Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Little boy has cancer and he really wants to meet Daniel Bryan...

Just a short time later...
    PITTSBURGH — A Shaler Township 6-year-old who is battling brain cancer hoped an online effort would help get him a chance to meet his personal hero, WWE star Daniel Bryan, and in just 48 hours his wish came true.
    Hundreds of people joined a Facebook group titled "Help Connor meet Daniel Bryan" just hours after the group was created earlier this week, and the numbers continue to climb.

Connor Michalek is battling medulloblastoma, cancer of the brain and spine. Connor's mother, Brittany Caligiuri, said her son was diagnosed in September 2009 at age 3. After his diagnosis, Caligiuri said her son underwent brain surgery, several other intensive surgeries, nine full rounds of chemotherapy and six full weeks of full spine and brain radiation.
    Caligiuri said Connor then got posterior fossa syndrome from a tumor resection surgery, which in turn forced him to have to learn how to smile, lift his head, talk and walk again.
    After six weeks of inpatient therapy at the Children's Institute and then continued outpatient therapy, Caligiuri said her son's cancer was stable until May 2011 when an MRI showed that the cancer returned to young Connor's spine.
    Connor's mom said his options are now limited because he's exceeded his lifetime amount of radiation to the brain and spine and he can't have surgery. Caligiuri said Connor's doctors gave him close to a 0 percent chance of surviving. Connor started a clinical trial of chemotherapy and has been undergoing treatments since May 2011.

Caligiuri said Bryan is Connor's hero, and it would bring so much joy to his life to meet him.
    "Daniel Bryan is [Connor's] absolute favorite. He thinks he is so funny and loves his catch phrase and wrestling moves. He would be ecstatic to meet him. No matter how sick Connor is feeling, he refuses to miss an episode of 'Raw' or 'Smackdown,'" Caligiuri said.
    Connor will be attending the WWE Raw event at Consol Energy Center on Dec. 18. After word of Connor's wish spread, several people stepped in to help.
    Morning radio show host, Bubba Snider of Star 100.7, who too wrestles made a phone call to Vince McMahon's attorney and Pittsburgh native Jerry McDevitt.
    Snider spoke to McDevitt who contacted McMahon about Connor personally. McMahon - the chairman of the WWE- told McDevitt that he will make sure that Connor gets the chance to meet Bryan, even if he has to take him backstage himself.

That's a nice story, hope the little kid gets well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭JoeSnow

Great story!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

J. Marston wrote: »
    Little boy has cancer and he really wants to meet Daniel Bryan...

Just a short time later...

That's a nice story, hope the little kid gets well.

Poor kid :(

I hope he gets to meet old goatface

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Probably means nothing to most here but I really like the concept for this year:

CiberneticoRises.jpg

The Cibernetico is CHIKARA's version of the Survivor Series with 8 vs 8 with an additional rule:
    The match is a 16-man elimination tag team match consisting of 2 teams of 8. It uses standard Lucha Libre tag-team rules with elimination occurring with a pinfall, submission, disqualification and count out. A special 'batting' system is also used in which the wrestlers are given a specific order and may only tag in and out in this order. If two or more men from the same team remain, they must face each other to determine one individual winner.

Anyway the captions are so great Eddie Kingston the CHIKARA Champion who breaths CHIKARA against a scumbag outsider in Kevin Steen. Kevin's indy persona is largely that of a loner so his picks have a lot intrigue for me. They tend to announce team member 1 or 2 at a time in interviews on their Youtube channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Riddle101 wrote: »
    And so begins, the Genesis............. of MCGILLICUTTY.
    I'm not sure what you mean. But I just think they are really missing out big with him. I mean, he could easily play the part that his father did. He'd work well if he had a manager maybe and was a heel who won cleanly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I'm not sure what you mean. But I just think they are really missing out big with him. I mean, he could easily play the part that his father did. He'd work well if he had a manager maybe and was a heel who won cleanly.

Please tell me you saw this masterpiece.

In hindsight, the whole thing was a botch and it started with McGuilicutty's Genesis of McGuilicutty promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'm not sure what exactly I was meant to be watching for there, except for him fumbling on the mic. But no, I never saw that. I was gone nomad from the WWF for a decade.

