Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worker arrives in unkempt

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Odysseus wrote: »
    I don't actually no need to as I'm a psychotherapist. If you are talking about surgeons, they also wear masks and hats, is hair on your head gross as well?

Thing is its on my head not my face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I hope you shaved before you came on posting here! Quite particular around here, you know ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Odysseus wrote: »
    I dealing with the public all day, supplying a service to people who need it. My beard does not offend or make my service any less professional or presentable.

I don't mind beards, it's when it's a day or two of stubble that I'd send someone off to shave for. You see how the OP has a bad impression of the guy in Tesco, it's for people like the OP that I've sent people off to shave. Personally if someone serves me that hasn't shaved I don't mind.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

OP why don't you post a picture of yourself and let us give an opinion, maybe there is something unkempt about you that you don't realise, a unibrow perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Voltex wrote: »
    Its not about beards per se...its about the in between bit where they just look scruffy!

How are you supposed to grow a beard without going through the in between bit?

Are you suggesting some sort of paid bearding leave?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Thing is its on my head not my face

But how does about 5-9 inches make one ok and another gross?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

It left an impression...and not a good one.

Beard Rash eh?

Did he not call?? Is that what's wrong with ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

He had a scruffy beard, get the fuck over it OP

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Subjective wouldnt ya say!
    Yet it's not subjective in any way that people who haven't shaved in a couple of days are "unkempt", it's just a fact that everyone can agree on.
    That's why everyone is agreeing with you OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

reason Im posting this is that while in Tesco tonight I was served by a lad prob 24/25 who must have had about 3 days growth on his face. if i was his manager Id have given him the choice of A) Purchasing a packet of Gillett off the shelf or f*ckin off home for the rest of the day.
    He wasnt far off lookin like Chewie from Star wars

Its not about beards per se...its about the in between bit where they just look scruffy!

That bit in between where they look like Chewie.

Talk about high standards in the fullness of beards.

Did Santa touch someone's bum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Arathorn wrote: »
    OP why don't you post a picture of yourself and let us give an opinion, maybe there is something unkempt about you that you don't realise, a unibrow perhaps?

Here you go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Spore

reason Im posting this is that while in Tesco tonight I was served by a lad prob 24/25 who must have had about 3 days growth on his face. if i was his manager Id have given him the choice of A) Purchasing a packet of Gillett off the shelf or f*ckin off home for the rest of the day.

Who gives a fuck what you think of your local Tesco lad, what he didn't live up to your clean living aspirations? Maybe he's growing a beard? Maybe he can't afford razors on his shit salary? Mabye he just doesn't give a shit what you middleclass shitheads consider as a presentable appearance in work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Beards are gross..full Stop. bet you wear a beard cover in your clinical setting?...and why???...cause its gross!
    Make up your mind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

It left an impression...and not a good one.

You sound very stuck-up if a bit of stubble leaves an impression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

...3 days growth on his face...

ok

have you never actually seen chewie from starwars or something?

i mean, he had a little more facial hair than one would deem worthy of 3 days growth

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

His name is Chewbacca, not a fruitella type sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

Maybe he was growing a beard???

They don't just get from clean shaven to ful beard in a day you know... you have to spend a while growing them!

Honestly why do you care so much about what a till worker in tescos does with his facial hair?

Did he rub it on your food or soemthing???

Type of thing you need to get over mate...

He is entitled to have his facial hair in any way he wants. Who are you to judge?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The saddest thing about this is the fact that the OP has actually reproduced and his/her spawn will ensure such stupidity will live on for another generation at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭c4cat

So what business is it of yours if the lad wants to grow a stubble on his face?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Where do you think your going, go get that head shaved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

I can imagine the OP as being one of those people that like's to indulge in full body waxe's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

This is one of the things that is wrong with today's society: if people don't conform to a certain image that society has deemed exceptable then we feel the need to pass comment on it, that their appearence has offened us so much.

OP, if that guy left such a bad impression on you then grow up. As long as his unkemptness did not ,some how, interfered with the service that he provided you, then who cares what the hell he looked like.

The saddest thing about this is the fact that the OP has actually reproduced and his/her spawn will ensure such stupidity will live on for another generation at least.

I really dont give a fidlers fart whats said about me or my opinion its what boards is about...diversity of opinion!!...but the fact you have made reference to my children does. Im lookin for a Mod to remove that post now pls.

I didn't mention your children.
    Dont act the boll*x...you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I'm sorry OP but why does somebody's appearance bother you so much that you would consider putting their job at risk over it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Dont act the boll*x...you did.
    *gasp*

Did you just call me a bollix? That's personal abuse, plus I have a beard, that's discrimination!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

1,2,3,4 I declare a boards war!!!! :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

*gasp*

Did you just call me a bollix? That's personal abuse, plus I have a beard, that's discrimination!!!
    Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I'm actually going to side with the OP here. Why should your man in the shop be untidy in work? Now, i do have facial hair, but i grew it in my own time, and its kept tidy for work. If he's being that lacks with shaving, what other basic hygiene is he not doing?

I've had to get people to shave. Not a full beard off, but 5 o'clock shadow. You want to be messy, do it on your own time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

I'm actually going to side with the OP here. Why should your man in the shop be untidy in work? Now, i do have facial hair, but i grew it in my own time, and its kept tidy for work. If he's being that lacks with shaving, what other basic hygiene is he not doing?

I've had to get people to shave. Not a full beard off, but 5 o'clock shadow. You want to be messy, do it on your own time.

What is messy about hair? They are just hair follicles.

Advertisement