Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Actually looking forward to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Generico in WWE would be something else. He deserves it more than just about anyone else but as rovert says he wouldn't tick a lot of their usual must-tick boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

How could you not be? Jake Roberts is one of the greatest performers in any form, ever..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Can't imagine WWE letting ElG use the Brainbustaaaaaaaaaaaah though

I'm sure they'd probably look at his successful character and make him play the opposite.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm sure they'd probably look at his successful character and make him play the opposite.
    No they give him a new version of "bland white guy with muscles" that is so popular with the public these days :rolleyes:.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Prince Devitt last week while on Irish radio explaining what he does essentially:
    http://media.phantom.ie/podcast/69155

Really good short interview. Don't blame him for not going to WWE yet at least given the schedule, how well New Japan treats him and apparently from this & other accounts he is fairly well paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

and if he actually enjoys wrestling and all, he probably doesn't want to spend a few of his prime years sitting around in FCW. Have to assume he'd be taking a fair sized pay cut while he's down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, three such wrestlers have been set return dates from injuries that have kept them out for a frustratingly long period of time (h/t Wrestling Inc).
    Per the report, "Mark Henry right now is scheduled to return at the end of 2012 after having shoulder surgery a few months back."
    The former Olympian Henry was last seen on our screens in mid-April, at which time it was hinted he may have been about to embark on a WWE Title run in a feud with champion CM Punk.
    Thankfully, it seems his Hall of Pain is coming to an end sooner rather than later.
    For high-flier Evan Bourne, a return has not been scheduled until "early spring," likely keeping him out past the 2013 Royal Rumble, and possibly WrestleMania XXIX too.
    Earlier this year, Bourne was suspended for 60 days for his second violation of the company's wellness policy, but compounded matters by breaking his foot in a car crash not long after his suspension had expired.
    Also per the report, "Christian is expected back in late November or early December after shoulder surgery."
    The underrated favourite of many in the WWE Universe, Christian is in all likelihood a future Hall of Famer for a list of career accomplishments that includes being a two-time former World Heavyweight champion and a nine-time former Tag Team champion.
    The 38-year-old was last seen in an episode of Smackdown in September this year with his arm in a sling.
    The report also mentions that "Hunico is scheduled to return at the end of January 2013 after surgery for a torn ACL."
    With some big names currently on the sidelines for the WWE, here's hoping they all make a speedy recovery.

and if he actually enjoys wrestling and all, he probably doesn't want to spend a few of his prime years sitting around in FCW. Have to assume he'd be taking a fair sized pay cut while he's down there.

Or he saw what WWE named his mate PAC:

ANeville.jpg

Doing a defensive midfielder gimmick I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Gary and Phil's runt brother. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Gary and Phil's runt more attractive brother. :pac:
    FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

well that's not exactly difficult Tinie

well that's not exactly difficult Tinie

ngbbs507f51e8d325b.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer

As previously reported, plans are to push Randy Orton heavily to the top of the card over the next six months. There is also talk of turning Orton heel, which is something he has wanted for some time. According to sources, not only has the heel turn been discussed, it could happen as soon as the Survivor Series PPV this Sunday night.

While there has been concern about turning Orton heel due to the fact that he’s been a top face for the SmackDown live events, it now appears that WWE officials realize a heel turn is probably the best use of Orton’s talents and will make Orton happy since he’s been asking for the heel turn. There is also the thought that WWE realizes Orton as a great heel could help develop a face and mold that talent into a potential big-ticket seller.

The word from backstage sources in WWE is that there are a lot of people in favor of The Miz turning face. Part of this is because there is a feeling that he has done all that he can do as a heel. There is also the feeling that his character needs a change and with the feeling that he’s one of the better talkers in the company, many think he has the potential to be a top face for years to come.

Miz had the starring role in The Marine: Homefront and will be starring in a Christmas movie titled Christmas Bounty, which means the company views him as a major name for them.

At this time, it’s rumored that The Miz vs. Antonio Cesaro is a possible top feud for 2013. As we’ve been reporting, WWE officials are also very high on Cesaro.

Cody Rhodes got hurt really bad on WWE Main Event.

During a fierce WWE Tag Team Title Match against Team Hell No on WWE Main Event Wednesday night, Cody Rhodes sustained an injury in the ring at the hands of the monstrous Kane.

While battling The Big Red Monster, the second generation competitor took a hard fall, resulting in what WWE’s Dr. Sampson characterized as a concussion and a strained shoulder. Sampson stated further tests would be done in the coming days.

With just days to go before Survivor Series, Rhodes’ status for the pay-per-view is now in question. It is not yet known whether Rhodes, a member of Team Ziggler, will be able to compete in the Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team Match against Team Foley.

Stay tuned to WWE.com for the very latest on Rhodes’ injury and status.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Looked like he didn't get enough momentum to rotate properly. Lucky his shoulder took the brunt and not his neck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

536586_10151290850013534_2146612055_n.jpg
    With our friends and huge backers for kids in Bermuda, Digicel's Wayne Caines and Shane McDonnel, along with Rugby Legend (a HUGE treat) George Hook and our head coach Patrick Calow
    JBL with his buddy George Hook.

If you don't like JBLs facebook you should.

Rugby "legend" george hook

mkay... if you say so jbl

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

(Source:baynews9.com)
    TRILBY -- A Trilby boy with cerebral palsy got a much-needed gift, along with a visit from one of his heroes.

Gary Patterson, 9, received a brand-new motorized wheelchair at Centennial Elementary School on Tuesday. It's an upgrade from his manual one, which is beat-up from use.

Gary said the new one will give him some freedom.

"Control myself and do what I want to do," he said.

The Darrell Gwynn Foundation donated the $32,000 custom wheelchair that allows Gary to be in control. The wheelchair was decorated with some of his favorite things, including World Wrestling Entertainment superstar John Cena.

But little did Gary know, a surprise was waiting for him in his school's cafeteria. Gary thought he was just going to thank those who gave him his wheelchair, but instead, he was greeted by Cena himself.

Gary's teacher, Jillian Kornick, played a huge role in getting Cena to show up. She said all of the hard work was worth it when she saw the surprise on Gary's face.

"It means everything to him," she said. "He's worked so hard to practice at this chair. It's very difficult to drive, and he's done everything, and that was the one thing he asked, if I could get him, was John Cena."

Cena is no stranger to giving back. He said that when he found out about Gary's story, he wanted to meet him.

"Moments like these are special," he said. "I try and do as much charity work as I can, and unfortunately I can't be everywhere, but this came about through a good friend of mine and I knew it would be a fantastic day. Like you said, when you see the look on Gary's face, it makes it all worthwhile."

Those who know Gary said he's a champion for not giving up, despite what he's going through.

"He's going to continue to be happy," Kornick said. "And this is the best day of his life."

The donation is one of six wheelchairs donated by the foundation as part of Spinal Cord Injury Awareness Week in Florida.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

What was Hook thinking with those shorts...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

xpletiv wrote: »
    What was Hook thinking with those shorts... ever

FYP ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

may not be a fan of cena in the ring but god damn you gotta love the man for what he does for charity

(Source:baynews9.com)
    Here's a picture of them, cena is a top guy though

Lem6im.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

montyrebel wrote: »
    may not be a fan of cena in the ring but god damn you gotta love the man for what he does for charity

It's part of his act. He's trolling us for disliking him by being such a darn straight-up guy.

No, he's believable. Who knows what he's like in private, but that doesn't really matter anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

xpletiv wrote: »
    What was Hook thinking with those shorts...

It's traditional Bermudan dress.

Forgot to mention it last Sunday as I watched the show bog eyed tired that morning but Fergal won his third IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship from Low Ki on the New Japan Power Struggle PPV:

DevittIWGP.jpg?resize=620%2C9999

Five days later/tonight he won Rev Pro's Crusierweight title in St Ives, Hertfordshire, England. Meaning he has won three titles in three continents this year - he held the Mexico based NWA World Historic Middleweight Championship March until September.

Will post the Low Ki match if it surfaces on Youtube or Dailymotion.

PWInsider:
    Cody Rhodes posted the following on his twitter:
    "MRI results...Torn trapezius grade 2. Torn deltoid grade 1. Separated shoulder. No surgery needed. Won't stop us."

So, it would appear he is cleared for the Survivor Series PPV.

Rhodes also wrote he is, "In debt to @TedDiBiase for packing my bag that night, and @TheDamienSandow for refusing to tag me in after I got hurt...protected my career."

However don't feel too bad as it came out today he recently got engaged to ex-WWE (FCW & NXT) ring announcer & Maxim model Eden Styles:
    tumblr_m66hla4M0o1rztcu4o1_500.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭baldstuffandy

Looked like he didn't get enough momentum to rotate properly. Lucky his shoulder took the brunt and not his neck.

I blame Kane for it, Look at Daniel Bryan's face as soon as it happens looked right at Kane.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement