Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sure Vince himself ridiculed it within seconds of it debuting....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

SHame because some of his previous ones were bloody awesome and very nearly tempted me a man who would never have the balls to wear a wrestling shirt in public to splash out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It sure makes a difference from Hi-Fiving your fans in the face! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Ex WWE Diva Kristal Marshall tweeted this to Bobby Lashley :

@fightbobby Taking pictures with ur kids and posting them doesn't make u a good dad. Pay child support. Would be a good start.

Bit rich considering she was one of the reasons he quit WWE!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

montyrebel wrote: »
    great way to make your t-shirt sound good and sell more of them :rolleyes:

Great way to not be a yes man toeing the company line. More like Punk, please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'm not sure what that means, but it's really cool. A similar thing happened to me before actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Brit star Pac reports for duty to NXT.
    From Wrestlezone.com

New WWE developmental star Pac has arrived at WWE NXT.

He had a match at Friday's NXT live event in West Palm Beach, Florida against Dean Ambrose. He is working under the name Ben Sacilly.

His actual name is Ben Satterly. Just a little trademark tweak, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Ben Sacilly sounds like a lad that my Dad would buy Silage from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

GTR63 wrote: »
    Ben Sacilly sounds like a lad that my Dad would buy Silage from.
    Or a lad your ma wouldn't have wanted you sitting beside in school. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Poor auld Marty Jannetty is in a bad way:

From The Observer:
    Marty Jannetty, 52, is in really bad shape these days. He worked a show in Orlando against Steve Corino and his ankles were so bad that his feet turn out sideways and the inside of his ankles almost touch the ground when he walks. It really looks bad. He needs surgery on both ankles in the worst way. In the ring, he mostly just tries and talks his way through, and works in a jersey. A few years ago when he was on the indies he was still giving good matches. He then no-showed a CHIKARA show the next night in Everett, MA.

He posted this on his Facebook:
    IM GONNA ASK ALL OF YOU..LET ME PREFACE THIS WITH , I LOVE YOU DAMIEN(SUNNY'S BF WHO IS TRYING HARD TO DEAL WITH THIS **** ) AND I LOVE YOU SUNNY AKA TAMMY SYTCH..BUT IM BUSTING THIS OUT IN PUBLIC TO SEE IF I'M BEING A DICK ON THIS..CAUSE I DONT THINK I AM..I GOT SOME BAD AZZ ANKLES, **** THAT CAME FROM OVER 20 YEARS OF JUMPING OFF TOP ROPES TO CONCRETE FLOORS(AND MORE, JUST SAYING), AND, AND I HA
    VE A TOP DR IN ""THE WORLD" WHO HAS SAID IT APPEARS TO BE FROM THAT...AND WWE IS STILL MAKING MONEY OFF IT..I LOVE WWE AND EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH IT..BUT, I'M TIRED OF HURTING..IM TIRED OF HAVING A MILK JUG NEXT TO MY BED BECAUSE IT HURTS MORE TO WALK TO THE BATHROOM THAN TO HOLD THE PEE..AND WHEN I CANT HOLD IT NO MORE, I ROLL OVER AND USE THE MILK JUG...NOW **** ME(SORRY BOUT THE LANGUAGE), IF IT MAKES SENSE, THAT WWE WILL TAKE CARE OF MY FRIEND, NOTHING AGAINST HER, BUT WILL COVER HER WITH REHAB AFTER 5 TIMES IN JAIL FOR ??? BEING ****ED UP DRUNK?? BUT, AINT GONNA COVER MY ASS FOR FUUUCKED UP ANKLES FROM SHAWN AND I'S STYLE OF WRESTLING..WHICH THEY >>>STILL<<< MAKE MONEY ON..PROOF IN THE QUARTERLY ROYALTY CHECKS(..WHAT THE FIZUCK..DO I GOTTA OD ON PAIN MEDS FIRST B4 THEY SAY, "OH, WAIT, WE SHOULD HAVE FIXED HIM, SINCE WE FIXIN SCOTT HALL FOR THE 10TH TIME ON CRACK"....OH AND BY THE WAY..I ASKED THEM B4 I DID THIS..AND THE PERSON IN CHARGE OF THE "WELLNESS PROGRAM" (WHICH, IN MY OPINION, IS ONLY THERE BECAUSE OF THE BENOIT SAGA) SHE TOLD ME...NO, I WONT SAY HERE.. BECAUSE I THINK THE WORLD OF HER, BUT HER ANSWER..AINT WHAT WWE WOULD WANNA HEAR IN COURT...PS~**** YOU SHAWN..I THOUGHT WE WAS BEING REAL AGAIN..LIKE B4 YOU GOT POSSESSED WITH....SOMETHING IN WWE..AND I STILL LOVE YOU, BUT YOURE GOOD ..ARENT YOU..YOU AINT GOTTA PISS IN A BOTTLE .DO YOU?..DAWN MARIE, WITH YO FAKE ASS "WRESTLERS RESCUE"..**** YOU YOU TOO..I TOLD YOU NOT TO MENTION THE ANKLES AS IT WOULD COST ME BOOKINGS..YOU DID ANYWAY ON AN INTERVIEW..AND, AS I SAID, IT COSTED ME MANY BOOKINGS..**** YOU! YOU AINT DOING **** THE BOYZ..YOU AINT DOING **** FOR ANYTHING BUT YO"SELF ASSWIPE!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Jesus that's tragic. He's blasted a few people there, burning a lot of bridges. Marty should have been a way bigger deal than he was. He was very very good in the ring. His match on Raw in 1993 won Match of the Year accolades from various publications. It's a shame they never had a big money match and programme together, could've given him a serious rub.

I remember watching the Shawn Michaels Heartbreak and Triumph DVD and feeling so bad that Marty was slurring his speech on the documentary. Here's that 1993 match anyway, PPV calibre without doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

/\/\/\ Jerry Lawler Voice: THAT'S IT HE'S DEAD!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Didnt see it posted, but Lilian Garcia is in hospital having been hit by a car.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Chris Jericho like a MARK calls back into the LAW radio show to chat with Dave Meltzer about the Hell in the Cell main event and WWE in general:

Can someone listen to this?
    On air from 2 @phantom1052, the latest about Sandy, talking to John from Spunout on Cyber Bullying, wrestling in Japan, marathons and more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

rovert wrote: »

I'll have a listen, sounds like interesting topics in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

They have weird topics on that show,they were talking about the football manager game last week.

So what's being discussed on there now, is it worth tuning into Phantom on the computer?

Prince Devitt is the guest sometime on the show:

http://media.phantom.ie/listen_live/popup

• Advertisement

Deadly, cheers for that. Have I missed him? I was in the ol douche there for a few minutes. I wonder if Phantom still have that album I won off of them back in fall of 2009.

Deadly, cheers for that. Have I missed him? I was in the ol douche there for a few minutes. I wonder if Phantom still have that album I won off of them back in fall of 2009.

Nope, hasn't been on yet. Presenter said he was next, then went onto the marathon talk for some reason.

Is this show from 2 to 4? If so, Devitt wasn't on it, she mentioned him twice early on but the interview never came.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

That's why he'll never go into the WWE Hall of Fame either.

They can't trust him to stay drug/alcohol free for one day.

An update on the better multi-man Survivor match of the Summer.

CiberneticoRises.jpg

Steen announced his team as the Bravados, The Young Bucks, the Briscoes and Jimmy Jacobs.

WWE is currently having their quaterly investor conference.

The WWE Network won't a be a basic channel on cable packages instead it will be a HBO (and I guess ESPN on Sky TV) style subscription service.

Anyways WWE thinks half of US households are WWE households. :eek:

Comprehensive research indicates a significant WWE U.S. fan base of 57 million households
    * An independent agency conducted a detailed survey of over 9,000 households (HH)
    * Research indicates that 50%+ of U.S. HH can be considered a WWE fan household

wwe_fan_universe.jpg

Notes:
    1) % Resp. is the proportion of fans within each segment, % of US HH based on survey results, # of WWE HH calculated using % of US HH applied to US Multichannel TV
    HHs (excl. 70+), # of WWE fans obtained by # of fans per WWE HH (from survey results) applied to # of WWE HH.
    2) The # of WWE HHs shown is based on a universe of total U.S. TV households (USTV HH). Digital mulitchannel households represent approximately 83% of USTV HH.

The millions and millions indeed:
    the-rock.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

That's why he'll never go into the WWE Hall of Fame either.

They can't trust him to stay drug/alcohol free for one day.

its a shame really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

An update on the better multi-man Survivor match of the Summer.

CiberneticoRises.jpg

Steen announced his team as the Bravados, The Young Bucks, the Briscoes and Jimmy Jacobs.

WOW what a team, i have no idea what its for though???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement