Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worker arrives in unkempt

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Odysseus wrote: »
    Does it matter the reason you are noting the person's appearance, I can't see how the cirteria would change, as I said facial hair is only one apsect of one's appearance, not the defining caracteristic.

The guy looked scruffy...not un stable...not depressed... not off his rocks on meth or crack. he most likely perfectly normal..stable down to earth nice guy...but scruffy.

Voltex wrote: »
    It left an impression...and not a good one.

That says more about you than him it has to be said. You come across as a very stuck up individual who thinks appearance is all that matters. If you want a stubble free service go to Dunnes and be served by the dead eyed staff members whose any attempt at individuality is knocked back by the managers. Tesco for all their faults at least realise that allowing their staff a little leeway in regard appearance ensure a far happier working staff.

A beard/stubble can look very good on most men. I know I've got nothing but compliments since growing mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Unkempt is unkempt regardless of a persons psychological status, as I said in this case it does not matter what the reason for making a judgement on that a persons apperance is; the criteria remain the same.

So facial hair is still only one aspect of appearance it is not the persons whole appearance, so your still focusing in on only one aspect of the persons general attire and ignoring the rest. It doesn't matter if he is mentally unstable or the most psychologically stable person in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Odysseus wrote: »
    Unkempt is unkempt regardless of a persons psychological status, as I said in this case it does not matter what the reason for making a judgement on that a persons apperance is; the criteria remain the same.

So facial hair is still only one aspect of appearance it is not the persons whole appearance, so your still focusing in on only one aspect of the persons general attire and ignoring the rest. It doesn't matter if he is mentally unstable or the most psychologically stable person in the world.

Holy Jaysus...look!!...I dont want to get to know the guy...I made an observation, that with a couple of days growth on his face he looks scruffy....and not a suitable face of frontline staff. If he wanted to "grow" his face fur...then the manager could have offered him work somewhere else....like in the Freezer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Holy Jaysus...look!!...I dont want to get to know the guy...I made an observation, that with a couple of days growth on his face he looks scruffy....and not a suitable face of frontline staff. If he wanted to "grow" his face fur...then the manager could have offered him work somewhere else....like in the Freezer!

I know you don't but it was more than an observation, quite a few people here seen it as a sweeping generalisation. You implying that not shaving equates with poor hygiene, we saying it doesn't that there are other factors to be than into consideration. What I am saying that if everything else about his appearance was with what's considered to be social or professional norms then it is unfair to say he is unkempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If he wanted to "grow" his face fur...then the manager could have offered him work somewhere else....like in the Freezer!
    Yes, hide these subhuman degenerates away. I was disgusted to be served by a woman with red lipstick, the dirty whore, should be working in a brothel the shameless tramp. And she had wild long hair, past her ears, I like a crew cut on women, she also had unsightly earrings. Needless to say I will never return there again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

I was once served by a punk in a music store.

The guy was a total punk.

he was alrigh though. Nice chap. Very efficient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I remember i got served by this girl in McDonalds that had a dirty moustache. I never went there again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭waitinforatrain

...thats great...but this lads mental status is not the topic of discussion here...its his apperance was not what i would expect of frontline staff of any company...nor that of a PLC.

Well perhaps it's about time you grew up and stopped having 'expectations' of other peoples appearance.

The people that work these **** jobs serving people like you all day long aren't just staff, they have their own lives outside of work. You might think that people exist to serve you, but I'm sorry to say that they don't. Hard luck.

I love the thread title by the way, could be the front page of the sun tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Right, I give in.

But I will still hold the view that unshaved does ADD to a persons dishevelled appearance. Its not the be all and end all though.

• Advertisement

Somebody has conceded on the internet!

/ end internet

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It left an impression...and not a good one.
    What have you got against bearded people? If you want a service you should only be concerned with the quality of the service, you don't have the right to demand that anyone who gives you a service be dressed in a manner you find agreeable.

We're not school children anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭vinylbomb

reason Im posting this is that while in Tesco tonight I was served by a lad prob 24/25 who must have had about 3 days growth on his face. if i was his manager Id have given him the choice of A) Purchasing a packet of Gillett off the shelf or f*ckin off home for the rest of the day.
    He wasnt far off lookin like Chewie from Star wars

In Tesco? Christ, c'mon............its not exactly a Merc dealership, is it.

Like, if he had his shirt buttoned up all assways, and stains over his top and hadnt washed his hair in a few weeks, damn straight.

But a few days stubble isnt really worth losing the rag over.
    There can be mitigating factors too, I cant shave more than once a week because it tears my skin up really badly. Luckily I've got fair colouring so don't look like a yeti by the weekends, but such is life!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Peep O'Day

weedhead wrote: »
    The guy was working in Tesco, who gives a sh*t, im not sayin working in Tescos is anything to look down on but fu*k it, did it affect how he served you? stuck up is right.

being so stuck up its a wonder voltex was in tesco in the 1st place

He was clearly on beard patrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

Shows how much of a life the OP has when a sizeable chunk of today was him being consumed by thoughts of this 'disgusting little man'.

Advertisement