Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭albel nox

I am not a Seth player but those seem like a large amount of nerfs for him. Remember his health is very low so he should be doing more damage than most.

I don't know all about Seth but these seem like a lot.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

albel nox wrote: »
    I am not a Seth player but those seem like a large amount of nerfs for him. Remember his health is very low so he should be doing more damage than most.

I don't know all about Seth but these seem like a lot.

Seth's an insanely good character as it stands, he has an option select to FADC his DP only on block!

He needs a good ol bang of the nerf stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭albel nox

Thats fair, i am not saying he doesn't deserve to get nerfs. But all that seems like a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Only two of those are damage nerfs, the rest I think are pretty agreeable

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jimpy

Hi,
    I have just joined the forum. I have had Super SFIV for about 3 years, I got my PS3 with the arcade stick. I had never done any online console games let alone beat em ups before this. I have played SSF on and off a lot but I have no where to play it offline so I even if I wanted to I doubt I could be good enough for any tournaments anyway. I live near Belfast so its not as if threes any where to PLay offline games to "train" but I am going to go to the Q_con this year to try and win the SSFIV tournament. TBH I just want to see if I don't suck its hard to tell online because of lag and stuff. In any case I doubt I am ever going to be obsessed enough to play one video game 24/7 like the pro gamer people but I would just like to try "competitive" beat em ups at least to find out what its like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Jimpy wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have just joined the forum. I have had Super SFIV for about 3 years, I got my PS3 with the arcade stick. I had never done any online console games let alone beat em ups before this. I have played SSF on and off a lot but I have no where to play it offline so I even if I wanted to I doubt I could be good enough for any tournaments anyway. I live near Belfast so its not as if threes any where to PLay offline games to "train" but I am going to go to the Q_con this year to try and win the SSFIV tournament. TBH I just want to see if I don't suck its hard to tell online because of lag and stuff. In any case I doubt I am ever going to be obsessed enough to play one video game 24/7 like the pro gamer people but I would just like to try "competitive" beat em ups at least to find out what its like.

The lads in Queens University have weekly meet ups to play offline casuals in the Students Union.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

If you want to play FGs offline around Belfast you should check out QUB Dragonslayers (the gaming club/society that runs Q-con), they have meetups on Tuesday nights from 6PM.

Be forewarned though that it's not what it used to be, our previously strong SF4 scene has withered away and been replaced with a bunch of loud kids screaming at PS Allstars. :(

If it's not out of your way it's worth checking out, we still have a few decent players around but turnouts aren't great most of the time.

You could also play against some of us online anyway and we could give you hints if you like.

Or pop down to Dublin for our tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

You could also play against some of us online anyway and we could give you hints if you like.

Or pop down to Dublin for our tournaments.

We still have those??

We still have those??

there's one for AE in July, there's an UMvC3/IGAU/TTT2 tournament this weekend!

• Advertisement

If you want to play FGs offline around Belfast you should check out QUB Dragonslayers (the gaming club/society that runs Q-con), they have meetups on Tuesday nights from 6PM.

Be forewarned though that it's not what it used to be, our previously strong SF4 scene has withered away and been replaced with a bunch of loud kids screaming at PS Allstars. :(

If it's not out of your way it's worth checking out, we still have a few decent players around but turnouts aren't great most of the time.

I know about it but I do something else on Tuesday. I did go once in first year three years ago but I didn't stay. In any case this was my final year this year and I didn't have my play station and I am not in Belfast now. I also have Blazblu and Tekken but not online. I will enter these tournaments for the craic, might as well.

Dublin is too far away I am not spending 100 euro to and stay in Dublin to play a game tournament. I am jimpytheoriginal on PSN if you want to add me, my internet is alright but its not the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Dublin is too far away I am not spending 100 euro to and stay in Dublin to play a game tournament. I am jimpytheoriginal on PSN if you want to add me, my internet is alright but its not the best.
    €100?

Do you live on the Aran Isles? :confused:

Loads of people come from Belfast, and none of them stay a night :)

I've travelled to plenty up north in my time. It's fun!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    €100?

Do you live on the Aran Isles? :confused:

Well I'm in Clare and every time I want to go to Dublin its at least 50 for the travel alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

I've stayed the night after Baa Fights. Minus food and drink, I think the travel and room came to about £35, and that was a private room.

Loads of people come from Belfast, and none of them stay a night :)

I've travelled to plenty up north in my time. It's fun!

To be honest I am just going to try the tournament at Q-con to see if I even like it. I really do suck by the way.

Thanks for visiting to Capcom booth and support to Dead Rising3!! We're making preparation for SF in EVO and SDCC!

Looks like Ono has something SF related to tell us at SDCC!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

If they announce Street Fighter 4/5 is exclusively coming to Xbox One...... that would be soul crushing.

Danonino. wrote: »
    If they announce Street Fighter 4/5 is exclusively coming to Xbox One...... that would be soul crushing.

Don't think that'd happen, seeing as Sony marched out Ono at the launch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I actually forgot that :D Was delighted I stayed up to watch it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Ono is MAD for Comic Con reveals. **** could be going down, lads!

More vaguely interesting news- SSF4 AE will be 3 of 5 for all of top 8 in AE. Also, SSF4 has been added to the WCG line up. E sports and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

SSFIVAEv2013 Rose changes have been leaked:

I've always felt she need a teleport and Guile's SF2 handcuffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

street_fighter_x_tekken_main_girls__by_reikosan-d4giw22.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Danonino. wrote: »

A new Street fighter game might get me interested in the next-gen consoles. And when I say new I mean Street Fighter 5. Not Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition Turbo or some such thing.

Yoshinori Ono ‏@Yoshi_OnoChin 58s
    So SF r&d and strategy team will be making preparation about announcing something for SF update at EVO13 and SDCC!
    !

Plus a teaser image of some book with the Super Street Fighter 2 logo on it...

gzsIS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

whats this bull**** book, when are these announcements, date wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Evo is July 12-14, SDCC is the following weekend.

• Advertisement

Placebo wrote: »
    whats this bull**** book

Who knows, possibly the next version will be champion edition or something?

Advertisement