Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

bush wrote: »
    Not looking for much are you?

It really isn't all that much, it's pretty much all stuff that makes sense and really should be there in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

The Hound wrote: »
    Just copy and paste it all from your srk post. Can you link your changes in here plz?

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/172108/ae-2013-gouken-request-list/p5

There is no big list, but thhey are discussed and argued over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Dont ever link me srk again. FML. Its an instant blood boil forum. I just wanted to laugh at the change list someone posted for sh#ts n giggles like the cody list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

That Gouken thread looks a bit mental. SRK can be a mess sometimes but the Guy players have always seems polite and knowledgeable. I remember the Fei forums being good too, but that was vanilla so its probably changed a lot since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 IIII Easy IIII

Does anybody ACTUALLY believe that capcom has a team scouring those threads and taking notes? Personally, I think they'll just do whatever the hell they want (It's capcom afterall) and when the new version is out and the changes are announced you will either be saying "I suggested that, wow, capcom really listened" or "why didn't I think of that?" but you will most likely be saying "F*ck you Capcon, You broke a perfectly good game!".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Combofeind has said several times he's actively reading the feedback on Capcom unity, so here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Didnt they look at polls when adding additional characters to SF:AE ? or was it for SFxTEKKEN
    either way, they listen more than any other company.

anyway while i realise these changes are important for everyones character,
    i'm more excited about seeing the new roster. Hopefully new stages too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Danonino. wrote: »
    That Gouken thread looks a bit mental.

Goukens

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Nascimento

That Akuma vid is brilliant. Trolling at its finest.

Increase sweep by +1F so it balances it out! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

This game can be a dick sometimes. Hakan, El Fuerte, Seth and to a lesser extent Akuma are fecking rage inducing. Actually Viper too, if it was possible to murder fictional computergame characters I'd pay good money to see them swimming with the fishes off morning mist bay >:(

Assassins fist funded off of kickstarter. We might get some good live action SF :o

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1689785997/street-fighter-assassins-fist-kickstarter-campaign/comments

Just in case you haven't seen our 'Update' announcement I'll publish it here. I'm delighted to announce some very exciting news!

Although the KickStarter campaign has built a little slowly it has brought a couple of supporters to us who really love what we are trying to do. In fact they love it so much they are going to back us with the money we need to get started.

So we are pleased to announce that we look like we are good to go, and our vision of a Street Fighter series made by fans for fans will happen.

So we'd like to thank everyone who has pledged. Your support has been amazingly encouraging, and we really feel that without you we'd not be where we are. So we've taken the decision not to delay getting on with things, by letting the campaign run, and we are going to withdraw the project.

It also means that you, our friends, will not have to dig into your own pockets to help us out, much as we know you were happy to do so. Your pledges will be cancelled. Most of the rewards we've published will be available later through commercial channels, so DVDs, t-shirts and books will still be available to you at some point.

We really want you to keep in touch so please check out our Facebook page, and website regularly. We'll have some more cast announcements shortly which we think you'll love and of course even more news as we start filming. Thanks again you've been brilliant supporters and in a very real way have made it all happen.

Love, hugs and Shoryukens to you all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

We might get some good live action SF :o

We already did.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Let us not forget the immortal words of Raul Julia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Terrible movie ... a proper updated one would not go astray. Animated version far superior and had all the moves in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Terrible movie ... a proper updated one would not go astray. Animated version far superior and had all the moves in it.

What do you mean terrible:pac:

Just moved to Korea and playing on a Japanese account, so I'm just gonna share my experience...

Everything is footsie orientated. They never jump in and never wake up ultra.

So so many ryu's though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Nascimento wrote: »
    They never jump in and never wake up ultra.

Scrubs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Is the change list likely to be released long before the update?

• Advertisement

bush wrote: »
    Scrubs

Suckers for empty jump tornado throw though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

j.hk, tornado throw is dabesssst. j.hk whiffs on nearly everyone so you just land and get a TT every time :pac:

Actually I take it all back....started playing ranked today for the first time, and holy **** they're scrubby. Constant jump ins, constant dp's, and constant wake-up ultras. Even from guys with near 4k pp.

I swear there was a better standard in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Closet?

Since S+ is listed as as tier and Seth is already listed, I'm guessing Akuma get's Justin's OP stamp. I think the next list is going to be more interesting to see where he places characters like Guy, Yang, Feurte etc.

Also, guess I should learn Akuma as a Honda 'partner' and stop screwing around with Sakura and Gen, since my Guile is worse than my fiddle playing and I can't do instant air crossup burnkicks...

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Everyone should learn Akuma. Everyone already has a pocket Cammy, Seth and Fei

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Some interesting system changes suggested by Jav1ts.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/may/01/system-change-suggestions-street-fighter-4-jav1ts/

I don't like this 3rd suggestion though.

Azza wrote: »
    Some interesting system changes suggested by Jav1ts.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/may/01/system-change-suggestions-street-fighter-4-jav1ts/

I don't like this 3rd suggestion though.

Any particular reason you dislike the third one?

Interesting first suggestion, I know FADC always feels like a waste when you're playing charge.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I feel for the most part if someone gets a hard knockdown they deserve to get a set up. The deserve to force the opponent to least block a hard strength jump in and at least be able to start a block string/throw pressure game. With a delay-able hard knockdown, safe jumps would go out the window as you would find yourself whiff jumping on a still grounded opponent, and if you tried to counter that by delaying your jump in and then you could eat a reversal. Its like giving the person who was knocked down a mix up (like Blanka's Ex.Rainbow Ball :P). Aside from which he was talking about Ryu but he is the only one with an auto brain dead set up off sweep. Everyone else has to work a bit harder to safe jump.

Generally charge characters don't get as much from the FADC system as non charge characters do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

OK, so FADC isn't nearly as useful but the actual resource that you were going to spend on it is exactly as useful. You just use it for EX moves or super instead. It's one less option but that's why character choice exists; they're just a given set of options, after all.

Advertisement