Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

So from reading twitter, it seems that Ryan also missed his chance in the Paris qualifier because they forgot to put him in the brackets, while Mago already lost a qualifying tourney in Japan.

(other semantics: he didn't diss the Madcatz product, he dissed a bone-headed management decision)

Oh, also: Ryan Hart suspended indefinitely by Western Wolves
    :-/
    Wusses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

You can understand his frustration though, it doesn't really seem fair what was done. (Not excusing the outburst in any way, shape or form though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

they're not even on the same team

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    (other semantics: he didn't diss the Madcatz product, he dissed a bone-headed management decision)

Oh, also: Ryan Hart suspended indefinitely by Western Wolves
    :-/
    Wusses.

Wusses?

The guy said, and I quote "**** Madcatz". It doesn't matter what way you want to twist it Kiki- Madcatz pay (I assume) a significant amount of money to LLL/WW, so if Ryan says something like that and they don't act- in some way, shape or form- they're endangering the future of their business. This is the real world.
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    they're not even on the same team

Nope, but according to games radar et al, Madcatz asked Ryan to look after Mago through the deal with WW over the weekend and it was not an easy task as flights were missed among other things. Ryan was supposed to be hopping on his phone in between fights on Friday trying to sort stuff out. So while it's in Madcatz best interests for Mago to win, I probably would have felt as pissed off as Ryan did in that situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

1354580292498.jpg

*edit*
    http://gamers1up.wordpress.com/2012/12/03/iseries-western-wolves-suspend-ryan-hart-until-further-notice-full-story/
    In light of the SFAE finals here at iSeries and the posts that have been floating around the internet from people who are not at the event, this is the story of what has gone down at i47 (UK) San Fran qualifiers for Street Fighter AE.

Prior to the tournament Western Wolves had their players going to the event hoping for the chance to go to San Fran to compete in the prestigious Street Fighter 25th anniversary tournament. These guys were also part of Team Mad Catz.

The competition was going to be hype enough with Evil Geniuses sending over Japanese pro Momochi (who did very well), however Mad Catz decided to send Mago over from Japan too – Mago also being Team Mad Catz. They had requested that Ryan guide both Momochi and Mago to the event and make sure everything was good for them. Ryan met Momochi at the airport, travelled with him to the event and of course did the similar with Mago, sacrificing his training time to take care and arrange everything. Mago missed his initial fight, which meant that Ryan had to also take care of everything via phone for the next entire day whilst playing in his tournament games (other games for San Fran which no one would be able to concentrate fully on if they were preoccupied with something else – in this case, ensuring Mago was able to get to the event – answering every call, whilst still ensuring he could help Momochi who also could not speak English). He ensured they were comfortable – as Mad Catz had asked even when it cost him time practising and his tournament focus at iSeries. He went out of his way to help.

In the winner’s bracket final, Ryan was super close to his trip to San Fran rep’ing the UK, but narrowly lost to Momochi and therefore was pushed into the loser’s bracket. In this bracket, he would then fight fellow team member all the way from Japan, playing in this tournament. The fight was incredibly close but Ryan narrowly missed out.

You would be angry too – would you not? To be competing in your home country for SF qualifiers of perhaps the biggest Street Fighter tournament ever, to loose to someone that your team decided to send over from another country after they messed up their own qualifiers? Whether this was an open tournament or UK based tournament (it was open btw!), it can still hurt when you feel cheated out of something.

Credit to Mago for winning of course, and to Capcom and Mad Catz for the incredible event, but yes Ryan has been suspended for a heated tweet that he made out of incredible frustration both out of losing and after everything he did for Mad Catz, to help Mago and Momochi to have an enjoyable event.

The tweet was on twitter for less than 2 minutes. Of course, Western Wolves had to do something, but all you guys out there needed to hear the full story…. Ryan did so so much for Mad Catz and the japanese guys… everyone has emotion.

Ryan knows he lost fair and square but was upset about how everything had turned out, Ryan knows he shouldn’t have tweeted what he did and removed it almost immediately but emotions run high in high profile tournaments – this was one of them.

Also from the comments (after some holier-than-thou shíte):
    I do have a slight issue with one statement you made: “Picking someone up from the airport and making a few calls hardly seems like a heroic effort on anyone’s part” … I feel I need to point out that it was a 4 hour drive, one way, from the airport to the venue. A trip he had to do twice. So that’s around 16 hours driving in 2 days, while trying to win a tournament where you’re the number one guy in your home country – That’s a pretty stressful situation to be in & I don’t think it’s fair for you to dismiss it as just some token effort, I also don’t think it’s accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Wusses?

The guy said, and I quote "**** Madcatz". It doesn't matter what way you want to twist it Kiki- Madcatz pay (I assume) a significant amount of money to LLL/WW, so if Ryan says something like that and they don't act- in some way, shape or form- they're endangering the future of their business. This is the real world.

Nope, but according to games radar et al, Madcatz asked Ryan to look after Mago through the deal with WW over the weekend and it was not an easy task as flights were missed among other things. Ryan was supposed to be hopping on his phone in between fights on Friday trying to sort stuff out. So while it's in Madcatz best interests for Mago to win, I probably would have felt as pissed off as Ryan did in that situation.

This would never happen being under the RS| Suffix I can proudly say:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Regarding Hart, the basic line is that regardless of the tireless effort he puts into taking care of the various Japanese guests and the stress/frustration of the situation, he very publicly insulted the company he works for in an advertising capacity. Even if that tweet was only up for 2 minutes, that clearly means nothing as it is being passed around the net anyway.

Him lashing out like this and insulting Madcatz could possibly lose them a lot of fans/sales. If I was the one who hired him I'd sure as hell be rethinking that position after this. He's perfectly entitled to be angry, but this outburst is really something he should have had with Madcatz in private, not on Twitter.

On a completely unrelated note, have some semi-haikus from my third grade students:

"I like Street Fighter IV
    I like to use the character Sakura
    Waiting for a new challenger"

"My favorite character is Guile
    So I do not like C. Viper
    I can't shoot Sonic Booms"

Gonna have to dock that second one marks for not being able to do basic charge motions.

It should be noted I never mentioned SF4 as part of this assignment, they just did this anyway. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Sairus wrote: »
    On a completely unrelated note, have some semi-haikus from my third grade students:

"I like Street Fighter IV
    I like to use the character Sakura
    Waiting for a new challenger"

Fergie-chan?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Getting back into playing on a more regular basis and had a good set with Misty last night.

Was thinking we should all set a date sometime in December where we all try to be online some evening and have a massive online casuals? I have tons of SFIV players from here that are rarely online but who I'd like to play.

"My favorite character is Guile
    So I do not like C. Viper
    I can't shoot Sonic Booms"

Gonna have to dock that second one marks for not being able to do basic charge motions.

It should be noted I never mentioned SF4 as part of this assignment, they just did this anyway. :pac:

To be fair, it's actually because you get seismo'ed when you try to boom.

You should dock him for not knowing he's safe at full screen though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

My favorite character is Guile

The child has a clear mental deficiency - get them some help.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Getting back into playing on a more regular basis and had a good set with Misty last night.

Was thinking we should all set a date sometime in December where we all try to be online some evening and have a massive online casuals? I have tons of SFIV players from here that are rarely online but who I'd like to play.

Yup, loads of people play but at weird times and the like.

It'd be cool to get a big lobby going, maybe record it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

We could tdo that also. I know my cnxn will screw up any recording but I'd be delighted to play ft5 etc vs lots of people on the same day.

Colour me interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

There are alway 2-3 Irish guys randomly in ranked after 2am almost any day of the week, I'm usually one of them :o

I'd be interested in this but ye all are far too good and I don't think I could handle another night crying myself to sleep... profound sadness. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

we should do a massive offline casuals as well like this time last year when everybodies on holidays. Where's terry? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    we should do a massive offline casuals as well like this time last year when everybodies on holidays. Where's terry? :p

This would actually suit me way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I'd definitely be up for something like this. If you just want to play a few games add me I'm on most evenings for a while. New GT is franklinbluth78.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Jun_DP101 wrote: »

Christmas casuals :pac:

I'm back from 23rd-30th.

mackg wrote: »
    I'd definitely be up for something like this. If you just want to play a few games add me I'm on most evenings for a while. New GT is franklinbluth78.

GGs today, knew it wasn't an online warrior when you learned not to jump at DeeJay :)
    animaX wrote: »
    Christmas casuals :pac:

I'm back from 23rd-30th.

Maybe a kind soul could host us for a streamy event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

23:59, wtf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6mds_CkoAM&feature=player_detailpage#t=1438s

edit: Apparently it could be a glitch because they're using the PC version and it might be set to the wrong framerate setting

Dreddybajs wrote: »

23:59, wtf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6mds_CkoAM&feature=player_detailpage#t=1438s

edit: Apparently it could be a glitch because they're using the PC version and it might be set to the wrong framerate setting

Yeah it's messed up, seen it on eventhubs and was like wha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

GGs today, knew it wasn't an online warrior when you learned not to jump at DeeJay :)

Maybe a kind soul could host us for a streamy event.

Yeah ggs had fun playing you I rarely run across either Guile or DeeJay and it's good playing match-ups you don't play every day, next time I might even block a few flash kicks!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

I think I just played F Word in ranked. In a shocking and totally unexpected turn of events, I got thrashed. Good times.

Yeah, he's been on a lot lately. AJ played him and took a round off him. Was amazed. With all due respect to AJ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭recnib

Right sorry bout the break, but now i have the stick anyway and I was wonderin if anyone could help me with Cammy

You should ask Cobelcog for some tips...

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭recnib

Haha you don't seem too impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

recnib wrote: »
    if anyone could help me with Cammy

Image1-2_zpsd7c030da.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Nascimento

I just beat a 4529pp ranked player on Endless twice... :O

Advertisement