Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Kirby wrote: »
    None of the PR people of capcom america has anything to do with the balacing of the game, s-kill included.

I would trust the players who play the game, more than the PR people who know very little about the game. Every source has claimed that his new ultra is truly horrendous.

Ye, capcom also said they wouldnt nerf anyone but they did a lot of nerfing. I do believe he cant combo into it and hes still crap. He got some cool sunglasses though so thats alright.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Kirby wrote:
    Obviously, everybody see's things from their own point of view. But my take on dhalsim is based on logic, not some fanboyish wish for "buffs".

But everyone thinks that their take on there own character is based on logic. Look at the forums on shoryuken.

Yes Ryu and Sagat have lots of decent players. But there is actually very few decent Sagats in America. There is no one in Europe or America that can match the level of the top Sagats in Japan.

In the top 50 in Japan there is only 1 Dhasim in the top 50 but the same is true for Blanka, C. Viper, Chun-Li, E. Honda, M. Bison and Zangief. There is no Elfs, Vega or Guiles. So Sim is not significantly worse off than half the cast. There is only 3 Kens and 2 Abels so Sim isn't significantly worse than them either.
    Kirby wrote:
    Makoto, Juri, Hakkan, Dudley....these new guys are going to absolutely destroy him. Thats a given due to their moveset and playstyles. Most of the cast have been given new options and mixups and dhalsim's has the same old same old.

No its not, this what everone is doing over in the shoryuken forums making assumptions without having played the game. Hakkans play style is most similar to Gief which Dhalsim can match. So unless you have proof that Hakkan is better than Gief you could just as easily say that this match up is even or slight Sim advantage.

Wasn't Dudleys weakness in 3rd Strike ability to beat turtle characters and characters with good pokes.

Do all these characters have a magical ability to get around Sims zoning game. The answer is we don't know and will have to wait and see. But its just pure speculation at the moment.

And speculation goes both ways.

If you go down through all the known and some of the speculated changes for all the current characters and look at Sim, there is pretty much an even split between gain and loss. While other changes have no real effect on some of Sims match ups. This is true for most other characters as well.

Sim should be even with Sagat in SSF IV and have a clear advantage over Ryu. Zangief should be easier. Rufus should be easier. Cammy easier.

As for new mix up options. I have seen very few new mix up options for anyone. Most of the cast can't really do anything different, except the same things they do now will have different damage properties or extend combo's.

Kirby wrote:
    I would trust the players who play the game, more than the PR people who know very little about the game. Every source has claimed that his new ultra is truly horrendous.

Justin Wong thought Gief and Bison where 2nd and 3rd best characters in the game for a few weeks after the release of SF IV. Wong even though El Fuerte was possible S-Tier due to his infinite. Even pro's need weeks to figure out game balance. Opinons can change many months after release.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The live demo of Super we watched was definitely faster across the board.

The game is mean't to be faster alright, but reports say Ken and Blanka have got additional speed increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Dudley will destroy sim azza. seriously. I would wager it will end up being his toughest matchup. You can't even stick out a limb against him.

As for Hakkan, he's quicker than gief. He can grab you from half screen away. He has a Blanka slide. These are things that will make him tricky. Nowhere near as tough as Dudley but potentially quite hard.

T-Hawk might be the "best" matchup for sim out of the new guys. Depends on what sort of recovery is on his mid air headbutt launcher. But I would feel the most comfortable fighting him than the other new chars.

• Advertisement

On what grounds do you say any of this. Why can you not stick a limb out against Dudley?. Do we know how difficult it is yet for Dudley to get around Sims yoga fire and limbs?. Do you know if he can beat Sim's anti airs?. I'm sure Dudley rocks up close but the thing is no one knows how effectively Dhalsim can zone him.

Hakkan quicker than Gief, how much quicker, in the video previews he did not seem noticable faster, its very marginal anyway, how does his damage output compare to Gief?. If he scores a knockdown is his pressure as good as Gief? How viable are his super and ultras.
    If he has Blanka slide it means nothing, its probably as unsafe as all other slide moves. Bison, Vega and Blanka's slide do not break Dhalsim.

Its all a big unknown. You can't say anything with certainty. Unless you have some evidence I haven't seen I could just as easily say Sim will own them and T.Hawk will own Sim. There is zero evidence suggest to either cenario is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'm looking forward to playing as DeeJay, he's one of my most played characters in HD Remix.

I'll play in the fullest of confidence that if Hakan uses his poop ultra, I'll slide towards my death with a smile on my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Kirby wrote: »
    Obviously, everybody see's things from their own point of view. But my take on dhalsim is based on logic, not some fanboyish wish for "buffs".

At the moment he is middle of the road, at best. Ryu, Sagat, Akuma, etc have hundreds of quality players maining them in America, europe and Japan. Dhalsim has two. That should tell you alot about his current incarnation.

You have to also factor in the fact that sim plays very differently to most other characters. You are assuming everyone will enjoy that play style but just don't play him due to where he is on the tier list etc.

I can't stand playing the run away game, and I wouldn't main sim regardless of how good he is or is not rated.

Ryu sagat akuma are fun to play characters for a lot of people.

Azza wrote: »
    . There is no one in Europe or America that can match the level of the top Sagats in Japan.

What about Ryan Hart?

@ kirby again

Have you played 3s? I don't get your issue with Dudley. I could see the 3s characters in particular having a lot of issues with zoning characters due to them coming from a game with little to no zoning.

Ibuki might have been good cause she has a load of fast moves to get in, and fast mix ups to mess with them.

But they've NERFED said moves massively from what I've seen. Her over head takes 3 years to land. She actually hangs in the air for a second. 3s ibuki would have landed that over head 5 times in that space of time :p

Her other move, which also hit as an overhead , was a jump from different parts of the screen onto their heads style move. Very easy to land in 3s, and in 3s the ex version almost instantly got to them and automatically zoned in on them.

So far it seems useless in super, misses every time, even the ex.

I knew it was coming cause she'd have raped a lot of corner campers with this stuff , I can only imagine they did similar things to the others (I didnt play as dudley or makoto a lot so I wouldn't notice such stuff from vids)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I don't think Ryan considers himself on the leve of top Japanese Sagats (could be wrong but that's not the impression I got from him talking about how he and Alioune were doing vs Daigo/Fuudo/Eita in France).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Daigo said himself Alioune is top quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I hate all you Cannes name droppin whores** :mad:

**Not really

Ry wrote: »
    Daigo said himself Alioune is top quality.

Ye i thought the general feeling was that alioune is better than ryan hart now and probably the best sagat outside of japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Why are people trying to disect the game so much when it's not even out yet? Sure loketest reports/change lists are something to go by but obv they are not definitive and 100% informative. Just wait till the fooking game coems out and play it >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Because people get excited about new releases! Me included.

Jim wrote: »
    Because people get excited about new releases! Me included.

Sure people get excited but imo it's a bit stupid to attempt to dissect the game that much

Some people on SRK have the characters they are going to use in SSF4 in their sig, like cmon, how do you know that?

Like I know some people are thinking of experimenting with the new cast etc but isn't a bit early to be posting your SSF4 "main" yet? >.>

Ramza wrote: »
    Sure people get excited but imo it's a bit stupid to attempt to dissect the game that much

Some people on SRK have the characters they are going to use in SSF4 in their sig, like cmon, how do you know that?

Like I know some people are thinking of experimenting with the new cast etc but isn't a bit early to be posting your SSF4 "main" yet? >.>

The worst was people saying they were maining months before he was even revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Bush80 wrote: »
    The worst was people saying they were maining months before he was even revealed.
    To be fair the full new cast list has been well-known since September.

Vyze wrote: »
    To be fair the full new cast list has been well-known since September.

Ye but nobody had even seen him. Saying you are maining a rumoured brand new character is just dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

We trusted the rumours - and the rumours were true.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sagat06 wrote: »
    I hate all you Cannes name droppin whores** :mad:

**Not really

I was actually talking to Deiminion about name dropping just so I could make this joke.

Seriously, I did!

• Advertisement

Dreddybajs wrote: »

Cool. BTW WTF is Ken saying at the start/end of his new ultra? I think at the start I can hear "This'll work!" or something, and at the end he says something like "One more [something]"

Curious :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sagat's TU -> FADC -> f+HK -> Ultra doesn't fully connect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Did anyone watch seth's new demo for hakan? Man he can move around while focusing! And apparently you can do his command throw where he squeezes you into the air, do the oil slide to caych em as they land and I think they mentioned you can follow that up with his throw that works has anti-air. That damage output is sounding very tempting!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/hakan-walkthrough-super-street/63426

http://gytnews.com/articles/interviews/seth-killian-talks-hakan-tournaments-and-other-goodies.html

So who wants to be first in line to kneel before ZOD.....eerr I mean my Psycho Power!

Azza wrote: »
    So who wants to be first in line to kneel before ZOD.....eerr I mean my Psycho Power!

It's on like f&^king donkey kong.

For all the crap Sonic Hurricane is getting, it looks like it'll shut down a fireball game at mid screen and it looks pretty much unpunishable on block in that series dreddy posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Dreddybajs wrote: »

Man, that counter Ultra of Cammy's does some serious beats if it connects.

Lol, yeah, "if" being the important word. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Hmm, maybe I'm just used to the Vanilla guy, that new announcer doesn't feel right to me yet. Technically, he's probably better, but he doesn't quite pull off "Ladies and gentlemen, the ultimate streetfighter!" with the same enthusiasm (see Akuma vs Gouken in Dreddybajs' link, around 1:30).

Anyhow, I'm gonna stop looking at new videos, there'll be no surprises left for when I actually get the game.

Advertisement