Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

It's going to be tough to resist but you can't beat the feeling that goes with unwrapping the disc and putting it in the tray imo. I'm just going to have to stick it out.

Now that I think of it, will AE be the version being played at q-con this year? If so then I'd be putting myself at a disadvantage by waiting on the disc. Not that I ever even get out of groups at these tournaments but that's neither here nor there.

Decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

WTF ?, according to 1up

"Luckily, Super Street Fighter IV players who opt not to purchase the Arcade Edition DLC or disc won't be punished with a fragmented community, as a free update will allow players of any version of Super Street Fighter IV to duke it out online. You'll be able to fight against the new Arcade Edition fighters without buying the DLC or disc, though you can't actually play as the new fighters. However, if you're playing against a new fighter while using Super Street Fighter IV, the standard rules will apply for the battle as opposed to the balancing tweaks for the Arcade Edition."

:confused:

Does this mean if I fight sombody hasnt bought AE and Im using Yang versus their Honda, I have to fight old honda ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

download it now and buy it on disc aswell, im sure it will start floating around advertz for a 5er

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

J0hnick wrote: »
    WTF ?, according to 1up

"Luckily, Super Street Fighter IV players who opt not to purchase the Arcade Edition DLC or disc won't be punished with a fragmented community, as a free update will allow players of any version of Super Street Fighter IV to duke it out online. You'll be able to fight against the new Arcade Edition fighters without buying the DLC or disc, though you can't actually play as the new fighters. However, if you're playing against a new fighter while using Super Street Fighter IV, the standard rules will apply for the battle as opposed to the balancing tweaks for the Arcade Edition."

Does this mean if I fight sombody hasnt bought AE and Im using Yang versus their Honda, I have to fight old honda ?.

No, everyone gets the balance changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

EventHub wrote: »
    DLC release date: June 7, 2011
    DLC Price: $14.99 USD or 1,200 Microsoft Points
    Disc release date: June 24, 2011 for Europe, 28th in North America, 30th in Japan.
    PC release date: July 2011.
    Platforms: PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3
    Roster size: Right now Capcom states there are 39 people on the roster, with the additions of Yang, Yun, Evil Ryu and Oni.

Seth Killian also stated that AE is the final iteration of SFIV.

12_ssf4ae01.jpg

• Advertisement

Great Artwork.
    Europe gets it first? JESUS

sad to see it being the last iteration but no one wants to learn more match ups.
    This game will live a long life.

fingers crossed for sf5 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Didn't they say super would be the last iteration of 4? Although that could have been in the context of disc-only updates.

Not sure f it was mentioned earlier in the thread or not, but Evo has been switched to AE this year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Lot of news suddenly out about AE and SFXT. I wonder f it's all trying to increase interest after the Evil oni reveal was ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

No new about Third Strike: Online unfortunately, I'm really looking forward to seeing what capcom does with that. Third strike game mechanics with SF4 graphics........ could be very cool indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Never picked up SSF4 since I knew a new version would be coming eventually. So glad to hear that Arcade is being released as a disc as well.

No new about Third Strike: Online unfortunately, I'm really looking forward to seeing what capcom does with that. Third strike game mechanics with SF4 graphics........ could be very cool indeed.

LOL, not gonna happen.
    On a serious note, i think it will just be packaged differently. I'm not sure if they will touch the sprites, they may enhance them, same way emulators do, some filters is all.

SETH =
    The Street Fighter IV series ends with this June's launch of the Arcade Edition, Capcom has confirmed.

The company will not update Super Street Fighter IV further or add characters to the roster.

"The plan is this is the end of Street Fighter IV," Capcom fighting game guru Seth Killian told Eurogamer at Captivate last week.

"Arcade Edition will be the end of Street Fighter IV. What comes next? We'll see. But we aren't planning any more Street Fighter IVs."

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Was hoping for some 3S online info too but it was not to be.

I'm personally holding out hope that these are in game pics from it....

31_onopic.jpg

10_ryupic01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No.

Actually, let me fix that:
    NO.
    :mad:

Don't you dare question the beauty of 2D.
    I wouldn't be averse to updated win portraits, true widescreen, and stages/music from SFIII:2nd Impact though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Typical, decent cover art for the one I'm not buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

A-Trak wrote: »
    Also you get to play it 2 weeks in advance of the disc dropping, so guaranteed 90% of folks here will download it.
    Wow! I can't wait to play a new Street Fighter/Capcom fighting game at the same time as everyone else, for a change.....

as the hype faded over the past few months?
    i blame the leaks and cobelcog ofcourse

Placebo wrote: »
    i blame the leaks and cobelcog ofcourse

Well I can only speak anecdotally but I saw the evil ryu/ oni reveal trailer and my reaction was deeply meh veering on "this isn't going to be a fun game" because there was nothing new and in my head I was focused on the nerfing of all the characters I actually enjoy (I quite like some honda, dictator, ryu and rose too).

MvC3 may have aided in that too. I've barely touched SSFIV outside of Tempest last month so it's hard to get hyped about 4 characters I'll likely never use in a game I currently don't play much of.

IM HYPE!. GET HYPE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭samurai kebab

Saw this on sale in gamestop and picked it up the other day and I am terrible. I can't even hit combos or special moves against the dummy is there any good tutorials to help get the timing down?

bush wrote: »
    Im not sure i like the idea of 2 ultras

lol
    first page

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Sairus wrote: »
    MvC3 may have aided in that too. I've barely touched SSFIV outside of Tempest last month so it's hard to get hyped about 4 characters I'll likely never use in a game I currently don't play much of.

I'm the same, Marvel is just eating my gaming time up. Even awesome Makoto can't make me hype for AE at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Saw this on sale in gamestop and picked it up the other day and I am terrible. I can't even hit combos or special moves against the dummy is there any good tutorials to help get the timing down?
    Do the trials helped me a lot when I first got SSFIV.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Virtua Fighter 4 introduced a comprehensive training mode. The mode consisted of an encyclopedia of fighting game terms, complete character command list walkthroughs, tips on all of the games mechanics, recommended character combos, alternative options for failed combos, detailed command input timings, slow motion for frame counting and timing, and other useful training tips.
    Released in 2001, STILL unmatched.

lol
    first page

bush wrote: »
    He means that on the first page of this thread everyone's discussing the merits and drawbacks of characters having two ultras. Most people seemed to have been leaning towards 2 Ultras will ruin the game.
    I was laughing away at the same posts earlier in the week XD

Do a search on youtube for Vesper arcade. He has a huge tutorial series. Very good.

Sairus wrote: »
    He means that on the first page of this thread everyone's discussing the merits and drawbacks of characters having two ultras. Most people seemed to have been leaning towards 2 Ultras will ruin the game.
    I was laughing away at the same posts earlier in the week XD

At that time you had access to both ultras in a match though, which was a dumb idea that dropped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Personally I think eight playable characters is a mistake.

Advertisement