Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Don't want to turn this into a massive discussion or anything but I am really taken aback by the volume of Chris Benoit "Remember The Wrestler" type sentiment on Twitter over the murder weekend anniversary. It is like the tide is turning and/or some people feel it is time enough after 6 years.

Think what you want but a lot of the sentiment is really tactless/careless.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,134 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

rovert wrote: »
    Don't want to turn this into a massive discussion or anything but I am really taken aback by the volume of Chris Benoit "Remember The Wrestler" type sentiment on Twitter over the murder weekend anniversary. It is like the tide is turning and/or some people feel it is time enough after 6 years.

it's a disgrace.

"remember the wrestler" my ass.

the overwhelming sentiment should be "remember those who were killed". nothing less.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

rovert wrote: »

Most people I know where over it in a few months. None of us knew the person but we all knew the wrestler. Why remember the person instead in that case? That's been my stance since it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/the-rock-and-arnie-team-up-for-terminator-5-598154.html

Don't know if it has been covered. Hopefully not going to be pure fruity pebbles.

**** sake. I didn't think they could ruin the franchise any more following the piece of sh!t that was Terminator: Salvation. Now The Rock is going to sh!t all over it. It should be made law that a film cannot be more than a trilogy. The likes of Die Hard, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, and Terminator would remain pieces of movie art rather than just another excuse to make a few million.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

The worst part about making sequels is they round up all of the originals and burn them ;) You can always just not watch the movie!

My stance is that either a sequel's good, so it was worth making, or it wasn't, so it highlights how great the original was. A sequel gives the franchise's other films free advertising, and that's always good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Didn't Arnie ruin terminator with T3 anyway. They are hoping Rock can reinvigorate the franchise like he did The Fast and the Furious.
    Tbh I never even go to the Cinema anymore and cancelled my Sky Movie sub (I wish I still had just to ring them up & cancel it again with that utter rubbish Dark Shadows film, I just don't get that or Tim Burtons appeal nowdays) so they can do what they like they have destroyed bigger franchises in the last 10-15 years anyway (Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Indy Jones, Die Hard, Transformers & the Pirates of the Carribean). Wait for these vidya game ones to happen and it'll kill them as bad as Capcom and the filums have expertly murdered the Resi franchise with ruthless ability to just plain suck.

T3 was still good. Not great but still decent enough to count. It was after that they really went downhill. Ideally, they'd have left it at two, but stopping after three would have been ok too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

jaykhunter wrote: »
    The worst part about making sequels is they round up all of the originals and burn them ;) You can always just not watch the movie!

My stance is that either a sequel's good, so it was worth making, or it wasn't, so it highlights how great the original was. A sequel gives the franchise's other films free advertising, and that's always good.

I saw the fourth installment of Die Hard, Terminator, and Indiana Jones but wish I hadn't. Haven't seen Die Hard 5 and not planning to either. John McClaine is long dead and since replaced with generic Bruce Willis character. I won't wanna see Terminator 5 but probably will just for the fact it's still Terminator and Arnie will be back. I certainly won't be paying to see it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Salvation is far better than T3.

It was the Sarah Connor Chronicles that ruined Terminator.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Oops. I must have stepped in to the movie thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

http://www.wackbag.com/threads/the-stupidity-of-wcw.80399/

Well worth a read if you have a few days. :pac:

Moneymaker wrote: »
    http://www.wackbag.com/threads/the-stupidity-of-wcw.80399/

Well worth a read if you have a few days. :pac:

Got a kick out of a lot of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

"• Goldberg was arrested in the storyline for assaulting Miss Elizabeth. He was scheduled to be in the main event and was arrested near the beginning of the show. Eventually he was released but the question was, would he make it back in time? The trouble was that earlier in the show it had been revealed that the police station was just accross the road from the arena. Somehow, Goldberg did not make the 30-second walk back to the arena in time."

This is my favourite -

Booker T and Big T (Ahmed Johnson) feuded over who owned the rights to the letter "T"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

good thing Mr T didnt get involved, they'd have both met his friend PAAAAIN!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

If even half of those are true it's a miracle WCW lasted as long as it did.

Imagine what that locker room must have been like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Those dubya see dubya story's are class

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Most people I know where over it in a few months. None of us knew the person but we all knew the wrestler. Why remember the person instead in that case? That's been my stance since it happened.

