Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Clemantis wrote: »
    Even though they were awesome, not even Laycool could make Kaval seem entertaining. I'll never understand how someone who pretends to fight for a living can take everything so seriously.

I agree with you. Although Puro values are extremely different, where it's still treated as a sport by itself, the public (& newspapers), with a sharp view on in-ring wrestling and respect, rather than extreme focus on colourful characters and soap-opera storylines in WWE. Low Ki (like Davey Richards and other dedicated indy wrestlers) are extremely serious about their craft and treat it as such. I'm very saddened that he threw a strop while in WWE and left because it wasn't materialising fast enough. He's incredible in-ring and if even half of that got showcased in WWE he'd be a popular mid-card act and make more money than he ever did elsewhere. I'm not saying he should be Kevin Nash or Hogan and bleed the business while giving the absolute minimum, but his views on wrestling don't jive with what modern-day western wrestling is...they're so extreme it's actually incompatible with WWE, the biggest/most successful wrestling company in the world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Jim Ross tweeted that Matt Borne passed away. Most would remember him as the sublime first Doink The Clown.
    MATT 'BORNE' OSBOURNE, THE ORIGINAL DOINK THE CLOWN, PASSES AWAY
    by Mike Johnson @ 1:44 PM on 6/28/2013

Matt Osbourne, better known as "Maniac" Matt Borne, Big Josh and the original Doink the Clown in the WWF, has passed away.
    Details on his passing are still developing. PWInsider.com can confirmed Osbourne was found this morning in Texas, where he had been staying of late, by his girlfriend. Osbourne would have turned 57 next month.

A second generation star, Osbourne was the son of "Tough" Tony Borne, a star who challenged for the NWA World title during his career and was most prominently known in the Pacific Northwest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Just seen that myself. Was curious about his last Doink (WWE) appearance, turns out it was the 15th anniversary a few years back, much more recent than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

rovert wrote: »
    Jim Ross tweeted that Matt Borne passed away. Most would remember him as the sublime first Doink The Clown.

One of the top comments.
    They could of used this guy like the Joker. He would of been great in a rivalry against Cena . It would of been fun to see this guy annoy the hell out of Cena. They should resurrect this gimmick.

6PfgRe.jpg

They did. He is called Dean Ambrose.

• Advertisement

WWE announced today that Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan were fined by the promotion for using chairshots to the head during their Streetfight on Monday.
    WWE did not disclose the amount of the fines. The company has outlawed planned shots to the head as a way to battle concussions.

WWE fined Triple H and Undertaker for a similar offense at Wrestlemania 27.

Poor auld Rob Van Dam. Doubt will be seeing any of this lark:
    rob-van-dam_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

http://the2count.com/?p=765

People were talking about Benoit the last few days; this is an amazing interview with Nancy's sister; with her own theory on what happened.

One quote that stood out for me.
    You know, evidence showed that on the Sunday before he committed suicide, he was booking flights to get to the show he was scheduled to appear on in Beaumont, Texas. This shows that there was a moment, however brief, that he thought he could get away with it. I don’t believe in the brain damage theory. He killed 2 people and believed he could go wrestle.

Also, I always had this impression that they called Heyman a liar so much on tv because somehow there is some truth to it; so was nice to read this:
    She had once told me: “If anything ever happens, go to Paul. He’s one of the very few you can trust”. In spite of the image he portrays on television, Nancy was right. He is one of the very few trustworthy people around the business.

I often wondered what would have happened if Benoit was found before he killed himself. It would be interesting how he would have tried to explain his actions.

The thinking about attending WWE tapings thing was reported before in the Observer during all the fallout. There's so many grizzly things reported by Dave it is hard to remember and honestly I think I blanked a lot out as a coping mechanism I guess.

The thing that sticks with me was that his internet records showed he googled some character from the Bible who had the power to raise the dead seemingly in an attempt to do the same with Daniel.

Even thinking about attempting to put yourself in his head is really inadvisable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Source

In his latest “Art of Wrestling” podcast, Colt Cabana addressed the recent rumors of a potential move to WWE as an announcer:

“Something was reported about myself this week about myself and a position in the world of professional wrestling. And, I will just say this. This podcast is probably the best thing I have ever done for myself in wrestling” For my own sanity, this is what has made me happy… This has allowed me to find people who enjoy what I do. So, I have to protect myself no matter what comes and I have to be smart about what I’m going to do in the future.”

