Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

You factoring in Guile (also Dee Jay) being in a counterhit state during recovery of projectiles? Any time you would of hit Guile with Ex.Green hand during his projectile in Super you will still get the knockdown in AE. So in a sense Gief got only a small nerf in that match up.

Akuma can still use teleport to get out so loss of tatsu is irrelevant.

Ryu loosing tatsu should help a fair bit when you get him corner trapped, and his c.mk should be more prone to getting counterhit.

Also I personaly reckon Bison match up will get easier for Gief as well. Roundhouse anti air nerf will be most felt in that match up, Gief won't care about trades (as if he did already)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    edit: And the game has enough characters ffs, who wants more matchups to learn?

If two of those matches were Karin and Alex then you could sign me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Azza wrote: »
    You factoring in Guile (also Dee Jay) being in a counterhit state during recovery of projectiles? Any time you would of hit Guile with Ex.Green hand during his projectile in Super you will still get the knockdown in AE. So in a sense Gief got only a small nerf in that match up.

Akuma can still use teleport to get out so loss of tatsu is irrelevant.

Ryu loosing tatsu should help a fair bit when you get him corner trapped, and his c.mk should be more prone to getting counterhit.

Also I personaly reckon Bison match up will get easier for Gief as well. Roundhouse anti air nerf will be most felt in that match up, Gief won't care about trades (as if he did already)

I try not to do random EX hands vs Guile. :pac: You can't react to sonic boom and hit him (EX is possible but difficult, and if you **** it up you get thrown into the corner and gotta start all over again).

Didn't think of the Ryu c. mk nerf, that should help in that match alright.

Bison will probably be better again for Gief yeah, doubt I'll be playing him in that matchup much anyway though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    edit: And the game has enough characters ffs, who wants more matchups to learn?

I just kind of threw that out there as an example. They should give us something beyond Yun/Yang, E.Ryu and Oni Akuma. Maybe new Supers or new Ultras or something of the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭goodjay

anyone know what the story is with the latest complete coustume pack?.they released the full set sepratly ages ago.

• Advertisement

goodjay wrote: »
    anyone know what the story is with the latest complete coustume pack?.they released the full set sepratly ages ago.
    Early April as far as I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭goodjay

Sairus wrote: »
    Early April as far as I recall.

not to long so :D

On an unrelated note, the guest of honour at this year's Nom-Con is the voice actor for Ryu in SF4 (along with the voice of many more shows/games).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

anybody know any sure fire ways to beat vega's super in ssf4? for shotos, especially ken? its a real bitch to avoid or punish

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

anybody know any sure fire ways to beat vega's super in ssf4? for shotos, especially ken? its a real bitch to avoid or punish

You could just, y'know move slightly in either direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Ex dragon punch, will cancel it.......that's as much as I'm willing to reveal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

Rob2D wrote: »
    You could just, y'know move slightly in either direction.

alright, that definately doesnt work. if it was that easy i wouldnt be asking the question. its a move you rarely see, but its ridiculously good. ex shoryu just avoids it, doesnt hit it. there must be a simple escape.
    obviously ken b isnt gonna give up the goods, but anyone elses help would be appreciated :D:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

JUST MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!

Just like in Dante's Peak. Stop, look which direction its going and then run.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Vega's Super is why I hate fighting Ken_B -- and doesn't he know it! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Is Vega's wall dive thing ambiguous or a cross up I'm having trouble with him too:((I play as Fei)
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    Is Vega's wall dive thing ambiguous or a cross up I'm having trouble with him too:((I play as Fei)
    Thanks.
    The normal wall dive hits once, these are some otpions againt normal wall dive, focus attack is great as it rarely grabs, if the vega player can hit the grab consistently then try dp him, or cr mk to lower your hitbox as this may avoid it too.
    Try chicken wing too as its got invincibility on start up. Timings everything to punish or avoid.
    St fierce(close) is excellent as an anti air to stuff it and so is St RH. Easy mode anti airs.
    Meet him in the air wit a good normal, depending on where he is can be good
    Hope thats enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

As much as I'm sick of the never-ending stream of shotos I'll concede that Evil Ryus U2 ender is easily one of the coolest in the game.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Info on Evil Ryu.

His DP is 3 frames on start up.

He can kara cancel into DP. C.MK > DP has the best range.
    Kara cancel his throw as well. HP> Throw has best range.

His hop kick is not an overhead. +3 on hit. Can combo into c.lp or cl.mp on hit. Its -2 on block.
    Can be kara cancelled to super.

Can use his dive kick lower to the ground than Akuma can. Very little stun on block apparantly.

Can cancel any normals that Ryu can.
    Some reports that Evil Ryu can cancel into specials from chain cancels.

C.LP 3 frame start up.
    C.LK and C.MP have a 4 frame start up.
    CL.MP has a 3 frame start up.
    His C.MK has 7 frames of start up and moves him forward.
    C.HK is 7 frames.

Target combo is CL.MP xx CL.HP.

His Tatsu does not break armor.
    Air Tatsu can juggle opponents it hits in the air. Can connect Ultra 1 fully this way.
    LK Tatsu to sweep works only on Dee Jay, Boxer, Rose, Cammy, and Dhalsim.

His armor breaker is the Dragon Claw. (also called Axe Kick or Dragon Stomp).
    Dragon Claw is not an overhead unless its an Ex version.
    MK Dragon claw can combo off 4 normals. CL.MP, CL.HP C.HP and counter hit C.MK .
    MK Dragon Claw is +4 on hit.
    HK and EX Dragon Claw knockdown.

Teleport has less range than Akuma's.

His Raging Demon has incredible crap grab range (Like Giefs Suplex Grab range)

Ultra 1 can be charged to do more damage.
    Ultra 1 fully charged and landed at point blank range does even more damage (has an animation sequence) which you can view here.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WN-MTAAXF8&feature=player_embedded

Ultra 2 does not go into an animated sequence ender off juggles. It instead has a 3rd DP added in like Dudleys Super. Fully connected does 500 damage.

Evil Ryu Theme.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiscUxFz0ys

I might pick him up once I get a chance to play.

Had mighty fun with Akuma back in Vanilla.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sounds like he's going to have alot of options.

I like 4 frame cr mediums, alot of options off that if it's cancellable.

• Advertisement

Azza wrote: »
    His Raging Demon has incredible crap grab range (Like Giefs Suplex Grab range)

Is the Raging Demon his Super or will he have an extra Ultra?

It's his Super.

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    It's his Super.

Thanks Liam. I never even heard about him having the Raging Demon until Dr. Doom's post.

Sounds like he's going to have alot of options.

I like 4 frame cr mediums, alot of options off that if it's cancellable.

cr.MK = cancels into everything

**** me. The range on that focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

C.HK is 7 frames

Told ya hound.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Red350 wrote: »
    Told ya hound.
    rolleyes.gif theory fighter 4 eh

Just noticed Ultra david tweeted Dooms channel, Awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Yeah he asked for links to international vids so I tweeted him. He then retweeted it.

Hope it pointed a few people our way!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I woke up to two new subs and a friend request so I think yes, it's had a little attention. Thanks lads. :)

Advertisement