Nah **** him,so what if he was good at fake fighting? Dude killed his child and his wife, depravity and evil like that shall never be forgotten or most importantly forgiven.

I hope he is burning in hell somewhere. :mad:

ROH has listened to your complaints and has CANCELLED doing iPPVs.

RING OF HONOR CEASING LIVE iPPVS
    by Mike Johnson @ 5:35 PM on 6/24/2013

After the issues with their most recent iPPV event over the weekend, Ring of Honor has made the decision to discontinue all iPPV broadcasts live and will instead present them as VOD offerings the day after the live event.

The official statement from ROH issued to PWInsider.com reads as follows:

"This past weekend at "Best in the World" in Baltimore, MD , Ring of Honor proved once again from top to bottom why our talent is truly the best in wrestling today. Unfortunately, there were some issues with the live iPPV stream that wound up distracting from the energy and action in ring. For this, we sincerely apologize to all fans that encountered problems.

Because of how much we value the support of our fans, and understand the imperfections of the live streaming technology, "Best in the World" will be the last iPPV stream that we will be broadcasting live. All future main event shows will now be offered as a Video On Demand, which will allow Ring of Honor to present a flawless show and truly depict the excellence of our product.

From now on, fans can watch ROH Wrestling on TV, VOD, or DVD, however there is still nothing like seeing Ring of Honor in person. We thank you for your continued support and are excited to be moving forward.

Ring of Honor Wrestling"

Ring of Honor popularized the iPPV craze within independent pro wrestling with their 2009 Final Battle event.

Boo!

Is that story about the Briscoes a work or what?

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    Is that story about the Briscoes a work or what?

Haven't investigated. But it is probably true.

As is annual tradition Davey Richards said he not renewing with ROH.

Haven't listened to this yet. But Jim reverts to type and buries the company he leaves:
    Jim Cornette's in on Mike Johnson's show today. Its quite something. He's doing his post-firing burial like he did with WWE and TNA. He goes off on Austin Aries, calling him a miserable mother****er, he has a go at Kenny King saying he should never have trusted him, he goes off on the ROH fanbase saying they dont have any patience, he says Mike Hogwood and Dave Parzak were the worst announce team he's ever heard. He's ripping on their iPPVs, he goes off on the venues they booked. All of this by starting the interview by saying "I'm not going to knock Ring Of Honor". And I've only listened to the first 20 minutes.

:p

In non-ROH news Alex Riley seems to have replaced Matt Striker on Superstars.

Davey Richards is leaving to become what now an astronaut, a kerry hurler or maybe a horse dentist?
    Where will the Briscoes go though WWE wouldn't touch them i'd say after the recent homophobic comment, I just can't see them in Tna (tbh they do need some fresh blood). Would NJ go for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

GTR63 wrote: »
    Davey Richards is leaving to become what now an astronaut, a kerry hurler or maybe a horse dentist?
    He's actually a trained Paramedic and i think is training to become a firefighter.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Copying Scotty then.

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    He's actually a trained Paramedic and i think is training to become a firefighter.

I bet Paul London would of appreciated some care after that double stomp :o

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Nah **** him,so what if he was good at fake fighting? Dude killed his child and his wife, depravity and evil like that shall never be forgotten or most importantly forgiven.

I hope he is burning in hell somewhere. :mad:

Checking..... checking..... checking..... Nope. Nothing to do with Benoit the wrestler. For me, I dont give a fcuk what a wrestler does in their private life. I dont know them that way. I know them as a wrestler. If an actor did something similar, would you hate the characters they played? No. Perfect example being OJ Simpson in the Naked Gun. Whats the difference unless you knew him personally?

I choose to remember Chris Benoit the wrestler. The one I knew. Not Chris Benoit the person. The one I never knew.
    BohsJohnny wrote: »

That's been the case for years now. A less interesting version of the yearly Sting saga.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I choose to remember Chris Benoit the wrestler. The one I knew. Not Chris Benoit the person. The one I never knew.

I personally agree, but this is already a circular debate. Either people can separate them, or they can't : everyone's made their minds up dealing with the Benoit Tragedy, so there's no point in discussing or explaining reasoning. It just leads to people being annoyed with each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

The Summerslam poster......oh dear!

summerslam2013_zps9c58663e.jpg

Seriously?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Jaysus, they couldn't even get 7 of them together for some new photos just for the poster? It's always so horribly obvious when they just photoshop in whatever they have lying around.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement