Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Ain't nothing been posted about Ibuki.. Shame. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's only -2 on hit and AJK can be combo'd after.

Lots of characters have tight links for bnbs. No point complaining about them when a character is so good in other areas.
    -2 on hit is stupid, end-of.

Minus on HIT for any special is bollox - why should I be penalised for using the right move at the right time?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    -2 on hit is stupid, end-of.

Minus on HIT for any special is bollox - why should I be penalised for using the right move at the right time?

Yeah, why should any move which has the incredibly powerful property of changing a characters air trajectory in a 2D FG have anything less than amazing frame data to go with it.

Yeah, why should any move which has the incredibly powerful property of changing a characters air trajectory in a 2D FG have anything less than amazing frame data to go with it.
    I'm talking about regular, from-the-ground Jagga. Eating a mashed 360 ON HIT is retarded.

Make it +-0 on hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'm talking about regular, from-the-ground Jagga. Eating a mashed 360 ON HIT is retarded.

Make it +-0 on hit.

It's fast, breaks armour, and is safe against the vast majority of the cast. Adon does not need any buffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Does anyone even use the grounded version though? Isn't the air one mainly used?

EDIT: Forgot ground breaks armour.

And lol @ suggesting Adon buffs.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Azza wrote: »
    Ryan Hart]And in my opinion, the fact that they only changed like 2 things since the old version shows me they do not understand this character and how he works in this game. It's so ridiculous that in fact no Sagat ever uses this in the corner, you spend time cornering certain characters and when you finally do the ultra, not only doesn't it hit properly doing a only a slither of the damage it should but then they get sent to the other side of the screen, totally ridiculous.
    Bolded the important parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

is it just a rebalance or is there going to be new characters?

Placebo wrote: »
    Considering that Ono said he was showing the SF team it's possible to port SFxT characters into SFIV, could be both.

• Advertisement

Placebo wrote: »

Nothing concrete but I suspect there will be new characters.

Reason being- we're a few months off the release of a new generation of consoles, and people play 2012. There's no actual financial reason for a 2013 patch for SF4- unless there is something to sell, or something to promote.

I seriously doubt this is just an altruistic thing for the tournament scene, but maybe, I guess. More likely... they have SOMETHING to charge for.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

"Yes, we've ported ALL the SFxT costumes over to AE; $2 each"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Considering that Ono said he was showing the SF team it's possible to port SFxT characters into SFIV, could be both.

Better yet, Put Seth in SFXT

Kanped wrote: »
    "Yes, we've ported ALL the SFxT costumes over to AE; $2 each"

533596_304100776372925_1970513617_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45 IIII Easy IIII

Normally I just skim over what's happening in this thread and move on but the Adon comments caught my attention, (seeing as I main him). I could write a whole book on the subject but instead I'll just ask/pose a question to anyone that thinks Adon is OP. Name 3 players on the tournament scene that MAIN Adon and place well consistently!? Everyone knows Gamerbee of course, Justin Wong doesn't MAIN Adon!, so name 2 more Adon players. Adon is NOT op and if you think he is then you only play online and don't know how to play against him. Personally I think that ssfiv is absolutely fine as is and would tell capcom to shove their 2013 "patch" up their wallet raping asses! However, seeing as they are making changes I have to agree that a -2 on Jaguar kick on HIT is rediculous!!! How quick would it be patched if Ryus uppercut could could be ultra'd on HIT by Gief,Hawk,Ibuki,Guy,Hakan,Balrog, and probably more, and also command grabbed by anyone that has one! ON HIT!!! Not to mention the startup on Jaguar kick that ANY normal will beat! Sure, Bitch about Adon all you want coz you can't beat him ONLINE, But try using him competitively and you'll soon stop using jaguar kicks altogether! Have a nice day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Adon is easy mode. Any retard could use him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Normally I just skim over what's happening in this thread and move on but the Adon comments caught my attention, (seeing as I main him). I could write a whole book on the subject but instead I'll just ask/pose a question to anyone that thinks Adon is OP. Name 3 players on the tournament scene that MAIN Adon and place well consistently!? Everyone knows Gamerbee of course, Justin Wong doesn't MAIN Adon!, so name 2 more Adon players. Adon is NOT op and if you think he is then you only play online and don't know how to play against him. Personally I think that ssfiv is absolutely fine as is and would tell capcom to shove their 2013 "patch" up their wallet raping asses! However, seeing as they are making changes I have to agree that a -2 on Jaguar kick on HIT is rediculous!!! How quick would it be patched if Ryus uppercut could could be ultra'd on HIT by Gief,Hawk,Ibuki,Guy,Hakan,Balrog, and probably more, and also command grabbed by anyone that has one! ON HIT!!! Not to mention the startup on Jaguar kick that ANY normal will beat! Sure, Bitch about Adon all you want coz you can't beat him ONLINE, But try using him competitively and you'll soon stop using jaguar kicks altogether! Have a nice day

I'm sorry, who are you exactly and where have you been playing competitively?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Everyone else has too much self respect to main Adon.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Name 3 Seths who consistently place in tournaments. (Poongko and Mike Infinite didn't make top 8 last night)
    Name 3 Vipers.
    Name 3 Cammys
    Akumas, Fei longs etc. etc.

Yeah, questions like that don't mean anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Stupid grinning head on him.

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    Stupid grinning head on him.

No, you're thinking of Deejay :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

No, you're thinking of Deejay :D:D:D

... Who's Deejay again?

Jaysis lads we were all new once, getting a bit SRK in this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

When i was new in the community i didnt know cody has a bingo.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

And now that's the only move you use when you have 3 bars :P

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    And now that's the only move you use when you have 3 bars :P

please.... i use it every time i get one bar :D

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Sneak peek at Cammy's 2013 changes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 IIII Easy IIII

@Chopperbyrne - My gamertag is right there to your left, join me online or come to Tempest to play me. That's who I am. Who are you?
    @Kanped - I could name 5 players who play each of all those top-tier characters you listed, you missed the point I was trying to make, there are hardly any Adon players because he is neither op nor top tier, if you think he is then why doesn't anyone play him?
    @Doomy - You said it man, If I wanted retarded responses to my opinions I'd comment on your youtube vids lol JK ;)
    Hope to see you all @ Baa fights

• Advertisement

@Chopperbyrne - My gamertag is right there to your left, join me online or come to Tempest to play me. That's who I am. Who are you?
    @Kanped - I could name 5 players who play each of all those top-tier characters you listed, you missed the point I was trying to make, there are hardly any Adon players because he is neither op nor top tier, if you think he is then why doesn't anyone play him?
    @Doomy - You said it man, If I wanted retarded responses to my opinions I'd comment on your youtube vids lol JK ;)
    Hope to see you all @ Baa fights

Think he's got you, Chopper; what was the last tourney you entered?

Advertisement