rumored for several months, although WWE has downplayed the idea. The Citiwalk location would put WWE in the middle of Universal property and all the foot traffic that comes with it, placed in between the Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure theme parks.

It could be entirely possible that they are planning for that location but want to tie it in to a larger announcement, such as Orlando hosting Wrestlemania again, but nothing is for certain.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10033280.shtml

Booker T with some real facepalm worthy comments about MMA. The highlight being Ronda Rousey, describing her as someone who “couldn’t find her way in life and found it through going out and beating other girls up”.
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10033280.shtml

Booker T with some real facepalm worthy comments about MMA. The highlight being Ronda Rousey, describing her as someone who “couldn’t find her way in life and found it through going out and beating other girls up”.
    :confused:

A case of not talking about **** you have no idea about.

Arawn wrote: »
    A case of not talking about **** you have no idea about.

eamon-dunphy-1752012-2-390x285.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement