Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Punk plays a funny prank at a cinema screening of his DVD:
    The free screening was sold out with over 1,000 fans, some of whom were let in to stand in the back of the theater.

CM Punk arrived with Amy Dumas, Colt Cabana, and Cliff Compton. WWE had a camera crew on hand to film everything.

Marty DeRose of $5 Wrestling was the host of the evening and spoke for several minutes, before bringing out Dumas. Dumas spoke to the crowd and brought out Compton, who cut a promo about Punk and then brought out Colt Cabana. Cabana then introduced Punk to a huge standing ovation.

Punk thanked everyone for coming and they began to play the film, only it was the most recent Triple H WWE Studios film. The crowd booed that, which was a joke. Punk "apologized for the mistake" and they began playing the documentary.

After the screening, Punk and his friends handed out cookies and milk to the audience, a nod to something Andy Kaufman did after his Carnegie Hall performance.

There was a Q&A as well, so if anyone there would like to send along a recap, please feel free.

Additional Notes: Punk's family was in attendance at the screening....Punk had pizza from Dimo's Pizza, which does the Punk inspired dishes, sent to fans waiting on line over the course of the day....Fans began lining up for the screening at 10 AM yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭Riddle101

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Not really, Test was released while injured. An injury doesn't mean youre safe.

Agreed, and considering Curt's status on the roster I wouldn't doubt WWE will release him eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Not a very "Heelish" thing to do! Good on him he may be known for his airport rants with fans but when it comes down to it he's not really that bad!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Not really, Test was released while injured. An injury doesn't mean youre safe.

I think he's safe enough at the moment with the whole Linda campaign. Firing an employee who was hurt on the job would look horrible for them...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Has he even been seen on T.V since Tyler Reks left the company there a little while back?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Tensai's brother? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

rovert wrote: »
    Speaking of XXX Gawker got a copy of Hulk Hogan's sex tape and review:
    http://gawker.com/5948770/even-for-a-minute-watching-hulk-hogan-have-sex-in-a-canopy-bed-is-not-safe-for-work-but-watch-it-anyway

Nothing super graphic but NSFW obviously.

Just seen this, hogan stopping a blowjob to take a call from Nick with a Brooke ringtone is just pro wrestling at its scuzziest.

Ha ha. I didn't realise that was his daughter's song. Classic. The man never ceases to amaze!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Removed a number of posts to their proper threads. If you want to chat about a topic, make a new thread!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=528647653828039&set=a.368244636535009.108068.115229685169840&type=1
    This Sunday's Fight Factory Fallout Show will feature the long awaited return to the ring of Ireland's original Femme Fatale and international wrestling sensation Rebecca Knox. Who's excited?

One of the best/most promising young wrestlers ever IMO. I know a lot of people in the UK and US who think the same.

• Advertisement

http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/09/tammy-sytch-arrested-4th-time-domestic-violence/
    Former WWE Diva Tammy Sytch -- who wrestled under the name Sunny -- was arrested in Connecticut yesterday ... her FOURTH arrest in FOUR WEEKS.

TMZ has learned ... Sytch was busted in Branford, CT after an alleged domestic dispute with her ex-boyfriend. Cops determined Tammy had violated a restraining order he had against her.

Sytch was arrested on charges of violating a protective order, disorderly conduct and criminal mischief.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... Sytch -- who has struggled with substance abuse in the past -- appeared to be intoxicated during the arrest.

Sytch is currently being held on a 25k bond and will be arraigned this morning.

We broke the story ... Sytch was popped 3 times in 3 days back in September ... each arrest for "crimes related to domestic violence."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/09/tammy-sytch-arrested-4th-time-domestic-violence/#ixzz28oPpqkam

In other news her new shoot ships today:

Hmm, perhaps one day she will come and live sober with me beside the sea. If only.......

TMZ breaking more news:
    http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/09/hulk-hogan-s...er-clem-retire

http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/09/hulk-hogan-tmz-live-sex-tape-bubba-the-love-sponge

Essentially Bubba the Love Sponge pimped out his wife and secretly recorded the Hulk Hogan sex tape. Bubba appears at the very end of the sex tape, after Hogan had left the room, and told Heather, "If we ever did want to retire, all we'd have to do is use this footage."

Hogan betrayed by another friend:
    6961801890_4e79a2e414_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

More interesting than TNA is atm anyway.

(I don't actually watch TNA, I just see people complaining.)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

rovert wrote: »

Links dead baby, links dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,907 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

More interesting than TNA is atm anyway.

(I don't actually watch TNA, I just see people complaining.)

If you don't watch something, how can you make that statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Headshot wrote: »

Was trying to make a joke about jumping on the bandwagon....maybe I should've made it clearer...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Headshot wrote: »

In that case, go watch every one of Uwe Boll's films to make sure one isn't the greatest cinematic masterpiece of all time. How else would you know?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Some mental stuff in the observer today. Fascinating insight into what goes on backstage in WWE.
    “The stress of three hours has finally hit Vince,” one person told us Monday afternoon following an epic blow-up
    by McMahon at Raw in Sacramento.
    “The entire weekend was a pressure cooker that imploded on the flight over to the West Coast last night,” said another source close to the situation Monday. Vince had been in a bad mood for several weeks, particularly the week
    prior at Raw. According to a report by Mike Johnson at PWInsider, Vince was particularly upset after an unnamed top star confronted him recently and told him that the writing of the shows sucked and something needed to be done
    about it before it was too late."

This made me laugh about Gewirtz:
    It was said that over the past year he only showed up in the Stamford offices three or four days per week, which got him heat from others, and was described as having a “they need me more than I need them” opinion of himself over the past year.

Looks like that didn't work out for him!
    “The reality is Brian isn’t the real issue or even a bandaid,” said a source. “Stephanie has run this dysfunctionally toxic division for the entire duration of its ratings decline. Her horrendous structure from the committee
    dynamic to who she fast-tracks and how rigidly the shows
    are structured are why this product isn’t gangbusters. Plus,
    three hours is a [disaster].”
    Raw was going head-to-head with both Monday Night Football and a Yankees postseason baseball game. Vince had someone in the back watching both football and baseball to keep him abreast of when the best time to come out would be. He did the same thing in the ‘90s, assigning someone to watch Nitro so he could determine when to do certain things on Raw (during Nitro commercial breaks, down segments, etc.). The baseball game ended up having a rain delay shortly after Raw started, so they did an impromptu audible and had Vince come out earlier than intended.
    In a very unfortunate and frankly quite amazing coincidence, WWE announced that they were returning to the same building for a Smackdown taping on January 22nd. The TicketMaster password? “SMACKFAN.”

• Advertisement

Dave later said on the forum it wasn't a top star it was a "Nelson." Which seems to be Jamie Nielsen in Live Event Marketing a division that WWE fired a bunch of long, long, long term employees from as house shows aren't drawing. I'll let you draw your own conclusion whether WWE shows are poorly promoted or that their product/stars aren't over. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

In a very unfortunate and frankly quite amazing coincidence, WWE announced that they were returning to the same building for a Smackdown taping on January 22nd. The TicketMaster password? “SMACKFAN.”
    KennyKola-CMPunkLaughGIF.gif

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_65861.shtml

When the bill came due on a lack of top stars to fill in for John Cena last Monday - resulting in an alarming 2.5 Raw TV rating - WWE head Vince McMahon returned to TV this week, and put himself in the TV main event opposite top heel C.M. Punk.

It appears bringing back part-time/Attitude Era stars will be the formula going forward the next six months heading to WrestleMania as WWE tries to stop the bleeding on a thin talent roster over-exposed three hours at a time on Monday nights.

The Undertaker is one of those part-time stars who could be called upon to appear in the Royal Rumble match, reports the Wrestling Observer Newsletter at F4WOnline.com this week. Undertaker is penciled in for a WrestleMania 29 match, but he could be back for the Rumble in January.

The Rock is already scheduled for the Rumble to challenge the WWE champion (likely C.M. Punk barring a change in direction). However, at a time of desperation opposite Monday Night Football, WWE is at least considering bringing back Rock this fall. According to the Observer, there was internal discussion about bringing Rock back "in the next few weeks" to boost TV ratings, but it's unclear if that will occur. Rock's movie schedule would be a key determinant, but it would fit the formula of foregoing the long-term to keep Raw above water this fall.

One former top star unlikely to wrestle, but potentially be involved in a TV angle is "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, whose name has been tossed around by Punk in recent promos. The goal is to promote the "WWE '13" video game, where Austin and Punk are central figures in the marketing, but could also lead to Austin somehow involved in a TV angle despite the condition of his knee, which was recently surgically repaired.

Overall, Vince McMahon is simply trying to keep the three-hour Raws going heading into Mania. WWE's priority is clearly short-term fixes - such as McMahon in a TV main event - over long-term planning, which is what got WWE into this situation by trying to fill holes every year and ignoring the warning signs that top stars needed to be built up in the event that John Cena went down, even for a few weeks or months.

Moar band aids:
    250px-Sparadrap_2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Am I the only one who thinks the roster is big enough its just that they haven't created a star in what feels like forever. I am a man who likes the nostalgia but do they think bringing Rock, Austin and Taker is going to help them even in the medium long term. They are trying their best to make Punk a star but he has already been a 5x world champ and I am sceptical that he can be much bigger than he is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,142 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

GTR63 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks the roster is big enough its just that they haven't created a star in what feels like forever. I am a man who likes the nostalgia but do they think bringing Rock, Austin and Taker is going to help them even in the medium long term. They are trying their best to make Punk a star but he has already been a 5x world champ and I am sceptical that he can be much bigger than he is now.

Says it in the article above:

"over long-term planning, which is what got WWE into this situation by trying to fill holes every year and ignoring the warning signs that top stars needed to be built up in the event that John Cena went down, even for a few weeks or months."

They let Orton stagnate something awful - himself and Cena should be huge by now but Ortan has been the same for years.

I would say you could get brilliant results if you pulled the trigged and pushed hard behind the likes of Ziggler and Daniel Bryan

Cody Rhodes, Kingston, Bourne, The Miz, R-Truth and Wade Barret could all be used a lot better.

In saying that though, that is 1 more top level guy (only Cena and Punk are there at the moment imo), and a bunch of Upper-Mid-Card/Main Event type guys.

They really need a group of around 6-8 regular main eventers, 4 on each brand, with a good number of mid carders that can push up to the main event, credibly, over short to medium term stories, with an eye on a long term push.

They would need to go shopping for new talent, basically ready talent, to get things right in the next year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

For all the stick TNA get, they have probably close to ten guys who could main event and it wouldn't look out of place. They wouldn't all suit as the champion, but it's a much better situation than WWE are currently in. They have only three or four guys in that situation but they could all be champion if needed. After that however, it's random guys getting thrown in and hoping they catch on.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,853 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Tyson Kidd and Heath Slater need to at least get a big midcard push.

I'd love to see Michael McGillicutty on television more, aside from NXT. I think he's bein wasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the problem nowadays is (especially with the 3 hours) there's too many matches, so you have too many of the midcarders losing on a regular basis and never gaining that momentum to push them to main event status.
    what made the likes of the attitude era work is that they knew how to cut promos, and not just stupid little run-ins at the end of a squash match, proper 5-10 minute promos, but much better than the HHH/Cena snoozefests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I'd love to see Michael McGillicutty on television more, aside from NXT. I think he's bein wasted.

And so begins, the Genesis............. of MCGILLICUTTY.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement