Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

branie2 wrote: »
    I wonder what Angela wants with Thadgh

She wanted her share of the money from an investment her and Tadgh made years ago. Only he only withdrew the money forging her signature and doesn't have it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Run for your life, Mack!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Oh Mack, you fool!
    Run for your life, Mack!

Can they make Mack anymore thick? This story makes no sense. And it just gets worse and worse, the more layers they try to add to it.

Has Mack forgotten what Katy told him about Dee and the drugs? The drugs in the house.
    Has Mack forgotten about how Katy explained the reason why Dee was doing it? She gave Mack access to the DNA results as proof.

It started off as a great idea as a story. Now they have just killed the thing completely, beyond all sense and recognition.
    Make Mack's character even more thick. Again watching old RnR episodes Teenage Mack ran rings around the village for ages, great schemer up there with Tadgh. Those petrol pump fumes and pills must have fried his brain?

On the other-hand the storyline with Aine/Andy/Frances/Vince/Malachai has great potential. As does the Angela/Frances/Tadgh/Malachai storyline. I hope they don't ruin those as well!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

When Mack came to Katy knowing the truth about Jay she should have told him again about all of the awful things Dee did to her to make her out to he crazy. Remind him what a phyco she is!

When Mack came to Katy knowing the truth about Jay she should have told him again about all of the awful things Dee did to her to make her out to he crazy. Remind him what a phyco she is!

Yeah I am baffled. It is as if they went off on the drugs direction with one set of writers. Decided to go another direction with another set of writers.

As you said all Katy has to do is remind Mack of all the stuff Dee did etc etc. It is starting to really annoy me. But it appears both Katy is more concerned with shares, for some reason. Instead of restoring her reputation in the community and her family by showing up Dee for what she is.
    Mack has got zero memory at all. In fact, they have made Mack such a plank at this stage Tony (the Garda) is a genius in comparison to him.

If Tadgh was told what Dee did the reviews, drugs and so on. He would turn against her more than Katy I think. He hates all 'Donegal's' anyway.

Where is the continuity of storylines? It is just like throwing darts at a dartboard blindfolded then see what sticks. The really annoying part is how long did they have Katy in hospital and the drugs story? 15-20 episodes or more?
    All forgotten about now apparently.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know the full history between Tadhg and Angela? When TG4 used to show the old episodes I remember Angela being married to Tadhg but I'm pretty sure they stopped showing the old episodes before we found out what happened?

Does anyone know the full history between Tadhg and Angela? When TG4 used to show the old episodes I remember Angela being married to Tadhg but I'm pretty sure they stopped showing the old episodes before we found out what happened?

I am watching the old ones. It has got as far as Angela is pregnant with a child (assume it is saoirse)
    Micheal had ended his affair with Angela before he knew she was pregnant.

Angela was pressured by the doctor to tell Tadgh she was pregnant - Doctor assumes it is Tadgh's child.
    Tadgh does not know about Micheal's affair with Angela as yet.

I thought they did a good job of tying in the old with the new the last few episodes. What really would be good is if Angela unearthed or twigged the truth about Maggie/Tadgh sister and brother. And if she uses that info to make Tadgh give her money or she will tell the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

gormdubhgorm ... "I am watching the old ones."

Where are you watching them? I was watching them a few years back when TG4 ran them during the summer but cut it off just before Angela got pregnant I think. I would love to go back and watch.

maureencol wrote: »
    gormdubhgorm ... "I am watching the old ones."

Where are you watching them? I was watching them a few years back when TG4 ran them during the summer but cut it off just before Angela got pregnant I think. I would love to go back and watch.

RnR/TG4 have a you tube channel

At the moment they are up to season 2 Episode 46. They start all the way back at the beginning S1 Episode 1.
    They normally put up the 'new' old episodes up on a Thursday - two at a time.

I will be honest I think the storylines were better and more consistent back then. Maybe there was a smaller pool of writers. Or maybe it was just they had a fresh store of ideas - blank canvas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

I thought they did a good job of tying in the old with the new the last few episodes. What really would be good is if Angela unearthed or twigged the truth about Maggie/Tadgh sister and brother. And if she uses that info to make Tadgh give her money or she will tell the village.

you could be onto something there, it triggered some memory when Maggie was mentioned to Angela.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

Thanks gormdubhgorm!

Very good episode tonight! Really enjoyed it!

I am watching the old ones. It has got as far as Angela is pregnant with a child (assume it is saoirse)
    Micheal had ended his affair with Angela before he knew she was pregnant.

Angela was pressured by the doctor to tell Tadgh she was pregnant - Doctor assumes it is Tadgh's child.
    Tadgh does not know about Micheal's affair with Angela as yet.

I've started watching the old ones now aswell, they're very good!

I've started watching the old ones now aswell, they're very good!

I think they are better quality than the newer ones less complicated and seem more natural. Not sure if that is because of 90's nostalgia.

I enjoyed that last episode the Fiach/Dee/Michelle/Mack twist was good.
    Plus Colli jackie is a legend!

I enjoyed that last episode the Fiach/Dee/Michelle/Mack twist was good.
    Plus Colli jackie is a legend!

Dee is genuinely pure evil!

I thought Dee was a psychopath, but she was very upset when Mack tore up their tickets for their flight to Australia.

Dee is genuinely pure evil!

Although I gave out about that story-line with Dee/Mack for ages I did not see that twist coming. Dee overhearing a piece about 'she should know the marriage is over' from Michelle was plausible as Michelle is innocent, open, and trusting. Also her character is 'touchy feely' so the Mack scenario was plausible, and we already know that Michelle is allergy prone.

It was nice to see a plausible and consistent character scenario.
    Be interesting how they move Fiach's character as he always seems to be caught between a lot other characters story-lines without one of his own lately.
    I thought Dee was a psychopath, but she was very upset when Mack tore up their tickets for their flight to Australia.

I would say more deranged because she does not want to murder people. Just harm them. Remember she considered driving Jay into the sea but changed her mind. It was around then she decided that she would change her views on having children so she could keep Mack.
    It was all about fear of losing Mack and getting revenge because of it.

Also on the official bio about the characters on the RnR

site:http://rosnarun.com/deirdre-daly/?lang=en

"Deirdre is a snobbish, fastidious person"

"She didn’t want to come to Ros na Rún, it was because of meeting Mack that she ended up coming to town. She didn’t even tell Mack that she was John Joe’s daughter! She was trying to stay well away from her family, while focusing on her legal work in Galway city."

So the not going to Australia reaction made sense she never liked RnR anyway or her Donegal family. And her materialistic personality extends to her wanting to 'keep Mack'. In her mind she owns him and can control him. Which was mostly true, until he ripped up the ticket.

--

As for the other story-line
    I forgot to mention the O'Neachtain's, plus the Sorcha/Brian craic. It was done well also. Plus cleverly gave Nathan (normally a kind sort) to want to get revenge and brings Andy back into the picture. I was wondering how they would do it but they gave the character real justification to flip.

Plus I just realised the fella that plays Andy has it easy. Only ever on the phone or sitting down in a jail scene. Handy money! He does not even have to do any skittery runs anymore.

The state of Ruaírí and his little fuzz moustache!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Hatshepsut

The state of Ruaírí and his little fuzz moustache!
    He's fairly slimey and gross in my eyes and Michelle is so lovely inside and out - what she sees in him.

Had to laugh at how Emma gave Vince the major brush off in the shop and it dawned on him she'd only used him for kicks.

I've been watching the old episodes on youtube and have to say I'm really enjoying them. I hope they continue to upload them over the summer break.

Does Caitriona not have a medical card? She could it use it at the dentist

• Registered Users Posts: 13 maradonnaie

Or PRSI 😂

The look on Katy's face at the end!

I'm sure I've said it plenty of times here before but that Dee really is a venomous b***h. She can't be right in the head. I just hope at long last they all see her for what she is before the end of the season.

Or PRSI ��

It makes me wonder who the local TD for RnR is. Catriona cannot afford to get her tooth fixed and Katy was locked up for ages in a hospital without any tests.
    Terrible healthcare in the place.
    I'm sure I've said it plenty of times here before but that Dee really is a venomous b***h. She can't be right in the head. I just hope at long last they all see her for what she is before the end of the season.

I'd like to see Dee and Andy hooking up. Get some real schemes going with Andy's skittering runs away from trouble and Dee's facial expressions they would be unstoppable!

I was just thinking as well that Catriona/Berni/Maire have to be the most consistent characters in the show since it started they have not changed a bit character trait wise.
    Tadhg has become more nuanced and developed I think. His character arc is the most interesting

Catriona is still materialistic and self-obsessed but has just upped the level. Berni still trusting, and ambitious. But kind hearted character. And Maire still the local busybody gossip.

Never thought I'd say this but poor Tadgh...

• Advertisement

Never thought I'd say this but poor Tadgh...

They have given his character real depth now. We know the reason for his nasty persona and so on. So even when he does something wrong we understand his justification or why he acted like he did.

I noticed he has a real soft spot for Jay and sees his own story reflected etc.
    Then I thought if Tadgh sees Kathy struggling and he realises Jay is in trouble because of it - his stance will soften?

Maybe I am reading too much into it. Because none of my theories/predictions are ever right.

Advertisement