Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisbon Treaty - Exit Poll

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

stevensi wrote: »
    Just a quick question..I voted early this morning and used a tick to vote Yes; should i have done an X and if so will my vote not be counted?

Itll be counted

this is not Florida

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    Itll be counted

this is not Florida

;)

It will if its a yes :pac:

Anyone know how accurate this poll was last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

Was sure this exit poll would be a lot closer. I fear we make really be a thick nation after all.

Irony

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Max.... I hate to say this but, you voted yes :)

I will correct the count at the end... I hope you didnt do the same at the real vote! :p

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Currently 92 Yes - 64 No. Waiting for the rereg accounts to kick in any time now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Was sure this exit poll would be a lot closer. I fear we make really be a thick nation after all.
    If the actual result is anything like the exit poll currently is, my faith in the intelligence of the electorate may just be restored :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

DeVore wrote: »
    I've removed the "I didnt vote" option because it was screwing with the %'s.

Max, I will check your vote now and alter it if you voted incorrectly.

DeV.

Any chance you could make an announcement about the exit-poll?

The more input the better =)

@DeVore

keep an eye on multiple votes from same "foreign" ips

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Max.... I hate to say this but, you voted yes :)

I will correct the count at the end... I hope you didnt do the same at the real vote! :p

DeV.
    maybe i was blinded by the "yes to jobs" slogan then

And, no I didnt:p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

turgon wrote: »
    Currently 92 Yes - 64 No. Waiting for the rereg accounts to kick in any time now ;)

Just have to wait for the p.ie "Lads, there's a new poll at boards.ie, get over there!" thread ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Stark wrote: »
    Just have to wait for the p.ie "Lads, there's a new poll at boards.ie, get over there!" thread ;)

Too late it's already there :(

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

It will if its a yes :pac:

Anyone know how accurate this poll was last year?
    Last time our "What way are you GOING to vote" was accurate to a very high degree... 0.1% as I recall.

I think our exit poll was also pretty accurate. This time round I feel that Boards has had an attempt to highjack it somewhat, which we have done well to halt, but votes are votes and with a small sample size its margin of error may be larger.

I predict a 53/47 Yes outcome with my magic 8 ball.

DeV.

Indeed, they're probably just distracted by something shiny at the moment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

You are right, what a thick notion:(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Stark wrote: »

Presumably they'll be voting the same in the real poll, so I don't see a problem with them voting here too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭moondogspot

On politics.ie there are far & away more No's compared to the amount of Yesses here.;)

Either way it's definitely going to go down to the wire.

Rb wrote: »

Ganleys head?

:D

The one nagging feeling I have is that some other country will force a referendum (like the UK perhaps) and crush this treaty and all of this will have been for naught!

DeV.

Presumably they'll be voting the same in the real poll, so I don't see a problem with them voting here too

But one cant vote multiple times in real thing without committing an offence

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 motherFocker

If the actual result is anything like the exit poll currently is, my faith in the intelligence of the electorate may just be restored :)

Oh dear. Lord forgive them for they know not what they do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

The one nagging feeling I have is that some other country will force a referendum (like the UK perhaps) and crush this treaty and all of this will have been for naught!

DeV.

I think you need a constitution first in order to force a referendum. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭geuro

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    And once you do vote what are you going to do? You can only vote once.

A Exit poll it for people who HAVE voted. Not for those who will vote, might vote or can't vote.

Yeah i know what an exit poll is thanks.

The problem is that in this poll there is no way for someone who has not voted yet to see how the exit poll is shaping up.

I would say that by removing the 'haven't voted yet' or 'don't know' option, lots of users who have still not cast their vote will simply pick an answer so they can take a peek. I intend to vote yes after work, so i would have chosen yes. you can be sure there are lots of 'might votes' in this "exit poll".

If it's a genuine exit poll you're after, you aren't going to get it here.

Perhaps its the sight of the shiny German Navy ships waiting for ratification so they can invade us and introduce mandatory abortion, euthanasia for all 70+ year olds and €1.84 minimum wage. Because, you know, the Germans care that much about Ireland that they would want to force us to do such things.

So, how did it feel to be on the Yes side as opposed to the No side? My experience changing over was rather pleasant. I particularly liked the way I didn't have to duck around questions anymore and the way I could actually reference the treaty completely while still supporting my point. And the cookies, of course ;)

Oh dear. Lord forgive them for they know not what they do.
    Sorry, but it's pretty inexcusable for people to still be voting No based on "I don't know", so you should ask your "Lord" to withhold his forgiveness for these idiots.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

There's some really poor attitdues here on both sides labelling people have the opinion opposite to yours as idiots - like above

"my faith in the intelligence of the electorate may just be restored"

if they agree with me they're intelligent
    if not they're dribbling idiots

people need to cop on - everyone has there own agenda whats going to beneficial from this treaty or not will not be blanket beneficial for everyone or detrimental to everyone,
    I'm so ****ing glad this is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

On politics.ie there are far & away more No's compared to the amount of Yesses here.;)

Either way it's definitely going to go down to the wire.
    thats always been the way it is though.. as far as I remember p.ie and boards both had polls before the last referendum, the p.ie result was a resounding no and boards was 50:50...

I think the worry is that the P.ie people just might be inclined to vote more than once here.

Perhaps its the sight of the shiny German Navy ships waiting for ratification so they can invade us and introduce mandatory abortion, euthanasia for all 70+ year olds and €1.84 minimum wage. Because, you know, the Germans care that much about Ireland that they would want to force us to do such things.

http://www.anphoblacht.com/news/images/2009/09/17/sf-poster-2.jpg

anyone know the make of the tank in the poster

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 kenneth5

DeV.

Just on this point do the tory's want a referendum to be held in Britain before it is passed? And what are the chances of that happening if they win the next election which they most likely will?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Sorry, but it's pretty inexcusable for people to still be voting No based on "I don't know", so you should ask your "Lord" to withhold his forgiveness for these idiots.

and again - you've a pretty terrible attitude.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement