Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

I enjoyed that last episode was tidy and well acted -

Set up a number of plots Nathan/Eanna needing Bobbi Lee's blood type or whatever

Bicep Brian - getting itchy feet with the aging Berni

Catriona - getting in deeper before the big fall

Dee -realising that Katy has all the support of those around herr - except Padraig and his mates. I expect to see Dee giving Padraig legal help soon (might finally reach the end of the Katy/Mack story as Mack inclined to side with Katy

Oh and I saw a great promo for RnR Tadhg doing the weather, despite the annoyances of all the 'Donegal's'

Don't eat the yellow snow! :D

I would love to see the Katy/Dee storyline have a good ending. I don't like the way they have just kind of left it unconcluded with the 2 sisters agreeing neither will say anything to Mack/Tadhg. I'd like to see Dee get her comeuppance and Mack realise what an evil cow she is.

I like the Nathan story. Poor Bobbi Lee has no idea. I hope he tells her soon.

I wonder what will happen with Berni and Briain....

Berni is pregnant

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

How will Evan react?!

branie2 wrote: »
    How will Evan react?!

I hope he comes back soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,230 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

How will Evan react?!
    Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I hope he comes back soon!

Another RnR punch scene in Tigh Thaidhg's - is due I think?

That flipping Katy v Dee storyline - apparently it was supposed to be genius twist for Katy to praise Padraig and give in? But to me it meant another excuse to kill time and drag out (the by now) idiotic storyline between Dee/Kathy/Mack as other ancillary lines are shut.

That really annoyed me, as I know full well, that not only might they not kill the storyline this season. They might drag it out for the one after that.

The Nathan Bobbi Lee storyline is a nice one written well, I hope they don't drag that one out as well and bansjax any sense in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

what was Berni thinking buying a pregnancy test from Máire "for a friend"? She's going to be watching Bobbi Lee like a hawk now and will probably end up spilling the beans to her

julyjane wrote: »
    what was Berni thinking buying a pregnancy test from Máire "for a friend"? She's going to be watching Bobbi Lee like a hawk now and will probably end up spilling the beans to her

Agreed, I was thinking can she not drive to Spideal or Galway instead? Gossip around Maire spreads faster than the internet.

Looks like an a likely abortion storyline route?

• Advertisement

I hope not!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

Looks like an a likely abortion storyline route?

We were thinking the same in our house last night.

Nice language for Katy to use in front of her niece(!)

In the next episode, Dee
    says she wants to move to Australia

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

Isn't this the episode they played last Thursday?

This Katy/Dee/Mack thing has been going on about 3 seasons now. It needs to come to an end soon!

Dee only going to Australia to get away from Dee

Dee only going to Australia to get away from Dee

I wish Katy and that whole storyline would go with her!

Plus it seems the only Paddy's Day in Ireland was in Ros na Run (obviously written long before the corona)

Like an eejit when Frances got a heavy cold I thought - jayus they are uptodate on the corona stuff!

I didn't like the way Mack's character (played by Pól Ó Gríofa) has turned into such a gullible doormat, of an eejit.

Finding the Dee's stash of pills and saying nothing to anyone etc, not looking at the DNA results etc. Now we have the poor fecker giving €6500 to Catriona, and thinking he is a genius. Not for one minute questioning why she wanted it so urgently!

I have been watching the old Ros na Run episodes. And Mack's character was devious, manipulative and clever. A bit lost and unhinged as well. All while still in his teens!

Even the actor Pól Ó Gríofa has said about his characters development, that he is not happy about the changes.
    'No-one changes that quick' Ó Gríofa said, also he said it gets boring as an actor if there is not some interesting things happening the character.

Here is the behind the scenes RnR/TG4 video with Ó Gríofa talking about 'Mack' that is from 6 years ago.

It'a not that easy to move to Australia; Mack and Dee would have to apply for a visa.

• Advertisement

It'a not that easy to move to Australia; Mack and Dee would have to apply for a visa.

Dee probably has it done already!

Behind Mack's back

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Recently I did an interview for another large food company, for a similar role but no travel. I got a great vibe from the guys interviewing me, and this company has a reputation as a great place to work. One girl left my old company for this one and loves it, I'd be working closely with her in the job.

branie2 wrote:

Doesn't seem to be a problem for residents of Ros na Run. I seem to remember Martina dropping everything and emigrating to Australia overnight a few years back.

Ros na Rún is fictional, of course

I was wondering earlier, I'm speculating not spoiling
    , if Dee is setting a trap for Mac. About 20 years ago on coronation street Peter Barlow had an affair with a woman called Lucy and fathered a child. She told him she was moving to Spain and if he didn't come with her he'd never see his son again. So they went to the rovers return and he told his wife/partner in front of the whole pub that he was leaving her and had a son, while Lucy waited at the door. Then when he turned to leave Lucy told him that she was taking their son and he wasn't coming.

I was wondering earlier, I'm speculating not spoiling
    , if Dee is setting a trap for Mac. About 20 years ago on coronation street Peter Barlow had an affair with a woman called Lucy and fathered a child. She told him she was moving to Spain and if he didn't come with her he'd never see his son again. So they went to the rovers return and he told his wife/partner in front of the whole pub that he was leaving her and had a son, while Lucy waited at the door. Then when he turned to leave Lucy told him that she was taking their son and he wasn't coming.

Good theory. But, the logic of the whole of Dee's character arc is too keep Mack away from Katy, and stop him finding out the truth about Cuan.
    Dee has already had a child Blaithin - for the sole purpose of keeping Mack close to her. She did not even want to have a child then did a u-turn as it suited her modus operandi - 'keeping Mack' at all costs.
    It was her same reasoning for all the drugging of Katy etc and how she now wants to keep Mack out of sight and out of mind from Katy in Australia.

But then again, this is Ros na Run and character arcs can be rewritten at a whim.

It is kind of obvious the way they are going with it so far. Mack will have an epiphany, and suddenly decide to look up those DNA results.

Hypothetical question, if you and your spouse ended your relationship but continued to be "married in name only" would you still attend a do with them and be photographed together? Michelle is very naive if she buys that

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Hatshepsut

Hypothetical question, if you and your spouse ended your relationship but continued to be "married in name only" would you still attend a do with them and be photographed together? Michelle is very naive if she buys that

Their relationship is certainly far from normal. Like hell it's ended, there they were shifting the faces off each other last night towards the end. It's some weirdo marriage where they're together in every way and very much into each other but they seem to have some sort of fetish for side flings as well & they're both into that and cool with it.

I assume the Emma character will be set up as the female version of Tadgh. Devious manipulative etc. And there is bound to be some proper craic between herself and Laoise/Michelle.
    Show badly needs a bit of divilment to it - since the Dee/Katy stuff is in a cold war stage for ages now. Things could do with a bit of livening up.

• Advertisement

Hatshepsut wrote: »
    Their relationship is certainly far from normal. Like hell it's ended, there they were shifting the faces off each other last night towards the end. It's some weirdo marriage where they're together in every way and very much into each other but they seem to have some sort of fetish for side flings as well & they're both into that and cool with it.

Whatever about allowing each other one night stands on the side though, he's in a full on relationship with Michelle and Emma doesn't mind one bit? Weird.

Advertisement