Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

The latest full costume pack is out today for those interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

But not on PSN, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

I really want to buy them I already bought the first pack but it's so much for some outfits :(

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

Sairus wrote: »

I still yet to get the Super costumes.... waiting for it to go down..... but still want both super and ultra outfits and ya I do have complete costume pack from sf4.Dunno if its worth 2880 for both of them?if I do get it I have to get like 4200 MS card....then if i get that I prob have enough for AE DLC so it might just work out I dunno.........:pac:

was just watching WNF from last night and James chen started pimping out Streetfighter.ie lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭goodjay

Sairus wrote: »
    nice,been waitn 4ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭goodjay

Placebo wrote: »
    the character detail ****s all over street fighter too.
    All in all the whole package looks unreal.

I heard on the other thread that you can play it in 3D, would love to witness that
    not to sure about the characters.mixd bag realy .some look gud others look way too 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

goodjay wrote: »
    others look way too 90s.

i-came-across-this-website-by-accident-and-am-shocked-21330324.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Nagoya Street Battle 24 (AE) stream is on now for anyone with some spare time to fill. It's probably the best quality stream I've seen to date.

Eventhubs and SRK have the stream links on their front pages. There's currently 2 streams running.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Can't wait for Yun, looking at him in videos he looks so good

Gonna be fun playing him since I played him as my sub in 3s ever since I started (so the guts of 5-6 years I'd say)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Okay so disc version will probably be about €30 and there are apparently no trials for the four new characters or any new trials for the current characters.

No DLC is included with the disc version either.

Lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Okay so disc version will probably be about €30 and there are apparently no trials for the four new characters or any new trials for the current characters.

Lame.

You would think that for a third disc release of almost the same game they would at least do a GOTY style last hurrah with everything included.

But this is Capcom we're talking about and if anybody was going to buck the trend of developer laziness and DLC flogging I doubt it'll be them.

1142_original_PhfVX.

Wat

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Lame.
    SF4 trials sucked anyway.

VF4 training mode for life.

vf4 on sf4 thread

mfw

1250439338398.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Thats poor Capcom, really poor. Hell, even Vanilla had some unlockable bonus content!

They should look at Mortal Kombat, which has extras coming out its ears, and be damn ashamed of themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Its only 1200 points to download it, some people are never happy.

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

1200 pts....bargain.

Fortunately I recently received my degree in Hyperbolloxology so all those new rules, vectors, changing between modes etc. makes perfect sense to me.

• Advertisement

No new trials D: I really enjoyed the trials in SSF4 .

Complaining about trials

mfw

k283972_facepalm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

People enjoy the games for other reasons then yourself.

1142_original_PhfVX.

I'll miss the trials myself. As a not so great player I always found them to be a decent way to try and get to grips with a new character.

Orim wrote: »
    People enjoy the games for other reasons then yourself.

3 : 20

:pac:

Just hit Chicken wing HP DP Fadc Chicken wing for the first time in an online match yay.(even if it was against a 0BP Ken:D)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The other thing I didn’t like today was the session between Daigo and Kazunoko. Today's session wasn't balanced like usual with like Daigo winning two or so extra games overall. Today was totally one sided with Kazunoko totally dominating Daigo.

I mean normally it would be quite enlightening or inspirational to see someone of Daigo's level losing like that and getting broken down in a clever way but this time it was different. Once a player reaches a certain level with Yun it just seems like you can't do much in the mirror once pressure is applied. I watched all the games from Daigo's machine and I could see him trying so many different things but he just couldn't do anything. In some matches he just couldn't get off the starting block. He was just rushed down in a way that really didn't require that much from Kazunoko but yet stopped Daigo from being able to do anything. I just think it's far too easy to play in a really effective way now.

In all honesty tonight is the first time I've not enjoyed the game, and it's just from watching as well. It's a shame because I actually did ok but it's not because of my performance, it's because today I really saw that Yun is too much. Even Daigo as good as he is with Yun couldn't do a thing once the other guy got control of the round (which usually happened in the first five seconds).

I think in this game it's too hard to escape Yun's pressure without taking a really stupid risk and I don't think that means the opponent is bad and deserves to be punished hard for it.

Ryan Harts latest from Japan, not exactly filling me with confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Pick Yun
    Rush
    ?????
    Profit!

🤪

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah heard quite alot of complaining about Yun from Japan. Tokido was saying a while back that AE wasn't that popular over there because Yun was just too easy to use.

Guess we will find out in a few weeks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »
    Yeah heard quite alot of complaining about Yun from Japan. Tokido was saying a while back that AE wasn't that popular over there because Yun was just too easy to use.

Guess we will find out in a few weeks.

Maybe they'll go back to Super :pac:

It mightn't be too obvious at our level I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Based from Ryan Hart's Blog, it seems that what you've heard is true. Guys not wanting to sit down and play is kinda lame. Seems high level players + Yun = a scary sight.

God forbid anyone wanting to go to Arcade to you know, play games!

Advertisement