Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but has the T.V title just disappeared along with D-Von?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,968 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    As for the TV title, they could do with giving it to someone like Styles and let him run with it for a few months to establish it properly. Devon did a decent job but Styles would take it to a higher level. Then pass it on to someone they intend on building as a main eventer in the not too distant future. A trial run of sorts.

Yeah they need a midcard title that can be the stepping stone the IC title used to be in WWE.

A.J mentioned a champion vs. champion match to CM Punk, perhaps unification might be ahoy?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

A.J mentioned a champion vs. champion match to CM Punk, perhaps unification might be ahoy?

I said a while ago that a unification match would be a good idea and a great way to introduce the new title belt. The US and IC titles have been getting a little (not much) more focus recently with former world champions getting involved a lot so they could be considering it and are preparing for it early.

Not like they are overloaded with main event talent these days.

It's their own fault really. As gets said here on a daily basis, they aren't developing main event talent etc. But yeah, CM Punk to beat Sheamus at Survivor Series or something maybe?

• Advertisement

Night of Champions would have been a perfect PPV name for it but that isnt happening unless it's 2013.

Wouldnt mind them doing a little tournament of sorts. 8 guys and then have the final two go against Punk and Sheamus (or whoever the champions are) with the winners facing each other in the main event that night (like the BFGS semi final and final being on the same show). The champions have the advantage of only have to have the one match before the unification match while the rest have to win three to get to the final match. Plus, it would create a decent amount of feuds, including easily three for whoever wins (finalist and semi finalists).

For example:
    Cena def Kane
    Del Rio def Big Show
    Orton def Bryan
    Ziggler def someone else

Cena def Del Rio
    Ziggler def Orton

PPV:
    Punk def Cena
    Sheamus def Ziggler
    Punk def Sheamus

They could have that over a six week period giving the match a lot of time to build up. More if they wanted by adding a few qualifiers. That would probably require too much effort and forward planning though, instead we'll get two weeks of throwaway build.

Now that you mention him, where did The Big Show disappear to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Now that you mention him, where did The Big Show disappear to?

Was just thinking that this morning - wouldn't be surprised if he comes back as a good guy again and the last few months are forgotten about.:D

Has Punk ever fought Sheamus before 1-on-1? Would be nice to see it headline WrestleMania as its two current two guys at the top but that ain't gonna happen with all the legends hanging about.

Survivor Series would be nice. That said I don't think Unification would be a good idea - it would ruin Smackdown! Well, unless the champion starts appearing on both shows but...I'm not sure I like the sound of that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

ECW documentary backed on Kickstarter with a week to go: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bwcfilm/a-documentary-about-extreme-championship-wrestling
    WOW!
    Update #33 · Sep. 12, 2012 · 1 comment
    Wow! That's all i can say. My laptop fried Monday night, I awoke to find out we'd mislabeled something in a video, and I was a little nervous with roughly a week left. Thing's picked up throughout the day though. People still listening to my Torch interview. Mike Johnson with a great endorsement on PWInsider.com, and then I did the Observer Radio interview. By the time I'd gotten to my sister's house to see how the nephews were doing, things were starting to hit.

The outpouring continues to be touching and awe inspiring. I can not believe this is actually happening. If you can get to the premiere once we lock it down in the coming months, please do. I have so many thank yous to say. I will not be able to get to them all now (it's 2AM and I have to be up for interviews tomorrow), I want to thank our $4000 backer, Conrad. That was a game changer. I've got to thank the great guys at Greatnessland Productions for their love and support this month. I've got to thank Dana, who has become a one man machine. AND... my new pal, Brian, or as you know him, The Blue Meanie. Meanie just won't quit promoting this damn thing. It's unbelievable.

More thank yous to come once I get my head on straight. I have to go find some proper names and recognize people. We are extratic that this is happening. Keep it coming. I'd love to safely get over our goal and get into a comfort zone.

John

Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,895 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

It's believed eventually WWE will have Vince McMahon fire AJ Lee and Booker T from their General Manager jobs before bringing in a top name to run both shows.
    There are rumblings now that Ric Flair may be brought in to run both RAW and SmackDown. It's also been rumored that Flair may be brought in to work with Dolph Ziggler in place of Vickie Guerrero.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Anything + Ric Flair = A disaster with laughs along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I don't know - keep the reigns on him a bit and don't let him actually wrestle and I think he could be a brilliant asset!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

It's also been rumored that Flair may be brought in to work with Dolph Ziggler in place of Vickie Guerrero.

Leave Dolph and Vickie alone.

Damn I was really hoping Ric Flair was behind Aces and 8's.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,895 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Charisteas wrote: »
    Leave Dolph and Vickie alone.

Damn I was really hoping Ric Flair was behind Aces and 8's.

Anyone know if Vickie is leaving?

Flair running SD and Heyman running Raw wouldnt be too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Riddle101

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone know if Vickie is leaving?

Flair running SD and Heyman running Raw wouldnt be too bad

Don't know. However her daughter is in FCW, there might be a chance WWE might be planning on bringing her up to the main roster and putting her with Vickie.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Don't know. However her daughter is in FCW, there might be a chance WWE might be planning on bringing her up to the main roster and putting her with Vickie.

She is on NXT now. Last time I seen her she was doing a Beautiful People rip off minus the beautiful part.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Would be a step up for Dolph to have Flair by his side,all Vickie generates is cheap heat which is fine for a lower mid carder,but if Dolph is to actually to succeed as a main eventer then they need to seperate him and Vickie as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Would be a step up for Dolph to have Flair by his side,all Vickie generates is cheap heat which is fine for a lower mid carder,but if Dolph is to actually to succeed as a main eventer then they need to seperate him and Vickie as quickly as possible.

For almost the entire length of Edge's main event run, he had a valet to help generate cheap heat, including Vickie and it did him no harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

That was more to do with Edge's character as conniving womaniser who'd do anything it takes to be champion though,so it made sense in having Lita first(who he 'stole' from Hardy),and then Vickie who was GM of Smackdown at the time.Edge was well over with the masses at that stage anyways.

Zigglers (wafer thin) character is a show off,yet he still has Vickie out there getting all his heat for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Agree with the above plus Ziggler is actually well able to speak if given the chance. What does Vickie do except scream "Excuse me!".

• Advertisement

Pentecost wrote: »
    Agree with the above plus Ziggler is actually well able to speak if given the chance. What does Vickie do except scream "Excuse me!".

Ziggler gets zero reaction by himself. He still needs Vickie but is getting better.

Wrestling in HD and 3D :eek:

http://www.crossfirellc.vze.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

She looks like someone else I can't put my finger on now.

While Johnny Davis can give Zach Gowen a run for his money(no pun intended)
    http://home.comcast.net/~markoutmedia/crossfire/110312/davis.jpg

Zach is missing a leg. Johnny is missing half his body.

Daniel Bryan appeared on 98.5 SportsHub in Boston this morning.

Bryan started off by talking about Jerry Lawler's heart attack on RAW this past Monday, and being in the ring at the time. He says he was in the middle of a chin lock and noticed that the crowd was looking away from the ring. He thought that there was a fight in the crowd, and first realized what was going on with Lawler when he went to the top rope. He noted that Lawler was very lucky, and the locker room was very concerned because they're like a close family backstage.

Bryan said that William Regal came up with the "Daniel Bryan" name, and he revealed that he made a list of names, including "Buddy Peacock."

He also discussed being a smaller wrestler in WWE, and said that he was lucky that he had ten years of independent wrestling experience before being thrown into a WWE ring. He noted that one of the best things about being out of the indys is that he gets a chance to shower after a WWE show, unlike wrestling in armory's and small halls.

The host brings up the necktie incident that resulted in his firing from the company in 2010. Bryan admitted that he was fired because it "wasn't PG." He defended himself, and said that he was told that they [Nexus] were told to go out there and give a "gang-style" beating. He said that he was new with the company at the time and didn't know the rules.

He is asked about the difference between "sports entertainment" and "wrestling." Bryan stated that the fact that WWE produces 8 hours of television a week, it just can't be wrestling. People would get bored by just 8 hours of wrestling, and he said that you need to throw interviews and storylines in there to give people a break.

Daniel Bryan revealed that he and CM Punk are NO longer vegans after being one for 2 1/2 years. He said that it was the hardest thing to find vegan food on the road.

The host talked about how much Andre The Giant used to drink, and that it doesn't seem like the wrestlers are drinkers like they used to be. Bryan told a short story about having a cookie eating contest in a lobby in Japan, and the old timers making fun of them and noting how much the times have changed.

No wonder they are getting big pushes now.

0914-mug-shot-wm-1.jpg

Tammy Sytch, otherwise known as "Sunny" has been arrested 3 times in 3 days according to TMZ.

The first arrest for the former WWE diva was for "disorderly conduct on September 11 at 8:55 PM where an incident involving a man who was living in the house where the altercation took place. "
    September 12nd and Tammy was released on a $500 bond before arrest #2 at 4:49 PM when "the former wrestler was popped for disorderly conduct and strangulation for an incident involving the same man. She was also charged with violating a restraining order." September 13th and Tammy was released on $25,000 bond before arrest #3 at 8:00 PM when "she was popped for once again violating a restraining order. We're told the incident also involved the same man."

Tammy was released earlier today on $2,500 bond ... and is currently enjoying freedom....until later on tonight judging by the pattern!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

rovert wrote: »
    No wonder they are getting big pushes now.

I thought that Bryan was told "Go vegan or stop wrestling". Mainly because he was getting too many staph infections from grappling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

CastorTroy wrote: »
    She looks like someone else I can't put my finger on now.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8ORm8SSXm7c/Thoa3LiukzI/AAAAAAAAUcw/QcMNGjU_Rzs/s1600/odo.jpg

According to some video I saw with him, he just wanted to do the best thing to combat infection.

• Advertisement

Daniel Bryan revealed that he and CM Punk are NO longer vegans after being one for 2 1/2 years. He said that it was the hardest thing to find vegan food on the road.

Sell outs :eek:

Wonder if they have reduced to vegetarian, or are they full on meat-eaters now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement