Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

bush wrote: »
    I thought it was obvious at this stage its coming out on both dlc and disc

There's no confirmation of a disc yet, it'd just make our lives sooooo much easier if they did one.

And Farz, we've gone round and round on this one many times. It's not so unusual for companies to release "GOTY" style editions of games with all the DLC for some extra cash, especially when you consider the abismally low amount of consoles which are actually used online world wide. You know damn well I view the video game industry pragmatically :D

It was never a cert but always a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

There's no confirmation of a disc yet, it'd just make our lives sooooo much easier if they did one.

And Farz, we've gone round and round on this one many times. It's not so unusual for companies to release "GOTY" style editions of games with all the DLC for some extra cash, especially when you consider the abismally low amount of consoles which are actually used online world wide. You know damn well I view the video game industry pragmatically :D

It was never a cert but always a possibility.

really going down the route of SF2:ce and so and so variations.
    Need to harness the technology already there,DLC's

Princess-CD-medium.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Placebo wrote:
    Releasing the same game on a CD/DVD with just 4 new characters is a joke.
    Balance changes alone prevent it from being "the same game".
    And 4 characters represent an 11% increase over the standard 35. Not too shabby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

There's no confirmation of a disc yet

Ye theres no confirmation but it looks like a dead cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Balance changes alone prevent it from being "the same game".
    And 4 characters represent an 11% increase over the standard 35. Not too shabby.

Tell that to a casual player who bought super a few months ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Tell that to a casual player who bought super a few months ago

Well they'll either get the DLC or they won't. No issues there at all. It's the tournament players that a disc release would be most useful to.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Well they'll either get the DLC or they won't. No issues there at all. It's the tournament players that a disc release would be most useful to.
    And the people with only 20gb hardrives;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    And the people with only 20gb hardrives;)

or the default 4 gig memory on the newer xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Johnick

Links down, any chance you can upload it to rapidshare/megaupload ?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

• Advertisement

"Get out there and duke it out with the version you like best!"

Capcom, I most certainly will if you throw me that particular bone.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I'm certain that you won't be able to pick and mix characters from Super/AE roster. Would be beyond madness if you could. I assume you can just choose between Super and AE.

It would hardly be the first time, why would you consider it beyond madness?

theres no rosters, the AE changes will be pushed globally.
    The changes will contain info about the new characters, so you will be able to play against them online but you will need to pay to play as them

What Farz says.

Placebo wrote: »
    theres no rosters, the AE changes will be pushed globally.
    The changes will contain info about the new characters, so you will be able to play against them online but you will need to pay to play as them

Thats... not what we were talking about Farz.

There's a rumour going around you will be able to select the old versions of the characters, which may be a good idea seeing as alot of people dislike the changes to their characters.

I assume the rumour started because of the quote I mentioned above.

I am curious why people think this is so outlandish seeing as it's already happened before in Super Turbo?

oops sorry i misread.
    That rumour is more than likley bull. My educated guess.
    If it were to be true then it would be included in the arcades. Changes were made to make the game more 'competitive'. If some changes to tickle the fancy, I'm sure they can revert them slightly in the next update.

Good point about super turbo. I just think game is a bit more complex now to have 2 versions of the same player.
    Its just annoying me thinking about it.

If you could do that it would defeat the whole point of rebalancing the game.

Azza wrote: »
    If you could do that it would defeat the whole point of rebalancing the game.

Would it not just add a layer of complexity?

Like, Giefs changes are good for some fights but terrible for others?

So depending on the match up you could use different versions?

I'm not exactly holding out hope here, just wondering why you think it's so unlikely when this is already a feature of the version many people harp on about being the perfect SF game.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I doubt it too. But then again, I wouldn't put ANYTHING past Capcom at this stage.

• Advertisement

If they did it, I'd probably stop playing the game.

Giefs change is overall bad in every match. The loss of ex.green hand knockdown is overall a significant nerf. A few people suggest its good when your opponent is corner trapped (applies to every match up) but on a whole its a nerf in every match up. While his buffs also apply to every match up (not enough to compensate).

Seth and Vega are possible the only characters that there might be some difference on opinion on which version of the character is better.

What I get from that trailer is you can use the old versions of the characters in vs mode offline?

What I get from that trailer is you can use the old versions of the characters in vs mode offline?

It certainly appears that way (yay old Guile) but I have a feeling it could be down to Engrish.

Of course the tourney standard would be the latest versions so I dont see the problem.

Of course the tourney standard would be the latest versions so I dont see the problem.

Aren't old versions legal in ST?

i just think thats badly translated, not in the language translation sense but in the sense of putting it in a small sentence.
    What it means [to me] is that you can still play without the DLC, so you're playing the original SSF4, however this will be the rebalanced version through the automatic, compulsory update.
    [while there may be a possibility that you can still play without the update, however i dont think its possible to play vs updated people. There would be sync issues even some how it where made possible by magic]

I could be wrong here but its really unlikely for them to pull a stunt like this, they made the changes for a reason, they're not gonna roll them back.
    While they might want to thrive for perfection, theres only so far they can go.
    Imagine having 2 chunlis, oh the newer one does less MP damage etc.

I personally think its out of the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

While I was GOING to say that this is overkill...
    let's have a quick bit of perspective:

SSFIV AE (console edition)
    • 39 characters
    • 2 Ultras per character (1 at a time)
    • 1 Super per character
    • Possibly 2 versions of each character

Capcom VS SNK 2
    • 48 characters
    • 6 grooves
    • Multiple Supers per character (all at once)
    • 3-person teams

So it's still not as complex as a game that came out 10 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

What's difficult to get?

Before DLC there is 1 game: Super
    After the DLC there are 2 games.: Super and Arcade Edition

No mix.

If you don't pay for the DLC you won't get to play as the 4 new characters when playing Arcade Edition.

What's difficult to get?

Before DLC there is 1 game: Super
    After the DLC there are 2 games.: Super and Arcade Edition

No mix.

If you don't pay for the DLC you won't get to play as the 4 new characters when playing Arcade Edition.

Thanks for clearing that one up for us so, Ono.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

9699-550x-IMG_0024.jpg

Advertisement