Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Ken B wrote: »
    The ropes that adorn the characters are an important part of Japanese culture, they are a sort of handicap/harness for earthbound deities' destructive powers.

Although this blatantly isn't the case with Edmond Honda....

They are also really cool..

I don't know what your talking about Ken as far as i know Headbutts only do 50 damage when Honda's in Alt 1 and 3.

Also your character is definitely gay, i bet if i looked up Vega's character history there'd be something in there about him joining the competition to save his boyfriend or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Some of us value looking after ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Johnick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Sairus wrote: »
    Evil Ryu alternate costume available on AE machines.
    Capcom seem to have missed the memo about large knots and ropes not making great costumes.
    Hair is badass of course.

25_ryualt.jpg

He looks like that character from Samurai Showdown.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Wow... sounds like AE may be a disc release.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-28-bbfc-outs-ssfiv-arcade-edition-for-uk

Or do the BBFC rate dlc?

EDIT: Ono is not down as director? Do they mean art director?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Wow... sounds like AE may be a disc release.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-28-bbfc-outs-ssfiv-arcade-edition-for-uk

Or do the BBFC rate dlc?

EDIT: Ono is not down as director? Do they mean art director?

Maybe there doing a DLC update for those of us with the SSFIV, and a seperate disc release, like they did for the Resi 5 extras, where it was released as DLC for people who already had the game, and as a Gold edition for a new disc based release.

Of course, it could be a cash grab.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Looks like a lot of us will be buying the disc release to make tournaments etc. less of a pain then if that's the case.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Looks like a lot of us will be buying the disc release to make tournaments etc. less of a pain then if that's the case.

Yeah I've already said multiple times in this thread I would really like a GOTY style everything unlocked on one disc (including costumes) version which we can use definitiely at tournaments. Capcom would I feel be doing us a favour rather than making alot of money that way (creating physical media costs money and releasing as DLC removes one step from the logistics chain).

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Capcom have said that they dont want to splinter the community, I wonder if AE will be a free download with all the balance changes for the existing cast, but require an unlock/activation purchase to be able to play as the new characters and avail of the new modes ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

while DISC would be great i guess.
    Bit of a joke for 4 extra characters and some balance changes?

• Advertisement

I hope there is some form of re-balancing from the current AE. I personally don't feel the need to spend money to have my character nerfed, two OP dive-kick characters added along with a shoto clone and Oni.

Placebo wrote: »
    Bit of a joke for 4 extra characters and some balance changes?

Well as pointed out by a few people, if you look at the Japanese homepage

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/character.html

There are 8 more slots between Ryu and Yang (well 9, but we know 1 of those is Oni), so just like with Arcade Vanilla SF4 they could be adding more characters to the home ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I personally don't feel the need to spend money to have my character nerfed

This is me since sf4

but I just keep buying

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

J0hnick wrote: »
    Well as pointed out by a few people, if you look at the Japanese homepage

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/character.html

There are 8 more slots between Ryu and Yang (well 9, but we know 1 of those is Oni), so just like with Arcade Vanilla SF4 they could be adding more characters to the home ports.

a divide once again amongst the arcade and home players ?
    anyway if you look at the HTML those characters are added in a LIST <li> element so its not the best indication, i suppose they could have added them in the center if there were only 4 new ones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

If this comes in a disc format and is similar in pricing to Blazblue CS was when it was recently released here - (I got mine brand new for €16 rrp in HMV,) then I don't really have a problem with it.

If it was DLC, it was never going to be below 1200 MSP which works out at just under €15, so a sub €20 disc with new characters would work for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Release date is the 24th of june. Get hype.
    When is Evo?, they said if AE is out a month beforehand it will be played instead of super.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Evo is the 29th, 30th and 31st of July.

California and New York have AE, so Evo will use AE if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

They will only use it if its out a month beforehand, like I said.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Thank you Google Translate!

a9490.jpg

So do Texas, its at Arcade UFO which is run by Fubarduck.

I can see Mr Wizard making a U-Turn on that decision, he's done it before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I was looking at the BBFC rating. It mentions there are 6 minutes 29 seconds of new cut scenes.
    Yun, Yang, Oni and Evil Ryu's endings total around 3 minutes 30 seconds.
    I haven't seen if any of those characters have arcade intros or not, but typically the Super intros were around 1 minute each. If each of those four have intros then that'll make up the rest of the 6:30, thus there aren't any exclusive console characters in AE - or at least ones that have arcade cut scenes.
    Alternatively, maybe none of the new characters have intros, which means there's three minutes of spare footage to use for extra characters! :D
    Or the extra minutes could apply to the credits.

What I'm clearly trying to say is all this deduction means jack squat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Eventhubs pointed out that the 24th of June is a Friday - DLC is always released on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Brick and mortar releases tend to be Fridays in the UK and Ireland.
    +1 in the evidence pile for a disk release.

A new disk release for 4 new characters and some balance changes makes no sense, there has to be more content.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Thank you Google Translate!

a9490.jpg

Have they made Ryu shorter? I always thought he was listed as 5'10. This makes him around 5'7.
    Sairus wrote: »
    Eventhubs pointed out that the 24th of June is a Friday - DLC is always released on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Brick and mortar releases tend to be Fridays in the UK and Ireland.
    +1 in the evidence pile for a disk release.

I kind of had a feeling that AE would turn out to be a disc instead of DLC. I'm not sure if I'll get it yet. I never cared much for Yun and Yang and I'm not interested in Roid Rage Ryu and Super sparkly Akuma.

A new disk release for 4 new characters and some balance changes makes no sense, there has to more content.

Super Street Fighter 2 would like to have a word with you. :D

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Super Street Fighter 2 would like to have a word with you. :D

Good point, it's amazing the internet didn't go mad it wasn't offered as a DLC for 1000 MS points.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Delighted it's going to be a disc release myself, will make tourneys and casuals and stuff a damn sight handier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Sooo people are complaining because? I personally think AE will be fun. It looks good. I haven't paid much attention to specific characters changes but some of the new characters look cool. I have no problem with it, it was hardly going to be free now :pac:

• Advertisement

Ramza wrote: »
    Sooo people are complaining because? I personally think AE will be fun. It looks good. I haven't paid much attention to specific characters changes but some of the new characters look cool. I have no problem with it

There's your problem, they've made some pretty crappy changes to a few characters. Guiles has a ridiculous number of nerfs, Ryu's had some bad ones too, Honda's had the arse torn out of him, Blanka's balls are stoopid etc etc.

For alot of the older characters it's like they've taken the things that make them different or interesting away.

Advertisement