Cabana continued:

“Yes, big corporate wrestling machines have reached out to me and inquired about my services, but it’s not just them, other big corporate wrestling machines have also reached out to me. And every time I think about what happened before and how I’m doing now, I keep that in consideration and the realization of my sanity and how much I enjoy it. This is what I love to do. And, I don’t plan on stopping this any time.
    “So, take that how ever you want it. Just know that I am a podcaster, I’m proud to be a podcaster, and in the foreseeable future, I see myself as a podcaster. Was that cryptic? Was that weird? Listen, I ain’t quitting this podcast for nothing. You get it? Good.”

Sounds to me like Colt got no offers tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Sounds to me like Colt got no offers tbh.

Punk tried his best ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Colt would be fair annoying on commentary on SD or Raw,would probably be good on the kids show though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

rovert wrote: »
    Poor auld Rob Van Dam. Doubt will be seeing any of this lark:
    rob-van-dam_2.jpg

Cena no selling again :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Loughc wrote: »
    Cena no selling again :-P

The Crowd at that PPV were unreal!
    If Cena Wins We Riot banner was MENTAL!I reckon there would have been war!

Sad news for those who know of him but as rumoured:

zvq14.jpg

If anyone deserved a job with WWE for being sound, deadly and the best Wrestling fan ever it was Rob.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Just on the Colt Cobana thing? Do podcastors make any money doing that? I always thought it was a voluntary thing or something. Sounds to me that Colt gets paid for it. Otherwise, why would he keep doing the podcast if he was offered to be brought to WWE or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Just on the Colt Cobana thing? Do podcastors make any money doing that? I always thought it was a voluntary thing or something. Sounds to me that Colt gets paid for it. Otherwise, why would he keep doing the podcast if he was offered to be brought to WWE or something?

He's not paid to do it as such but he does get money from his sponsors for the mentions on the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

He's not paid to do it as such but he does get money from his sponsors for the mentions on the show.

Plus he advertises his merch and website on there.

Fairly blatant if you listen to the show.

The hashtag #thankyounaylor trended worldwide last night after CM Punk and others first Tweeted it. Really was one of the most overwhelming things ever. Every single one of the NXT roster and staff posting the nicest messages and photos amid all the madness. Wherever he is going I don't think he will be stuck for reference that's for damn sure.

Definitively King for the day:

BN-S7ecCAAMWs2o.jpg
    538a6f9ce12d11e2af2c22000a1f9069_7.jpg

What was his role?

And was he sacked or did he leave of his own accord?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

http://www.diva-dirt.com/2013/06/30/nxt-divas-facing-sexual-harassment-from-trainer/

sounds like Bill DeMott is up to his old tricks again

brileytweets.jpg

Why this guy still has a job is beyond me

• Advertisement

What was his role?

NXT Creative Director. Worked under Dusty Rhodes, helped produce TV especially backstage stuff and a zillion other things.
    And was he sacked or did he leave of his own accord?

Essentially was made redundant due to NXT moving from Florida to Orlando.

Left on the greatest of terms and WWE did try to find a role for him in the main company. Wouldn't be shocking if he got rehired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Ah they hire/fire guys on the creative team so often he'll surely get a look eventually.
    DeMott seems to be an utter creep, seen him as a talking head on the NWO dvd and it came across as an arrogant twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,859 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I recognize Paige, Bayley and Emma. Who are the other 3? Looks like Kelly in the bottom left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

You should all listen to Naylor on Joe vs the World. Easily the best wrestling podcast ever. The funniest person ever associated in any way with wrestling IMO.

You should all listen to Naylor on Joe vs the World. Easily the best wrestling podcast ever. The funniest person ever associated in any way with wrestling IMO.

His positively and enthusiasm when talking/writing about pro wrestling have gotten me back interested in PW on more than one occasion that I've kinda stopped caring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Yep. Himself and the Dr. Keith/Mike Sempervive guys over on F4W had me watching all sorts of weird wrestling as a young lad. Probably would have been enough evidence if discovered to out me as a gay :pac:

His positively and enthusiasm when talking/writing about pro wrestling have gotten me back interested in PW on more than one occasion that I've kinda stopped caring.

Officially have gone from sad to sickened by Naylor:

2i0zqk1.jpg
    3523rxe.jpg
    2lldkxz.jpg

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Rare to see someone universally like in the Wrestling business.

Fair play to him. I'm sure he'll be back.

Its like the non wrestler version of D Bryan briefly getting fired a few years back for choking someone with his tie - kinda had to be done but you knew he was too good and well thought of for it to last too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,133 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Meltzer has today said that WWE have 2 possible plans for Brock Lesnar for Wrestlemania.
    Rock or Undertaker.

I'd fear that Brock would literally break one of them, especially Undertaker.

FWIW, while Brock/Taker would draw, how epic would it have been if Brock went into it undefeated?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement