Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had an issue with Battle/Player Point randomly disappearing? I've hemorrhaged points twice now, even after winning. I was reading in regards to the same problem on SFXT, that it could be network issues, but my disconnect rate is still at zero. Any ideas, lads?

This has been happening to me today, I've been losing points even when winning matches, a good 800 BP dropped off me :( I dont really care for points but losing them is annoying all the same.

Something that has been driving me up the wall the last 2 days: Really really bad latency. I mean I'm dropping combos all over the shop and worse I'm getting raped by throws and crossups because they seem to be impossible to tech/block due to the delay. (I'm guessing its people streaming Evo while playing?)

Maybe they are connected?? All I know is I definitely lost points after a win today as it dropped me below 7k and I was 100% above 7k during the fight and won it.

Oh well :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Best tweet from Ono.

a Brazilian jiu-jitsu fighter would be perfect, unless he is a DLC on disc.

Apart from all the mega-long character matchup threads on SRK, does anyone know of any good sites/resources that have a brief, useful overview of what to do/not to do with your character for all their various matchups, and a general "best approach" for each one?

I'm trying to get a basic matchups gameplan together for Ryu to use as a kind of starting point for learning him, but going through the Ryu threads on SRK looking for nuggets of info on 39 characters and trying to put all the conflicting info together into something useful but concise to work from is a real pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Watch youtube videos of top Ryu players and see what spacing they try to keep in the matchup, what normals they use at each spacing, etc. Punishes and stuff like that you should be able to figure out via training mode and checking frame data.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

good guide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    good guide

+1

I found that video well put together and interesting, and I have no intention of playing Ryu.

good guide...

Seen it. Good video!

Streetfighter TV series focusing on Ryu Ken and Gouken.

Was NOT expecting that!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

SF4 AE is 7 euro for the next eight hours on steam for anybody who doesn't have it.

Decent deal that.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Kirby wrote: »
    SF4 AE is 7 euro for the next eight hours on steam for anybody who doesn't have it.

Decent deal that.

Good call! Just picked up a pc that's capable of playing games last week so I just grabbed a copy of it.

Artimus_Clydefrog is moi, should anyone fancy some games sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Neeknak wrote: »
    Good call! Just picked up a pc that's capable of playing games last week so I just grabbed a copy of it.

Artimus_Clydefrog is moi, should anyone fancy some games sometime.

Are you "Artemus C Frog" on Xbox Live then?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

That's an old LIVE account of mine. I messed up and gave you my steam name in my previous post because I'm a pc game n00b and didn't know the game used GFWL.

My LIVE tag is Combichrist which is the one I seem to be able to use on GFWL also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

good guide

Finally someone explains option selects to me and it actually went in :pac:
    TO THE LAB

Leslie owning it up with Sagat, really good watch, he seems to know his spacing so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Is Amazon the best place to get a disc copy of AE? My housemates xbox is currently residing in the sitting room so might make use of it.

It's only 13 pounds so yeah :)

Remember these? Bi yearly, lol

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Man that was awesome, he was doing some seriously impressive stuff very early in the games life time!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Man that was awesome, he was doing some seriously impressive stuff very early in the games life time!

Yeah Desk was only figuring that out about 6 months ago.

He says it's the last one though, he has no more footage left.

D4RK ONION wrote: »

Today is very early in Vanilla's lifespan? :pac:

• Advertisement

Dreddybajs wrote: »

It was actually recorded at the same time as the other TAC videos, it's just that he didn't upload the footage til today...

It was actually recorded at the same time as the other TAC videos, it's just that he didn't upload the footage til today...

Really? That doesn't seem so judging by his comment on the video on sonichurricane:
    Happy Halloween! After many unexpected delays, here is the last remaining episode of my Street Fighter IV Biweekly Tool-Assisted Combo Video series. It’s hard to believe that i actually made it through the entire cast, but Guile was the only character left undone. I’m pretty happy with how his combos turned out, so this is a good way to close out the project.
    Huge thanks to the fighting game community for all your support and encouragement – and for staying patient between releases, even when they slowly started to take months. It’s been fun (more often than not).

Seems like he was still working on them to me - and either way, he was most definitely still working on them way after Vanilla was done with afaik, whether this one has been done for a while or not.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Dreddybajs wrote: »

Ha, my bad! I just assumed from the 4:3 and the fact that I haven't heard from him in so long (and it being in vanilla!) that it was an old video Doom was posting for kicks. Never clicked through to the youtube page. :P

Derp, picked it up wrong.

Anyway, looking forward to reading how that FK FADC U1 was done, I am sure it's incredibly impractical :)

Anyone who watched the 5 v 5 in Canada cup might enjoy this...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Anyone who watched the 5 v 5 in Canada cup might enjoy this...

Hahaha!

That was so annoying at Canada cup though.

I'm surprised in myself how quickly I turned against the Korean team and their goddamn notes slowing down the tournament.

I was rooting for Filipeno Champ to knock them out.

I was rooting for Filipeno Champ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Nascimento

Got this off Insert-coin.ie. Haz Frenchie's (Abel) resets and mix-ups are bloody amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Nascimento wrote: »
    Got this off Insert-coin.ie. Haz Frenchie's (Abel) resets and mix-ups are bloody amazing.

Who are these guys? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Thats Speedhaak's site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭recnib

Deciding to pick up Adon, tips lads?

Advertisement