Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Hard to tell with some of the hitbox pictures they are releasing what the differences are.

The only difference in the lariat pic is that the the hitbox around his feet is higher up and larger. Might make trades with jump in's happen more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Fletcher91

Guess what isn't coming to consoles:

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/ono-rules-out-ssfiv-arcade-for-consoles

lol wat

Purposely unbalanced? lol Ono

A little odd considering the leaked achievments list but there you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

yeah ****in right,
    good one ono.

you got us

I dunno, Ono likes to play around with words, but in this case he seems to be outright saying that there will be no AE for consoles. He trolls a lot but I doubt he'd flat out lie about something like this.

The fact that he addmitted to purposely unbalancing characters to "increase community spirit" is worrying. Was this the reasoning behind the blatantly over-powered Sagat in SF4? What about Sentinel, is he puropsely unbalanced too? (sure seems that way)

surely if thats the case then why would they go around REBALANCING already released and approved characters? The twins are not overpowered, im sure there moves will have longer recovery frames and they will suffer from poor health. Time will tell.

As for the release. Spending so much time on new characters, rebranding and PR marketing, an arcade japan release and arcade US release totaling to what? less than say 20-30 cabs? would it be more than that ? and then other countries totaling to around less than 5 in each.

that still puts them at a loss.

waste of time even typing this out. hes trolling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 roy nelson

he only said we have No plans to release it, which is the same as saying nothing. plans change like little ponys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I feel pretty confident that what's really going on here is this:

Super Street Fighter IV: AE isn't getting released on consoles, as in there won't be a disc at retail called Arcade Edition. Hence, Ono can say he was telling the truth. Super Street Fighter IV will get optional DLC that introduces the AE features. It's all semantics.

Yeah, that would make sense, especially considering this:

http://nynevoltgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/ssf4aeach.jpg

Notice how it just says Super Street Fighter 4 at the top, no mention of Arcade Edition (suggesting that it's just an add-on)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Fletcher91 wrote: »
    Yeah, that would make sense, especially considering this:

http://nynevoltgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/ssf4aeach.jpg

Notice how it just says Super Street Fighter 4 at the top, no mention of Arcade Edition (sugeesting that it's just an add-on)
    That image: 58 achievements
    SSFIV retail: 50 achievements

-> +8 DLC achievements

Yeah the achievements leaked a while ago and they look genuine as this was before Oni and Evil Ryu where announced. Its obvious that they are planing on releasing it on consoles.

Also if they don't they will split the community and competition version. But insane not to release it.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

:pac:

trolled_hard.jpg?1272857409

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

All together now: if Ono says it, it must be true! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Do any of you guys play casuals online ? I'm really bad but want to get better so it would be nice to play a few games or watch some people absolutely destroy then tell me what I did wrong:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Go to webchat.quakenet.org and enter a username and #irishfightinggames for the channel.

Lots of people there each evening who'd be happy to play you.

K thanks I'll check it out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Stop the presses! According to the latest Famitsu, Evil Ryu is getting unlocked on SSFIVAE cabinets this week!
    OMG! I cant handle the hype!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Sairus wrote: »
    Evil Ryu is getting unlocked on SSFIVAE cabinets this week!
    OMG! I cant handle the hype!

Not sure if serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Not sure if serious.

Evil Ryu and Oni are "Officially" getting unlocked at the end of the month, no big deal to arcades in the west that already had them unlocked via the brute force hack, but a big deal to all the others who toed the line and did what Capcom wanted (mainly Japanese arcades).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Can I get a 5:1 on Daigo switching back to Evil Ryu?

Also what is this nonsense that they've only been unlocked in the West?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Can I get a 5:1 on Daigo switching back to Evil Ryu?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I was going more for the "hooray more boring characters" angle.

They don't actually look boring in fairness. Everyone is bit sick of shoto's but Evil Ryu looks to play very similar to Akuma who isn't a boring character.

Akuma has got many great features such as high damage, great mix up, great offensive options, great defensive options, and great runaway.

Evil Ryu has those abilites as well, but instead of having a great mix up game he has viable ultra set ups.

So if its going be a shoto clone, its good that its closer to Akuma in terms of play style.

Oni looks really interesting as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Needs more Shin Bison

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    what is this nonsense that they've only been unlocked in the West?

According to Fubarduck all the new games running on Taito Type X2 boards also run on the NESiCAxLive network, and can see if you have any characters unlocked when you shouldnt. Unlike BBCS2, SSF4AE doesn't have to be connected to this network to run and you can still play local multiplayer fine, but you cant play online (as in you cant play against another person in another arcade somewhere else).

There are probably a couple of places in Asia with machines that are not online, but those cabinets cant play against other cabinets connected to NESiCAxLive, and from what I gather most are connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Evil Ryu alternate costume available on AE machines.
    Capcom seem to have missed the memo about large knots and ropes not making great costumes.
    Hair is badass of course.

25_ryualt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 circle masher

Capcom seem to have missed the memo about large knots and ropes not making great costumes.
    Sellotape wouldn't have worked though.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Evil Ryu alternate costume available on AE machines.
    Hair is badass of course.

25_ryualt.jpg
    The ropes that adorn the characters are an important part of Japanese culture, they are a sort of handicap/harness for earthbound deities' destructive powers.

Although this blatantly isn't the case with Edmond Honda....

They are also really cool..

• Advertisement

They are cool but each character doesn't need one,Variety and all that.

Advertisement