Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

57 million fans in the US?!

That's why they struggle to attract 4 million viewers for their flagship TV show every week and why buy rates have dropped off the face of a cliff then so.

Makes sense!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

caspa307 wrote: »
    WOW what a team, i have no idea what its for though???

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81213328&postcount=3725

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

WWE is saddened to learn of the passing of Brad Armstrong, 51, one of four sons of “Bullet” Bob Armstrong.

RIP to a damn fine hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Is he the one that was a referee fairly recently? No idea if he still was.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think it's his brother Scott was the ref.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

rovert wrote: »
    RIP to a damn fine hand.

That is awful RIP

Tonnes of people say it but if you combined Brad's in ring with his brother's Road Dogg's charisma he'd probably be a perennial main eventer.

He did commentary on WWE ECW a handful of times IIRC.

He did commentary on WWE ECW a handful of times IIRC.

Yep. Good write up here: http://www.cagesideseats.com/2012/11/1/3586674/breaking-news-wwe-com-announces-that-former-wcw-wrestler-brad

Major WWE plot point:
    WWE is doing a storyline where sometime today, Brad Maddox's lawyer will issue a statement regarding what went down when Brad met with THE WWE BOARD OF INQUIRY this morning. The website notes that he is suspended. Yes, he blatantly low-blowed a competitor in the main event of a WWE PPV and the decision was made to merely suspend him and then perform an inquiry.

Really enjoyed the the Orton/Rey/Sin Cara vs Alberto & Prime Time Player. Orton is super over, nice extended heel work and a satisfying finish.

WWE are doing Sheamus vs Wade Barrett on the UK WWE Main Event taping. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I wonder will Barrett be the face for that Main Event match against Sheamus?

I thought this is funny:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2012/10/31/3492230/juventus-are-like-wwe-champion-cm-punk-miccoli?source=breakingnews
    "CM Punk, the WWE Champion for 344 days, is like Juve, as they are both strong and because they are great fighters," he told Tuttosport.

"They also take advantage of all little situations. For example, on Sunday [at a 'Hell In A Cell' event], he kept the title because the referee gave a 'low blow' to the opponent. You know, everything happens in wrestling.

Given Juve also got referees to help win titles a couple of years ago (resulting in relegation to Serie B) the connection is certainly apt.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zack Ryder and Santino will be on Sunday Brunch (Ch4) this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Penn wrote: »
    Zack Ryder and Santino will be on Sunday Brunch (Ch4) this morning

I hope to god they break character.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CMpunked wrote: »
    I hope to god they break character.

Santino didn't. They asked him why he became a wrestler, and he told the "Milan Miracle" story :rolleyes: Was one of those interviews where the guys asking questions obviously didn't have a clue about wrestling...

The Mirror is teasing The Rock for I am a Celeb or going by one theory elsewhere they confused him with
    Dwayne 'Dog the Bounty Hunter' Chapman:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/im-a-celebrity-2012-line-up-revealed-1416112

I don't think he is a Pantomine-bait celebrity just yet so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Can't see Rocky doing that,doesn't need the money or the press.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Mirror is teasing The Rock for I am a Celeb or going by one theory elsewhere they confused him with
    Dwayne 'Dog the Bounty Hunter' Chapman:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/im-a-celebrity-2012-line-up-revealed-1416112

I don't think he is a Pantomine-bait celebrity just yet so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

the-rock-as-the-hulk.jpg

Is that why he is going green so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I will lose an incredible amount of respect for him if he appears on that Z-list, washed up reality crap.

I legit popped The Rock, brothers:

23k8qq.png
    https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/265291489398124544

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Knew he wasn't doing it the way they dropped his name in was a pure give away. Cool that he responded to Rovert cause I noticed he have that move in WWE 13.

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    Knew he wasn't doing it the way they dropped his name in was a pure give away. Cool that he responded to Rovert cause I noticed he have that move in WWE 13.

Not a spolier but a lot is being made of Vince flying to England the Eve of the election as him having no confidence in Linda's candidacy.

What is a spolier is
    having a crisis of confidence in Survivor Series card and changing it in major way which may be a show of vulnerability ahead of the election.

WWE.com has learned that after Raw last night in Birmingham, England, Sheamus, William Regal and World Heavyweight Champion Big Show were involved in a pub fight. The status of the three Superstars is unclear at this time, and it remains to be seen how this will affect tonight's SuperSmackDown LIVE, at 8/7 CT on Syfy.

Continue checking back on WWE.com as more details come to light on this developing story.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/2012-11-06/sheamus-regal-and-big-show-in-pub-fight

"Get outta my pub!"

• Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I heard it was Skeeter and his friends.He didnt take kindly to wrestlers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Are we gonna get to see a brawl that was pre-recorded on the show tonight then, d'ye think?

Scott Steiner filed a new lawsuit against TNA for allowing Jeff Hardy to wrestle under the influence of alcohol and possibly drugs. Steiner claims he suffered nerve damage in his shoulder as a result of Hardy's "reckless, drunken wrestling," according to NashvilleCityPaper.com. Steiner is seeking $750,000 in damages, including the loss of consortium for his wife.

No more howling at the moon for Mrs.Big Poppa Pump.

Are we gonna get to see a brawl that was pre-recorded on the show tonight then, d'ye think?

Like Punk having Fish & Chips?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

not-sure-if-true-or-lie.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

With Brad Maddox now in the spotlight, WWE.com did some digging and uncovered Ohio Valley Wrestling (OVW) footage of the rogue ref’s encounter with Ryback from back in 2008.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2012-11-05/maddox-vs-ryback-video-footage-26066135

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Like Punk having Fish & Chips?
    Exactly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement