Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Piano is pro. Slide is scrub.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    I think I'll stick to the piano method(even though sliding is easier)because I prefer keeping my fingers on each button, i'll keep using Sakura even if I can't perform her stupid tatsu links online,I do love her mixups after ex tatsu though.

That's fine, but you should still have your turbos turned off if you're playing against another person. Not really a win if you can't do it with your own skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Use the Stev0knev0 method, purchase an xbox 360 controller (the best fighting game tool on the market) make sure you use the d-pad btw.

Then map all your punch buttons right next to each other and just mash them with your thumb, 20% of the time it works every time.

Honestly i feel like I'm cheating its so easy. :cool::confused::eek::(:D:p:):mad::pac::o:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

@stev0knev022 Do you use a pad???? your jab to hhs is scary consistent

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    I'm learning how to piano too just can't go fast enough to get hands to come out after a a jab yet ;)

It doesn't really matter, turbo effects more than your ability to HHS, it also makes you recover faster from stun than should be humanly possible and means you can hit links 100% of the time which you wouldn't without (if the turbos fire rate is 60 per second).

I know learning stuff's difficult but it'll only be worse in the end if you use a crutch when you remove it!

If you attended a tournament, btw, and were caught using turbo, you'd be disqualified immediately.

• Advertisement

Sagat06 wrote: »
    @stev0knev022 Do you use a pad???? your jab to hhs is scary consistent

He has a freakishly large thumb he uses to do it.

Seriously, he was showing me in casuals on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

I don't know why they put turbo on any sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

So they can charge you more for something you will never use... why else?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

eco2live wrote: »
    I don't know why they put turbo on any sticks.

Because a lot of casual players like to use it to make that little bit easier on themselves. Although these are probably the same people that complain about turbo when you beat them. Go figure.

Also it's great for preventing wear on buttons when playing SHMUPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

stop being elitist.

• Advertisement

Placebo wrote: »
    stop being elitist.

It's not being elitist, it's a huge unfair advantage for the person using turbo.

sure uf you know what you're doing you're virtually unthrowable with turbo on, among other things.

Coudnt you just delay the throw and throw them out of their short? Couldnt care less about someone using turbo to be honest.

People who mash tech are so easy to break, just ch setup or delay throw

It's not the same as someone who's mashing. This is a consistent 60 inputs of tech a second. Mashing leaves windows no matter how good you are at it :D You'd want to be REALLY good to throw someone out of it.

Of course you can set up a counter hit but that's not what I said- turbo can render someone virtually untechable. You'll still beat your average turbo abuser though.

Regardless I did point out that using turbo's a bad thing for him , not just the other guy, because it's going to retard his ability to learn new stuff correctly.

A lot of debate around here seems to target just die hard fans and it just comes across a bit narrow minded to me, granted this is a fighting game foum. Software/Hardware companies are targeting a general audience. So asking why companies would even make turbo is elitist.

Sure its unfair, but the 15 year old kid across the road couldnt give 2 samos about how unfair it is the 7th best ranked player in Ireland [inferno stats REPRESENT]

its a nifty little feature. Not just aimed at fighting games. Its found in pads as well. But ofcourse Brian advising against it is perfect.
    Dont question the turbo though, DAYMNNNNNNNNN

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

On an unrelated note, the plot thickens:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/12/amazon-say-super-street-fighter-iv-arcade-edition-is-a-standalone-game-too/

Dual DLC/physical disk release seems likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Sairus wrote: »
    On an unrelated note, the plot thickens:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/12/amazon-say-super-street-fighter-iv-arcade-edition-is-a-standalone-game-too/

Dual DLC/physical disk release seems likely.
    Hopefully the disc will include some extras too mainly all the costumes and some extras or there would be no point in buying it cost wise over SSF4 and buying the dlc.

whats peoples views on the price, says $40 there,

27 euros, +RRP ? €35 if in shops?

Anymore than that and literally only people running tournaments would buy it.

Or maybe they're hoping people who skipped super will?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's not being elitist, it's a huge unfair advantage for the person using turbo.

sure uf you know what you're doing you're virtually unthrowable with turbo on, among other things.
    If they're mashing cr.Throw (accidental OS cr.LK/tech), back off and overhead/cr.MK/cr.HK.

Or give up on SF4 and play SF3 instead.

• Advertisement

Mashing leaves windows no matter how good you are at it :D You'd want to be REALLY good to throw someone out of it

Well my point still stands as I would rather SRK/CH someone out of a mash os tech which is pretty much guaranteed in this situation, rather than try and throw :pac:

Placebo wrote: »
    whats peoples views on the price, says $40 there,

27 euros, +RRP ? €35 if in shops?

How much was Super at release? €30?
    Regardless of what I say, I'll still buy it on launch (as will virtually everyone on this board I imagine) but I'll be pretty disappointed if it's above €30, regardless of Super's release price.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ask Pat at gamesnash.ie :pac:

Im going to buy whichever comes out first. I presume the dlc will be out first. Spooky said the dlc is out on the 11th of june. Suppose we will know soon enough anyway. Embargo is up at 4pm.

bush wrote: »
    Embargo is up at 4pm.

Cheers. I was wondering why there was no news this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

At the beginning, AE! We have DLC and Disc for PS3 and 360!! Release date is 7th June. DLC's Price 14.99 USD. ;D

Just tweeted by Ono a few minutes ago.

I think I'll try and get the disc as I'm in 4 gig Budget xbox land.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Really liking the look of SFxT from the gameplay vids, I just hope there's a pretty decent sized roster.

PC players should be happy with AE coming out. Anyone got confirmation of a disc release for AE (360) yet? I'd like to have a physical copy.

edit: just saw Misty's post, disregard last question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

It's not the same as someone who's mashing. This is a consistent 60 inputs of tech a second. Mashing leaves windows no matter how good you are at it :D You'd want to be REALLY good to throw someone out of it.

Of course you can set up a counter hit but that's not what I said- turbo can render someone virtually untechable. You'll still beat your average turbo abuser though.

Regardless I did point out that using turbo's a bad thing for him , not just the other guy, because it's going to retard his ability to learn new stuff correctly.

That's not how it works, after their first os tech cr lk starts to come out you can just throw them out of it, they can't just mash tech again and tech a throw if they've already pressed the button before you throw them, so you can just delay your throw as Bush said. If they're mashing stand tech just do low moves and combo them when they stand up.

As Ramza said though, if you want to beat someone mashing on tech it's better to do a 1f or 2f frametrap and get a full combo rather, it's more consistent and does a lot more damage and stun.

Ar, as Misty said, it's getting both releases.
    DLC lands on the 7th, the game lands on the 24th in Europe - potentially the 28th in America.
    I'll be hanging on for the disk anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

DLC will cost 1200 MSP.

That's fairly bloody decent actually, considering the costume packs for SFIV cost 320 MSP alone, and BBCS DLC characters were 520 MSP a pop.

So for 4 new characters that works out at 300MSP a go, cheaper then costumes :)
    Also you get to play it 2 weeks in advance of the disc dropping, so guaranteed 90% of folks here will download it.

Advertisement