Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

That's the Arcade Edition Blanka?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Nah thats Vanilla Blanka

This

4219416971_cc7556f787.jpg

is AE Blanka, all soft and cuddly and stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

This is the stupidest debate I've heard here for ages, there will be no mix and match, this game is a far different proposition to CVS2 which was based on mix and match, different versions of characters, varying sizes of teams etc. Picking an older more powerful version of a character (IV Zangief/Sagat) would be, without doubt, the dumbest thing that ever happened to Street fighter.

There's no way in hell that Capcom will mess up this bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Ken B wrote: »
    Picking an older more powerful version of a character (IV Zangief/Sagat) would be, without doubt, the dumbest thing that ever happened to Street fighter.

They did it in '94... :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Ken B wrote: »

1287113-20090619193926_re5_box_art_large.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

that games as popular as street fighter at this stage.
    i dont think they did bad with that, they molded the survival horror genre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

True it is a good game,but not a patch on the previous resident evils.
    Anyway Ken is right. No chance Capcom will introduce selectable different version characters.they aren't that stupid..i hope
    Balance would go out the window

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Why is Sagat so high?
    Has he been buffed up. I haven't heard anything about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Why is Sagat so high?
    Has he been buffed up. I haven't heard anything about him.
    All the vanilla arcade monsters are playing AE it seems so it brings back a lot of vanilla sagat players. Also, i noticed not one Sagat in the top 20 rankings :-(

Also only 1 akuma and it been Tokido... ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Placebo wrote: »
    that games as popular as street fighter at this stage.
    i dont think they did bad with that, they molded the survival horror genre

4 and 5 aren't survival horror.
    And 5 is just wrong in general.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    They did it in '94... :pac:

This is why I'm so stumped on why people are all "NO WAY is this happening".

It's a feature of the SF most people call definitive.

I don't think it'll happen either myself, but it's not cut and dried.

I say it's not happening because of how they worded the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I think this is just Engrish like DooM said. Although the whole ST point is a good one and I agree with it

Picking O characters had one drawback in that you could not soften throws, which was introduced in ST. You might argue that you couldn't soften in Super anyway, but when facing an ST character and you're fighting from the perspective of the Super system, it seems like a big draw back. There are some O characters which are debatable better than their N counterpart. Some O characters are not worth using at all.

This is where it's interesting because O.Hawk O.Ken, O.Sagat and maybe O.Honda are a lot better than their N renditions. The only reason the N character is favorable in these cases IMO is because they can soften throws and have supers (or maybe because some people like certain aspects of the N ken char, like Ken's mash throw mixup)(of course not having a super in some cases might be worth the buff)

There's nothing new being added to the game system (AFAIK) in AE so switching to older versions of characters does seem a bit odd. I'm aware they have done it before but if the game system has not changed much then doesn't if fly in the face of re-balancing? I'm not fully aware of specific character changes but even so, my point still stands I believe anyway. Picking the older version to get back some lost char changes just seems mad, it's a no brainer and makes the re-balancing act look stupid since the playing field has not been changed in anyway at all

There wasn't many specific char changes from Super to ST, afaik, which is why it was more of a trivial thing to use older characters in ST, because the systematic drawback was there, so it was kind of at your own peril. There was no trouble with it, just O.Sagat was a bit crazy :pac: I'm not saying they should take away O character's techs in AE, just a comparison :L

That being said, it's an interesting discussion point.

A want a thanks off everyone on this forum when I'm proven right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

see what i think its saying is that. even thought those who bought the dlc content with new titles and characters. they can play those who havent due to the fact:

Players who havent got the new fancy stuff will still get a balance patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=28372&searchkeyword=Super%20Street%20Fighter%20IV

And the Ropedrinks across the world rejoiced.

Also, on an unrelated note, here's an early look at Vanilla before it actually came out. It's interesting to see some of the differences in the character models (Viper's boobs) and how the jumps are much faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Is Blankas walk forward animation different or are my eyes messing with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

>Talks about Focus Attacks for a minute, but instead
    >Retarded journalist mashing on jabs
    :mad:

OTOH
    >Viper's perfect giant boobies
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ultra meter was beside the energy bar too and were green and purple if my eyes are not deceiving me.

• Advertisement

Ultra meter was beside the energy bar too and were green and purple if my eyes are not deceiving me.

that's where the ultra meter is on the ios version!

that's where the ultra meter is on the ios version!

ssf4 for the iphone is terrible, not sure why they made it. Joke

Placebo wrote: »
    ssf4 for the iphone is terrible, not sure why they made it. Joke

Ah, it's fun. I play it with a couple of lads on tea break in work. It is pretty much a different (weaker) game though.

i suppose im harsh basing it on the original/xbox, just seems unpractical.
    Didnt know it had multiplayer though, better revist

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Damn Honda is really good normally I lose like 80% of my matches (with sakura) now i've won 4/6 with Honda(I do have turbo on though:p)

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    Damn Honda is really good normally I lose like 80% of my matches (with sakura) now i've won 4/6 with Honda(I do have turbo on though:p)

Turn turbo off. It's cheating.

Turn turbo off. It's cheating.
    I'm learning how to piano too just can't go fast enough to get hands to come out after a a jab yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

liamnojo92 wrote: »

Keep going my man! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

• Advertisement

I think I'll stick to the piano method(even though sliding is easier)because I prefer keeping my fingers on each button, i'll keep using Sakura even if I can't perform her stupid tatsu links online,I do love her mixups after ex tatsu though.

Advertisement