I'm not sure what exactly I was meant to be watching for there, except for him fumbling on the mic. But no, I never saw that. I was gone nomad from the WWF for a decade.

Here's a summary.
    1. McGuilicutty's promo was pretty crap

2. When the Nxt wrestlers are attacking Kaval and the WWE superstars run in to make the save the brawl is really messy and uncoordinated.

3. Titus O Neil no sells MVP's finisher

4. Husky Harris botches his finisher on Kaval when he fails to lift him

5. Alex Riley attacks Percy Watson and throws him out of the ring even though they are on the same side, later on Watson and Riley are in the ring together as if nothing happened.

6. The WWE superstars standing outside the ring just watching the the Nxt wrestlers continuing their attack on Kaval and not trying to help him anymore.

It was basically a clusterf*ck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

From WWE mag. Ryback interview.
    I just think people are misinformed. People see a big guy with a shaved head who's intense, and they draw those comparisons. I will say this: Goldberg did this for the money. He was never a fan of wrestling. I do this because I have a passion for it, and that's the biggest difference between Goldberg and me. I'm not here to make five million dollars and then walk away. I'm here for life. And, I firmly believe that I'm much better than he was in the ring. He was great, and I was a fan of his when I was younger. But, I feel I'm a better athlete and wrestler than Goldberg ever was, and people are going to see that over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Always liked Garza,hope he pulls through.
    Mexican star, Hector Garza known in North America for his time in Total Nonstop Action Wrestling during AAA's working agreement with the company has been diagnosed with pulmonary cancer (lung cancer). He is expected to go through six chemotherapy sessions which have forced him to take temporary retirement. Hector was apart of "Team Mexico" who were successful in winning the TNA 2004 America's X Cup Tournament which was the forerunner to the TNA 2004 World X Cup Tournament.

Garza, who has worked for WWF, WCW and TNA over the past 15 years, has been a main eventer almost since his pro debut in 1992 as a second generation star out of Monterrey. Over that period he headlined major shows for both CMLL and AAA, generally being one of top stars for either promotion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

FEED ME MORE.....CHAIRS!

TLCRybaCK_zps11513a1d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Video of the Daivari train incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Video of the Daivari train incident.

Lol at ya man pissing himself.

Daivari is lucky the cops didn't come and shoot him on sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Good guy Daivari :)

Expect a lot of terrible jokes about Mike coming up with idea for jokes:
    Michael Gossett, best known professionally as Mike Graham, the son of late Championship Wrestling from Florida promoter Eddie Graham, passed away today at the age of 62. We don't have details at this time beyond that he was in Daytona, Florida for Bike Week with his wife and was found deceased.
    Graham, a tremendously gifted in-ring performer from a technical standpoint, was trained by Hiro Matsuda, Boris Malenko and his father in the early 1970s and had a long run as a babyface in the Florida territory but made appearances for the WWF, AWA and other promotions as well. He had won just about every championship there was in the old Florida territory and had several stints as the AWA Light Heavyweight champion.

Graham closed out his regular in-ring career in the early 1990s for WCW before becoming a road agent for the company and was off and on with WCW as a trainer and producer until the company closed in 2001.

Graham was also involved in several start-up companies in the 1980s and 1990s, often trying to recapture the magic of the old Florida territory, most notably with PWF in Florida, which featured Dusty Rhodes returning to the State as its top star following his run as booker for Crockett Promotions, as well as talents like Dustin Rhodes, Big Steel Man (Fred "Typhoon" Ottman), and others. He was also involved in Rhodes' Turnbuckle Championship Wrestling and Jimmy Hart's XWF.

Graham, a staple in the Florida wrestling scene for his entire life, still appeared occasionally on legends events promoted by WrestleReunion and similar promotions and appeared on several of the early Legends of Wrestling roundtable discussion shows produced by WWE's 24/7 Video on Demand channel. He accepted his father's posthumous WWE Hall of Fame induction over Wrestlemania 24 weekend, showcasing a large photo he was giving WWE of an old NWA convention gathering of promoters.

Graham was also involved in the training of a number of talents who broke in during the 1980s and 1990s.

Graham maintained ownership of the tape library of his father's promotion and refused to sell to WWE until he got what he wanted to, often commenting and advising others that he wasn't going to let anyone back a truck up and take his family legacy away for nothing. In the end, he did sell the library with an alleged seven figure price-tag. At the World Wrestling Legends 6:05 Reunion PPV, where Graham wrestled, JJ Dillon quipped on the mic that he looked like someone who thought "he won a million dollars", a reference to the pricetag.

Our deepest condolences to the family, friends and fans of Mike Graham. We'll have more details as we receive them.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Unfortunately that wasn't the only wrestler death over the past 24 hours.
    Souce: PW Insider
    Marvin Lambert, who wrestled for Combat Zone Wrestling and IWA Mid-South, as well as other independent promotions as Brain Damage, passed away in the last day. We don't have much in the way of details other than it was self-inflicted, according to numerous people we've heard from.

Lambert was originally trained by Toby Klein and was from Cleveland, Ohio. He was a hell of a brawler and often competed in death matches. When he was in his best shape, there was something of a "Terminator" look to him and he came across like a beast you didn't want to mess with.

Lambert initially broke into the independent scene locally before branching out into Ian Rotten's IWA Mid-South. He moved onto CZW in 2005 and was in and out of the promotion until last year, holding the promotion's Iron Man and Ultraviolent Underground championships. In September 2007, he won the Tournament of Death - Fast Forward event.

Lambert showed a hell of a lot of promise as a talent and a personality, but then quietly disappeared from the scene. There were a lot of rumors that he was dealing with some personal issues but nothing concrete.
    To the best of my knowledge, Lambert's last match was in July 2011, defeating Matt Tremont for CZW.

Our deepest condolences to Lambert's friends and family during this horrible time.

I was always a fan of his, I remember a particularly stiff match between him and Necro Butcher at an IWA King of the Deathmatch tournament a few years back.

RIP.

Things look bleak for Linda's Senate hopes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'm not sure if a loss is a good thing or a bad thing. She likely wont just give up if she loses so we'll still be facing the same problems we have now as she tries third time lucky. Of course if she wins, it would probably only get worse for us too.

Why did she have to get involved in politics? :(

Manic Street Preachers want to write new theme music for Wade Barrett.
    Have you seen WWE Wrestler Wade Barrett's tattoo?
    "I've heard about Wade Barrett, yes. He's got a Culture, Alienation, Boredom And Despair tattoo hasn't he?"
    He certainly has. It's a beautiful tattoo but so incongruous.
    "Right well let's just put this out there - if you're listening Wade Barrett we will do your ****ing theme tune - just get in touch. That would be the ultimate Situationist, bizarrist spectacle wouldn't it? Us being played over the airwaves in some Enormodome in front of 20,000 mad Yanks in Colorado somewhere..."
    That's the definition of breaking America.
    "Guy Debord would be proud!"

http://news.qthemusic.com/2012/10/qa_manic_street_preachers_jame.html

Wade-Barrett-s-new-Tattoo-wade-barrett-27421551-480-640.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

rovert wrote: »
    Manic Street Preachers want to write new theme music for Wade Barrett.

I hope that has been tweeted to him 100 times over!

I hope that has been tweeted to him 100 times over!

It was it seems:

@WadeBarrett
    That last link was JDB from The Manic Street Preachers offering to record my theme song. Mind: Blown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

His character is not depressing enough for a MSP song.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Because all we ever get is "CM Punk is an ***" stories....
    CM Punk via Twitter - "So I'm riding down Southwest highway headed to Halloween fun and I spot a kid wearing an ugly bright yellow t-shirt, turns out its my new shirt, so I decide to scare/make his day. I whip around and talk for a bit and take a pic with him, because any kid with the balls to wear a wrestling shirt to school deserves special treatment. Represent! Where you at Eric?"

And the picture (not embedding cause it's big...)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6AKPTgCAAAxVZk.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Because all we ever get is "CM Punk is an ***" stories....

And the picture (not embedding cause it's big...)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6AKPTgCAAAxVZk.jpg:large

Fair play to him

Punk's Ma on the back of the bike

rovert wrote: »
    Punk's Ma on the back of the bike

Thought it was Lita. Or are you joking?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Horrible shirt alright

Sound of Punk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

great way to make your t-shirt sound good and sell more of them :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

WWE will be thrilled with that :pac:

The shirt is awful though. WWE go through them way too quickly, half of them end up being crap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement