Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisbon Treaty - Exit Poll

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

kenneth5 wrote: »
    Voted No this morning. Reckon the treaty will be passed though.:(
    unfortunately i am in the same boat.

In an interesting sidenote ,although I voted no in the poll on this thread, my vote was counted as yes. Wonder wtf is up with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Looks like the foreign shills havent hit the poll yet.

Jumpy wrote: »
    ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Max Power1 wrote: »
    unfortunately i am in the same boat.

In an interesting sidenote ,although I voted no in the poll on this thread, my vote was counted as yes. Wonder wtf is up with that?

Imagination?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Jumpy wrote: »
    Any minute now; they've just copped on to it. Expect a big jump in 'No's' in the next while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 kenneth5

I see that only 7 per cent voted by lunch time. Extremely disappointing to see such a disinterest amolngst irish people on this. I mean people don't realise how lucky we are to have the right to vote. SOme of the people I asked about voting they said they're not bothered. Just like that. Didn't even give a reason - just zero interest in exercising their democratic obligation. I don't what's more depressing, the fact that the irish electorate are gonna be scared, intimidated into passing a treaty they already rejected or the apathy that is so ripe amongst the masses. Those who don't take the time to put an x in a box should be ashamed

Rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Croga wrote: »
    agreed, good idea lads?
    Wouldn't it just be trolled if we put it in AH?

marco_polo wrote: »
    Imagination?
    well clearly not so much. My vote is listed as a yes in the poll. Why the hell would I vote yes? Even read under my name and it will show you that:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭happyfriday74

The conspiracy nuts and deluded desk top internet activists on politics.ie will be on soon to vote no, multiple times no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Back from voting now, did the right thing and voted Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Max Power1 wrote: »
    well clearly not so much. My vote is listed as a yes in the poll. Why the hell would I vote yes? Even read under my name and it will show you that:rolleyes:

It's a private poll? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

I see that only 7 per cent voted by lunch time. Extremely disappointing to see such a disinterest amolngst irish people on this. I mean people don't realise how lucky we are to have the right to vote. SOme of the people I asked about voting they said they're not bothered. Just like that. Didn't even give a reason - just zero interest in exercising their democratic obligation. I don't what's more depressing, the fact that the irish electorate are gonna be scared, intimidated into passing a treaty they already rejected or the apathy that is so ripe amongst the masses. Those who don't take the time to put an x in a box should be ashamed

Rant over

I wouldn't read too much into the early turnout figures to be honest. Last year RTE estimated a 40% turnout when the polls had closed, having reported a slow turnout all day.

They ended up being way off we had a healthy enough 53% turnout.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Adamisconfused

Considering that we had a largely bloodless civil war over the last few weeks, the turnout should be high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭geuro

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    What the point of having an 'I didn't vote option'? Polls haven't closed yet and exit polls by definition ask questions of those who voted hense thier accuracy relative to opinion polls.

well i didnt vote yet, so thats the option i chose

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    I wouldn't read too much into the early turnout figures to be honest. Last year RTE estimated a 40% turnout when the polls had closed, having reported a slow turnout all day.

They ended up being way off we had a healthy enough 53% turnout.

You may very well be right. We'll wait and see.

No matter what way it goes i think one thing that's for sure is that it is gonna be as tight as a ducks hole

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Voted yes with a big smile on my face. Have a sinking feeling though. I shouldn't be able to tell straight off by just looking at people but anyone around the polling booths in Blessington looked just like a no voter.

Voltwad wrote: »
    Voted yes with a big smile on my face. Have a sinking feeling though. I shouldn't be able to tell straight off by just looking at people but anyone around the polling booths in Blessington looked just like a no voter.

How does someone look like a no voter?

geuro wrote: »
    well i didnt vote yet, so thats the option i chose

And once you do vote what are you going to do? You can only vote once.

A Exit poll it for people who HAVE voted. Not for those who will vote, might vote or can't vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭moondogspot

They look confident and know exactly what they are doing.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

I backed a no result, 8/1 in local bookies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

Maybe this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

A kalasnakov in one hand and a picture of an abortion in the other ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Dead baby t-shirts.

They wear pyjamas to the polling station?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've removed the "I didnt vote" option because it was screwing with the %'s.

Max, I will check your vote now and alter it if you voted incorrectly.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Voltwad wrote: »
    Lol, I thought this myself when I saw the swarm of elderly people and lads in celtic jerseys/matching tracksuits/etc at the polling station.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭stevensi

Just a quick question..I voted early this morning and used a tick to vote Yes; should i have done an X and if so will my vote not be counted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 motherFocker

Was sure this exit poll would be a lot closer. I fear we make really be a thick nation after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

stevensi wrote:
    Just a quick question..I voted early this morning and used a tick to vote Yes; should i have done an X and if so will my vote not be counted?

They say to use an "X" but I believe they'll still count a tick once the intent is obvious.
    Was sure this exit poll would be a lot closer. I fear we make really be a thick nation after all.

Because 50/50 would suggest that there was more involved than simply tossing a coin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

http://dynimg.rte.ie/0000a5cb0D2.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement