Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Some of the stages made by the PC dudes are class. I was looking through them a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Nutrient wrote: »
    interesting, this is what all the commotions about in case nobodys aware

Also this:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

In case you missed it, NEC had probably the best final of any AE tournament ever just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

In case you missed it, NEC had probably the best final of any AE tournament ever just now.

Who was it?

edit: Never mind I checked there.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

• Advertisement

I feel sorry for Ryan- I know he puts a lot of time and effort into making the Japanese players feel welcome when they're in Europe with him- but I think if I said that about my employer, suspension would be the least of my worries :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

In fairness to Ryan:

It must suck to spend all that time playing host to, and looking after Momochi and Mago, only to see that generousity repaid by them being the only people able to beat him at the tournament. He could have been a dick and abandoned them at an airport somewhere and he probably would have taken this tournament.

But:
    • That tweet was really stupid
    • There's no guarantee he would have been good enough to beat Momochi (not his teammate) if Mago hadn't been sent; making his rage kinda moot
    • From a tactical standpoint, Matcatz made the right call, as one of their players won the UK qualifier

It's definitely a shame to see this happen to one of Europe's top players though. It's always nice to see Europe do well at international events, and we're probably gonna see one less EU player for a while because Ryan threw the toys out of the pram.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

[*]There's no guarantee he would have been good enough to beat Momochi (not his teammate) if Mago hadn't been sent; making his rage kinda moot

Top two qualify though, so he most likely would have finished second at least.

Madcatz however made the right call for their team. They want their best players at the Grand Finals in San Francisco and this was Mago's last chance to qualify. They couldn't control what other sponsored players attended the tournament, only give the Madcatz brand it's best chance of being represented at the finals by sending as many of their as yet unqualified players.

Ryan should be dropped from his contract for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

In fairness to Ryan:

It must suck to spend all that time playing host to, and looking after Momochi and Mago, only to see that generousity repaid by them being the only people able to beat him at the tournament. He could have been a dick and abandoned them at an airport somewhere and he probably would have taken this tournament.

But:
    • That tweet was really stupid
    • There's no guarantee he would have been good enough to beat Momochi (not his teammate) if Mago hadn't been sent; making his rage kinda moot
    • From a tactical standpoint, Matcatz made the right call, as one of their players won the UK qualifier

It's definitely a shame to see this happen to one of Europe's top players though. It's always nice to see Europe do well at international events, and we're probably gonna see one less EU player for a while because Ryan threw the toys out of the pram.

Regional events should be for players from that region only IMHO. We nearly got caught with that one ourselves in June 2011 with Problem Y only for the Stev0-thebeast-knev022 wall. Just my opinion given the type of tournament it is and all.

Excellent Rage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Problem x only came from the Uk though imagine how salty we'd be if mago flew over to take the Irish evo qualifier spot.

• Advertisement

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Regional events should be for players from that region only IMHO. We nearly got caught with that one ourselves in June 2011 with Problem Y only for the Stev0-thebeast-knev022 wall. Just my opinion given the type of tournament it is and all.

Excellent Rage though.

Yeah I agree, but the crux here is Madcatz VS Ryan Hart, whereas the tournament organisation (afaik) lies with Capcom.

I imagine for them it's more advantageous to NOT restrict entrants by region in order to have big names like Momochi and Mago appearing on streams for their games to increase viewership of the 25th anniversary tournament. The quality of play in the early stages of the tournament were shockingly bad.

Probably the MOST ideal thing for them would be to have Daigo at every single qualifier :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    Problem x only came from the Uk though imagine how salty we'd be if mago flew over to take the Irish evo qualifier spot.

We are a little different to the UK in that we have to run events ourselves so we kinda have to offer prizes to ourselves only. The day capcom front everything and run one here is when they can change how its done, but I can't see that happening anytime soon.

Given this is a 25 anniversary event I think it should have been 'region locked' - just imo.

Top two qualify though, so he most likely would have finished second at least.

Madcatz however made the right call for their team. They want their best players at the Grand Finals in San Francisco and this was Mago's last chance to qualify. They couldn't control what other sponsored players attended the tournament, only give the Madcatz brand it's best chance of being represented at the finals by sending as many of their as yet unqualified players.

Ryan should be dropped from his contract for this.

For one outburst?
    Get the hell outta here.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    For one outburst?
    Get the hell outta here.

Just out of curiousity, how many childish outbursts do you think someone who signs a sponsorship contract should get?

Also how well do you think someone can represent a brand after saying "F*ck this brand"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

o****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Just out of curiousity, how many childish outbursts do you think someone who signs a sponsorship contract should get?

Also how well do you think someone can represent a brand after saying "F*ck this brand"?

Like the rest of us, hes just a normal guy whos wants to play some FGs

He apologized for acting the way he did

I understand why hes upset though, as the team they should look out for each other

I say F that personally but w/e

TBH if I did the same I would expect the sack. Not even as a public figure!

Western Wolves are now in the uncomfortable position of letting someone go who's been a very good ambassador for them in many ways (as I said, Ryan is well known for looking after the Japanese players when they're abroad, he's fluent in Japanese and the Americans seem to respect him very much ) or potentially annoying a big sponsor of theirs (it's them that are sponsored by Madcatz, not Ryan directly) by keeping him.

So I'd guess this comes down to how Madcatz responds.

Is it just me or did Mago not look exactly pleased himself after beating Ryan?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

[/B]
    For one outburst?
    Get the hell outta here.
    Nutrient wrote: »
    Like the rest of us, hes just a normal guy whos wants to play some FGs

He apologized for acting the way he did

I understand why hes upset though, as the team they should look out for each other

I say F that personally but w/e

He has his tournament expenses paid for and likely receives lots of free equipment too and he made a very negative public statement about his sponsors.

If I made a negative public statement about the company I work for on facebook or twitter I could be sacked too.

He has his tournament expenses paid for and likely receives lots of free equipment too and he made a very negative public statement about his sponsors.

If I made a negative public statement about the company I work for on facebook or twitter I could be sacked too.

Yea, very true

Well, guess we gotta wait and see

Anyone like the suffix RS|Ryan Hart?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

ovGsF.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

PR Balrog dropping rog for Adon

PR Adon

At least one.
    Because everyone gets emotional (especially for such a high-stakes tournament as the 25th anniversary), and this feels worse than F1 team orders.

And an outburst is not "childish"; get off your high horse.

And an outburst is not "childish"; get off your high horse.

In this case it certainly was.

Also: lol @ high horse comment. You seem to be telling people to get off horses a lot these days :pac:
    This is a problem for football fans in general, not all "console peasants".

Get off your high horse!

No need to be randomly and bizarrely aggressive Kiki, just makes you look silly.

Play nice kids...

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Found our new main event for baa fights

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Play nice kids...

FT5 please!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Is it just me or did Mago not look exactly pleased himself after beating Ryan?

Very much so, he was visibly upset, I think he respects Ryan a lot and appreciates all that Ryan had done for him this weekend after he missed his flight, and upsetting/hurting a friend like that isn't nice.

I think it would be fair if Ryan was to lose his sponsorship, he's representing his team (WW) and sponsor (MCZ) when he plays.
    He was the first player in the FGC to be sponsored as well, he should know better than to post like that.

I hope that MadCatz and WW can sort it out without him losing it though, he has been an asset to both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I hope the guy doesn't lose his contract but he should count himself lucky if he doesn't. Bashing what you're meant to be endorsing on twitter is stupid there's no two ways about it.

As far as MCZ sending Mago to the tournament I can't see how he can really have a problem with it. There is a serious prize pot for the finals and I don't see Mago being too happy if he was denied a chance to qualify because his sponsors were looking out for another team members interests. They call it a team but it's not really is it? I doubt he even thinks that really, more than likely just a reaction from being pissed off at not qualifying. At the end of the day if you want the top prize at a tournament you have to beat everyone that shows up.

As far as region lock goes it's unlikely a tournament run by Capcom will ever place having an even distribution of players from different regions ahead of having as many big names as possible because it wouldn't be as good for them in terms of interest in the whole thing.

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Found our new main event for baa fights
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    FT5 please!

Come at me Kiki bro!

I'll be atop the world's shortest horse

article-1268831-094D2782000005DC-857_634x757.jpg

• Advertisement

Come at me Kiki bro!

I'll be atop the world's shortest horse