Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

If AE is a disc release does that mean there's a 1000 more gamerscore or is the disc counted as SSFIV ?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

And how about trials for the new characters? Will those be included in the DLC/on the disc?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Will the disc have a new booklet and cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

will there be any more secret characters for console version?
    were all extra characters advertised for sf4?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Why is everyone asking random questions of a random Irish FG forum?

I wouldn't be suprised if we get asuprise reveal of 2 more characters. I actually hope not as 75 million match ups are already enough to learn, but how and ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I wouldn't be suprised if we get asuprise reveal of 2 more characters. I actually hope not as 75 million match ups are already enough to learn, but how and ever.

**** that. I want more characters!
    Only if they're released in the arcade too though. It'd be ridiculous if they split the player base again so soon after they finally bridged them.

Also, are they updating any of the win quotes like they did in SSFIV?

I'm thinking of this as the new SF3, basically it will be a standard tournament game for years to come that is to say SF5 is not released and if so, is not better than SF4.

In which case extra characters would not hurt because this game WILL be played to death.

However other games have shown to be a factor as well. MvC3 taking away the lime light from sf4, next SF X TEKKEN. So it all depends on capcoms plan.
    They should pace these releases. Fighting games were dead for a long time, now theres seems to be too many

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Placebo wrote:
    However other games have shown to be a factor as well. MvC3 taking away the lime light from sf4, next SF X TEKKEN. So it all depends on capcoms plan.
    They should pace these releases. Fighting games were dead for a long time, now theres seems to be too many
    SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP.

You can never have too many fighting games!

You're a prime example of a casualty of too many fighting games.
    You love them all so much you havent mastered even one.
    Of course this is not an insult, i am some what a victim myself.

Just a thought. There is a good few out there now. If they are all to die in the next year then i rather the releases are phased out.

No, I'm just lazy.
    I procrastinate on the internet instead of practicing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Released in 2001, STILL unmatched.

MK9 training mode looks great

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    No, I'm just lazy.
    I procrastinate on the internet instead of practicing.

**** son, how dare you money match me in 3s then.
    I cant wait for the online version

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Everyone's dead when OE comes out

I don't care tbh how many new characters get revealed in AE but was pissed with the Oni ERyu thing, boring ass ****

Placebo wrote: »
    **** son, how dare you money match me in 3s then and almost beat top-tier Chun with low-tier Remy
    I cant wait for the online version
    Fixed :D

we will see when it gets released. Its on ramza

Played my first match in three days and won against a 4000 point ryu(without turbo btw:D)in other news I'm thinking of picking up cammy now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    Played my first match in three days and won against a 4000 point ryu(without turbo btw:D)in other news I'm thinking of picking up cammy now :p

I'd read up on her AE changes before deciding to learn her. She'll be changing significantly in about two months time.

you can't do tiger knee cannon strikes anymore but I'd just be picking her up just to learn all her moves and some combos, I like to learn most characters in the game.

EventHubs wrote: »
    Does the console disc release feature the full content of SSF4 plus a code to download? — Exxus

Svensson: The retail version is not SSFIV + a token to download AE. That disc should have full content on it... but to be clear, costumes from any version are not included within the purchase price of the disc. They are DLC.

I wasn't really expecting anything else, but still :(
    He also mentions in the Q&A that there are no plans for any more dlc after AE - whether or not he was referring to costumes or an AE like update is unclear.

The full (and rather large) Q&A mostly focuses on the PC release and you can read it here: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/apr/15/svensson-does-huge-fan-q-session-about-ssf4-arcade-edition/

Well, costumes were back-compatible from Vanilla to Super, so if they have any sense they'll do the same here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Seth Killian said on a stream people who dont buy AE cant play with people who have bought it. So dumb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

bush wrote: »
    Seth Killian said on a stream people who dont buy AE cant play with people who have bought it. So dumb.

Basically if you're an online player you have no choice but to buy AE. Luckily I don't play online so I can skip this if I want.

EventHubs wrote: »
    Arturo Sanchez and Sp00ky mentioned that the console version of Arcade Edition has the same balance changes as the version in arcades right now. There were some suggested balance changes, but they were held back. Also, you can select between Super Street Fighter 4 or Arcade Edition when starting the game.

I dont know what's going on anymore. Conflicting reports all over the shop. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Thats the correct report, you choose between Super mode or AE mode, no Super vs AE.

GorySnake wrote: »
    Thats the correct report, you choose between Super mode or AE mode, no Super vs AE.
    Ah that's grand. It's about what I expected.
    Totally bull**** and all that of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

We're going to have to be very clear in tournaments which version we are strictly sticking to.

If people want to play a Super character in an AE tournament, then it stands to reason that I can take them on with my gdlike Shredder in TMNT tournament fighters, such will be the chaos and madness....

(Stick appropriate emoticon here.....)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Joking aside, I don't think there's any doubt that we'll be playing AE unless it turns out to be for some reason unplayably buggy or something Ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭goodjay

propb a stupid question and way of the subject,but wasn't there mention a while back about DLC backgrounds for sf4?just playing mortal kombat and its backgrounds have got to be some of the best iv ever witnessed.

the character detail ****s all over street fighter too.
    All in all the whole package looks unreal.

I heard on the other thread that you can play it in 3D, would love to witness that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

PC version of SSF IV AE will support 3D, vanilla version did.

Advertisement