Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Ya have to remember the theme he is using now is costing them.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ride of the Valkyries is public domain, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I'd say they would have got it by now. My call is it's probably too cheesey for WWE. Ya have to remember the theme he is using now is costing them.

I think Daniel Bryan could negotiate a deal for it if he wanted to - not sure about his contract situation but doubt they have signed him for 10 years or anything? Punk can do it because they need him as much as he needs them. I think Daniel Bryan is in a similar situation now.

Perhaps even more so, because kids are more into Bryan than they were Punk.

He's obviously not as rebellious as Punk so maybe it's not in his nature.

Bryan's, Sandow's and Flair's themes are free for all. Not sure they would have ever been copyrighted.

'Love me Do' by The Beatles recently became public domain as it passed the 50 year mark. I think they have changed the copyright laws recently (surprise surprise) to 70 years, so most 60's music won't become public domain until the 2030's..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I think Daniel Bryan could negotiate a deal for it if he wanted to - not sure about his contract situation but doubt they have signed him for 10 years or anything? Punk can do it because they need him as much as he needs them. I think Daniel Bryan is in a similar situation now.

Perhaps even more so, because kids are more into Bryan than they were Punk.

He's obviously not as rebellious as Punk so maybe it's not in his nature.

Bryan's, Sandow's and Flair's themes are free for all. Not sure they would have ever been copyrighted.

'Love me Do' by The Beatles recently became public domain as it passed the 50 year mark. I think they have changed the copyright laws recently (surprise surprise) to 70 years, so most 60's music won't become public domain until the 2030's..

Imagine the Prime Time Players using this...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Omackeral wrote: »
    Imagine the Prime Time Players using this...

Millions of dollars right there! Millions!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

An article with the dancer. Her REAL NAME revealed:
    http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130615/LIFE/130619430/1031

Worth the read. Real person parachuted into the unreal world of Wrestling type deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

She'll always be classy dancer lady to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

And Fannydango to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

rovert wrote: »
    An article with the dancer. Her REAL NAME revealed:
    http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130615/LIFE/130619430/1031

Worth the read. Real person parachuted into the unreal world of Wrestling type deal.

certain amount of exaggeration about Fandango haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Good story,pitty they went with the stereotypical blonde over her though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

You mean an actual wrestler.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's a pity they went with the good one who showed up every week? :confused:

The First Lady is currently visiting Ireland:

nwkhuq.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

nwkhuq.gif

Somebody tell her we're a City ffs! :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Somebody tell her we're a City ffs! :p
    More like a village by american standards to be fair :p

Last night Mark Henry posted the following on Twitter.
    "Whether you loved or hated me in my career.I was all ways there for you.i appreciate u all. Good or bad I will live forever with u the fans." He later added, "#raw #wwe I have spoke to my family and hope to talk to all of you fans tomorrow live from Grand Rapids. Guys Father Time is undefeated."

He also tweeted a bunch of former WWE writers via Twitter.

Massive swerve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Massive swerve?
    Hardly a retirement angle

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Hardly a retirement angle

What do you mean?

An actual retirement?

What do you mean?

An actual retirement?

Ya.

Helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

nwkhuq.gif
    she wouldn't be saying that if she went up to templars hall or ballybeg on a college night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Massive swerve?

Read that late last night and hoped he wasn't going to pull another Benoit.

Be crap if he's actually retiring,enjoyed his work tremendously over the last year or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Nody wrote: »
    More like a village by american standards to be fair :p

Very true!

I actually ended up seeing her earlier after I posted earlier. She was down outside the Waterford Crystal visitor centre. Couldn't miss her to be fair, she stuck out like a glam thumb in the middle of a large group of standard-looking American tourists. I was stuck in traffic in the car so didn't want to be one of those people shouting out the window and then crawling past at 2mph. :p

Helpful.

I ment I hardly think hes retiren for real!i was typing in a rush and realise now it wasn't very clear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Sandow on
    RVD
    return:
    DAMIEN SANDOW: I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

xpletiv wrote: »
    Sandow on
    RVD
    return:

Classic. Sandow deserves way more air time.

Is "he" returning still a spoiler?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

I'll use the disclaimer of the thread title of 'possible spoilers' to cover it... only to be offending the NO CHAT rule...

Anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

There was a very funny segment on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, (currently being hosted by John Oliver, who was actually mentioned on commentary on Raw this week), featuring Zeb/Cesaro, Mick Foley and the immigration debate. Not sure if it's anywhere online legally, but if you get the chance. Have a look.

• Advertisement

PWInsider
    As noted before, Daniel Bryan legitimately suffered a stinger in his match against Randy Orton on last night's RAW. WWE officials stopped the match because of this.

The planned finish had Bryan defeating Orton to help set up Bryan's main event run this summer.

We also noted how WWE's website aired a video of Triple H explaining that Bryan confronted him about the decision to stop the match but they both apologized to each other. This was also a shoot.

When Bryan returned to the back, he was "irate" and complained to Triple H that the match should not have been stopped. They got into a loud argument in the gorilla position backstage with a lot of people looking on. People were shocked because Bryan is usually soft spoken and good natured, plus he was standing up to Triple h of all people.

Bryan complained that he's worked all over the world, worked hurt and knows when he can go and when he can't. Triple H argued that they were protecting him and they don't want anyone working hurt. Both men did apologize to each other.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement