Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Well Daniel Bryan said that he missed meat like crazy in the past, so I wonder is he like an alcoholic who's been off the drink for years and is back on it with a vengeance suddenly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Well Daniel Bryan said that he missed meat like crazy in the past, so I wonder is he like an alcoholic who's been off the drink for years and is back on it with a vengeance suddenly?

BREAKING NEWS:
    Daniel Bryan and CM Punk seen at burger king with The Ryback!
    FEED US MORE! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

BREAKING NEWS:
    Daniel Bryan and CM Punk seen at burger king with The Ryback!
    FEED US MORE! :D

Bryan and Ryback do travel together.

This interview I keep thinking of (I swear it's real), he mentions the 2 of them and Cody Rhodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Yeah, definitely remember that, Danielson, Rhodes and "the Ryback" were travelling together at the time.

He was a vegan for dietary reasons, can't blame him abandoning it, would be a nightmare to find food when you're travelling all the time like that.

• Advertisement

This interview I keep thinking of (I swear it's real), he mentions the 2 of them and Cody Rhodes.

(Damien Sandow Style): You're welcome!

I first heard about why Bryan was Vegan on Colt Cabana's Paad cast.

I'm surprised that the WWE didn't make more of it and make him keep the facade up in public, as part of his character. Or maybe he's eating meat because he's gone crazy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,124 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The past? Some of it never happened, okay?
    World Wrestling Entertainment announced late Thursday it was scrubbing some “dated and edgier” footage from its website, a day after its co-founder’s political opponent used clips in an attack ad.

“Some of this footage has been misused in political environments without any context or explanation as to when it was produced,” WWE’s Brian Flinn told The CT Mirror. “This damages the corporate reputation of our company.”

Flinn said the footage’s removal wasn’t related to an ad released Wednesday by Rep. Chris Murphy, a Connecticut Democrat running for Senate against WWE co-founder Linda McMahon, a Republican. The ad briefly uses WWE footage while attacking McMahon for allegedly off-shoring profits to avoid taxes and failing to provide health coverage for the company’s performers.

WWE said the footage’s removal was part of a re-branding effort. While the WWE had a PG-14 rating for much of the late 1990s and early 2000s — generally called the company’s “Attitude Era,” when she was running the company with her husband, Vince McMahon — its current content is rated PG or G, the company said.

“For years WWE has produced programming that is rated PG in primetime, and most recently rated G on Saturday mornings,” Flinn told the Mirror. “To better reflect our current family-friendly brand of entertainment, WWE is removing some dated and edgier footage from digital platforms.”

Since McMahon’s first run for the Senate in 2010, when she lost to Democrat Richard Blumenthal, opponents have used WWE footage to criticize the Republican for promoting violence and sexism. The Mirror reports one such clip, in which Vince McMahon orders a female wrestler to strip, get down on all fours and bark like a dog, has been wiped from YouTube.

After her expensive loss to Blumenthal in 2010 — she spent $50 million on her campaign — McMahon has retooled her image in 2012, focusing less on her business experience than her life story, often mentioning a bankruptcy she went through early in life. A late August Quinnipiac University poll found McMahon leading Murphy, 49 percent to 46 percent, in the race to replace retiring independent Sen. Joseph Lieberman.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Not really sure where else to put this. I dont think we have a general Indy thread. CHIKARA KOT:
    The Spectral Envoy defeat The Batiri

Maybe it's just me, but I'd have had the Batiri as probably the favourites to win the lot and now they're out in the second round! Not really sure who's going to win now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Saw this the other day, not sure it it's been posted. Didn't want to derail the Lawler thread with it. Another reason why New Jack needs to "accidently" OD.
    Upon news surfacing Monday night that WWE Hall of Famer Jerry "The King" Lawler had suffered a heart attack during Raw, fellow wrestler Jerome "New Jack" Young, "The Original Gangsta," went on a scathing rant on Twitter (account located at Twitter.com/NewJackUncut) attacking the legendary Memphis figure.
    He wrote, "Just heard about Lawler...f--k that racist motherf--ka...die slow,you f--king cock sucker

"If lawler dies,let me know where his grave is so,I can go piss on it...f--k that b---h

"Please let me know where they put that f--ka in the ground so,I can piss on his grave."

Responding to fans, he continued, "b---h,I'm not here to make you happy and if what I said hurts...GO f--k YOURSELF...FAN

"I don't work for a f--king fan so,if what I say hurts ur lil white feeling...SO f--kING WHAT...YOU ARE FOLLOWING ME b---h BOY!!!!!!!!!!!

"I have really out done myself this time huh...1st Terri then Brian knobbs gets knocked the f--k out,I beat da s--t outta balls and now jerry."

Young then revealed that his diatribe partially stems from James "Kamala" Harris, another Memphis wrestling legend, not receiving as much as adulation and support as Lawler after having both of his legs amputated within the past year.

"When Kamala was going through some s--t,nobody said s--t so,now this s--t with Lawler is supposed to touch me...f--k EVERY ONE OF YOU!!!" he wrote.

Young also clarified that he's not racist following his racially-charged rant: "Fyi,my 2 kids are from a white woman so,the next 1 of you m
    rs call me racist,I will send you a free dvd...dammit!!!"

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2012/0913/556231/jerry-lawler/#ixzz26drKqSxS

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What a w*nker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Apparently he's been banned from Twitter, most likely due to the WWE having some pull with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Lol. I'd say the silencing is killing him.

What a dipshít.

I bet he'll set up a facebook page to spread his message of ignorance to the dozens of his fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I might die of laughter if he ends up on tout.

I might ask him if he wants to be the subject of a documentary, or if he needs a lodger even.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Breaking News from WWE.com: John Cena undergoes arm surgery - he'll be out 4-6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Breaking News from WWE.com: John Cena undergoes arm surgery - he'll be out 4-6 weeks.

thread.

WWE just taped Sin Cara vs Jinder Mahal for Saturday Morning Slam. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I thought this was funny...

CM Punk ‏@CMPunk
    I enjoy getting tweets from illiterate nine year olds. THe future iz in gud handss.
    Expand
    Reply Retweet

• Advertisement

Everyone gives in eventually:

https://twitter.com/EdgeRatedR

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

According to Pwinsider.com, Tokyo Sport is reporting that WWE and All Japan Pro Wrestling have forged an alliance and will be working together. John Laurinaitis reportedly helped put the deal together.

Laurinaitis worked for AJPW from 1988 through 2000, teaming with Kenta Kobashi, "Dr. Death" Steve Williams and Bart Gunn during his tenure with the promotion. Laurinaitis was a two-time AJPW All Asia Tag Team Champion, a four-time AJPW Unified World Tag Team Champion, and the winner of the New Year's Heavyweight Battle Royal on January 2, 1991 at Korakuen Hall.

More details as they come…
    Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/255513/WWE-Reportedly-Makes-Alliance-With-All-Japan-Pro-Wrestling.htm#68K8MB5PGoIFzRf7.99

Talent exchange? Or WWE using Japan as a developmental? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Anyone notice that WWE have taken a lot of videos off Youtube?couldn't find my usual Raw full show yesterday and was looking for my fix of random William Regal matches this evening and could only find 1 or two,there were loads last week,very annoying!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Anyone notice that WWE have taken a lot of videos off Youtube?couldn't find my usual Raw full show yesterday and was looking for my fix of random William Regal matches this evening and could only find 1 or two,there were loads last week,very annoying!

John Cena had them pulled supposedly :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Yeah, they've been doing it for a while now. I think it has something to do with Linda's campaign and they want to pull videos down to stop her opponents from taking shots at her or the WWE.

Pretty annoying alright, I was watching Bray Wyatt videos from FCW recently, and the day after, they took the videos down. That along with many other videos I used to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Talent exchange? Or WWE using Japan as a developmental? :P

Anyone good in All Japan?
    The little bit I watch of Japanese wrestling is New Japan or Dragon Gate.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Anyone good in All Japan?
    The little bit I watch of Japanese wrestling is New Japan or Dragon Gate.

They do and they don't. It is really just a high level indy with a rotating cast of freelancers and wrestlers from other promotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

rovert wrote: »
    Everyone gives in eventually:

https://twitter.com/EdgeRatedR

Is Del Rio nearly the only E guy not on Twitter now. I heard him in an interview recently saying that he has trouble turning on a computer let alone setting up a twitter account.:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Kane?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Triple H? Undertaker? Lesnar?

I dont know for sure, but I'd guess they dont. Mostly the older guys it seems.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement