Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Wwe are considering what could be the most ridiculous idea ever:
    The conflict that began at the end of Raw with CM Punk and referee Brad Maddox might lead to WWE referees having instant replay soon in the storyline, according to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
    It appears the controversy with referees and the GM's are being built at the same time for a reason.

How will a heel get heat now?!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If it results in the abolition of constant screwy finishes, I'm all for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I think there's no harm in making it more and more like a legitimate sport. Does anyone agree?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

WWE Diva Elizabeth Carolan, a.k.a Beth Phoenix, is reportedly finishing up with the company shortly. According to a source, Phoenix will be retiring in October.

Phoenix made her WWE debut in 2006 as an ally to Trish Stratus during her feud with Mickie James. She would go on to hold the WWE Women's Championship three times, as well as the WWE Diva's Championship.

Phoenix was en route to displacing Maryse Ouellet as the longest reigning WWE Divas Champion in history earlier this year, however lost the belt a week before she could break the record to Nikki Bella on the April 23rd episode of Raw.

http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2012/0920/556466/beth-phoenix/#ixzz2734vVHvl

Superstars loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

CMpunked wrote: »

Haha well I don't think it will be that simple. It is WWE afterall.

Interesting idea. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That's a big loss for the Diva's division.

If she is still with Edge I can't blame her for wanting to share the same quality of life he has and possibly wanting to start a family. The Divas are getting increasingly irrelevant if that is even possible and she is at the end of her run - she has been babyface and heel numerous times, pre-merger she was traded between both brands.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Denny M wrote: »
    That's a big loss for the Diva's division.

What division?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

CMpunked wrote: »

I thought it was just gonna lead to Punk vs Cena at HIAC with a special referee myself.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    I thought it was just gonna lead to Punk vs Cena at HIAC with a special referee myself.

Paul E as the special ref? :pac:

• Advertisement

The UK PPV WWF One Night Only occurred 15 years yesterday and this article is a great read:

http://collarandelbow.com/wwf-one-night-only-the-legacy-of-the-first-uk-only-ppv-15-years-on/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

rovert wrote: »
    The UK PPV WWF One Night Only occurred 15 years yesterday and this article is a great read:

http://collarandelbow.com/wwf-one-night-only-the-legacy-of-the-first-uk-only-ppv-15-years-on/

Ironically, this incident was the only thing of consequence to ever occur on a UK-exclusive PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Paul E as the special ref? :pac:

That or Austin I thought. It could help set up the potential Austin/Punk match in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,562 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

rovert wrote: »
    If she is still with Edge I can't blame her for wanting to share the same quality of life he has and possibly wanting to start a family. The Divas are getting increasingly irrelevant if that is even possible and she is at the end of her run - she has been babyface and heel numerous times, pre-merger she was traded between both brands.

Edge and Beth :eek: her and Lita seem to share the same taste in men :p

Would have loved to see Beth feud with the likes of Kharma and Natayla it is a shame WWE dont really care about the women's division anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Ironically, this incident was the only thing of consequence to ever occur on a UK-exclusive PPV.

Wht about jaquelines puppies?

- During an interview with WWE Magazine, Santino Marella revealed that even he though he previously said he was content with his standing in WWE, he now aspires to win a World Title.

"There are only four individual titles on the main roster of WWE, and to be one of four champions on a roster of many is pretty prestigious. I'll continue to keep training and then hopefully one day will win the World Heavyweight Title or the WWE Championship," Marella said. "The fans have always expressed their desire for me to enjoy success against the top guys. It was nice seeing them react to me at Elimination Chamber and to know that they still hope I do well."

When asked which wrestlers backstage don't understand his jokes, he revealed Cody Rhodes and The Miz.

"But that's because they can't laugh at themselves," Marella said. "They'll laugh at someone else, but when it comes to themselves—they take things way too seriously."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Is that in the current edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Even if Santino did become a serious competitor and try to get pushed. he would never win a world title. I could never see him on Vince McMahon's list of guys who should be world champion. He's a mid-carder for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Even if Santino did become a serious competitor and try to get pushed. he would never win a world title. I could never see him on Vince McMahon's list of guys who should be world champion. He's a mid-carder for life.

i thought for a split second he was going to win the title at elimination chamber this year, when bryan missed the headbutt and santino did the cobra i was sure that was it

40min mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Guess who is the face of SurViVor Series!!

ssmiz_zps3beda5f0.jpg

Big push coming perhaps?

Black and white prominent logo, nwo talk over at wwe.com...

coincidence?!..

Yes. Probably.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

i like his new look, he looks more like a credible upper-tier guy and less like a teenage douchebag from the American Pie spinoff DVDs

and i saw how you type-faced SurViVor Series grames :) it's like the inVasion all over again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Santino's problem is that his finisher is pathetic. If he wants to be taken as a serious wrestler, he needs to start improving his moveset. He's actually a very capable wrestler, with a good judo background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Wouldn't mind a Sheamus/Miz feud for the WHC, I think they would compliment each other quite nicely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Wouldn't mind a Sheamus/Miz feud for the WHC, I think they would compliment each other quite nicely.

Me too, I actually like the Miz :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

dlofnep wrote: »
    Santino's problem is that his finisher is pathetic. If he wants to be taken as a serious wrestler, he needs to start improving his moveset. He's actually a very capable wrestler, with a good judo background.

I doubt it's his choice to wrestle this way. It got popular so he likely hasent much choice in the matter anymore.

I still want to see someone completely no sell the Cobra. Just look at him like "WTF was that supposed to do?"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Ironic that they'd use Miz on the poster for Survivor Series when it was him they blamed for the poor buyrate last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Disagree with the idea of Santino being a good wrestler. I thought he was terrible in his initial run. He plays the comic mid-card role very well and that's where he should stay imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Apparently Big Show replaced Cena on the house shows this weekend and played a babyface......yip.....face.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement