Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

I really enjoyed the special episode last night. I never knew that Berni married Michael! Anyone know what the story behind that was?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

I remember Berni marrying Mícheál but I'm not sure why they married or if it was ever consummated. I knew she had been married to Liam but couldn't remember their wedding or the affair he had.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Kauto0709 wrote:
    I really enjoyed the special episode last night. I never knew that Berni married Michael! Anyone know what the story behind that was?

I think she was just looking for security at the time as a young single mother. Seem to remember it was a while before the marriage was consumated due to lack of interest on Bernie's side. I think she cheated on him with the young priest?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

I started watching from the beginning on Youtube. I got to the finale for Season 1 and went to Season 2 Episode 1 and it is starting with Jack fixing up the cafe so he can open. The end of Season 1 showed Taidgh pushing Jason on old Jacks stairway and Jack, Pol and Rita still hadn't gotten their money. So what happened in between?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

maureencol wrote: »
    I started watching from the beginning on Youtube. I got to the finale for Season 1 and went to Season 2 Episode 1 and it is starting with Jack fixing up the cafe so he can open. The end of Season 1 showed Taidgh pushing Jason on old Jacks stairway and Jack, Pol and Rita still hadn't gotten their money. So what happened in between?

Up until around season 15/16, as far as I remember, it wasn't like the current seasons where they pick up exactly where they left off with the cliffhanger from the previous season and they carry on as if no time has passed - it used to be that the summer break was taken into account and 3 months have also passed on screen, and throughout the first few episode of the new season they more or less explain what everyone has been up to. They do fill in the gaps through various conversations though, so you haven't actually missed anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

Thanks! I'll continue watching and catch up.

Only 2 more days until the new season!

Delighted to see Mack cop onto Dee at long last. I hope him and Katy can sort things out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I really enjoyed the new episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Delighted to see Mack cop onto Dee at long last. I hope him and Katy can sort things out now.
    branie2 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the new episode.

Was a well done episode tied everything together well. I assume Katy will 'bogadh isteach' le Mack?
    Delighted that storyline has reached a conclusion!
    Plenty of tension in all the other ones should be a good season.
    I noticed that the word 'Kibosh' has made a return. Another poster on here pointed out before that a particular writer is fond of it. :D

I made note of the writers name this time:

Sonia Ní Oibicín

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

Really dramatic tonight!

Really dramatic tonight!

Can't beat a "who done it?" 6 suspects -my money is on Brian violent hothead.The rest are calmer more calculating.

Can't beat a "who done it?" 6 suspects -my money is on Brian violent hothead.The rest are calmer more calculating.

More than 6...

Andy
    Briain
    Malachai
    Ruairi
    Emma
    Colm
    Mo
    Vince
    Caitríona (if she thinks Frances has found out it was actually her who stole the card)

I bet it was Caitriona!

I think it's Briain as well

I'm surprised John Joe wasn't more angry at Dee when he realised what she did to Katy! I'm also surprised him and Mack don't appear to have been on to Katy to tell her that they have finally realised she has been telling the truth all along!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ArthurJay

So many suspects too, Malachi, Rory, Emma, Mo, Colm, Briain and Vince. We haven't had a death since Maggie (March-ish 2018) if I remember correctly and not a long standing character since Peadar (September 2016) - so It feels that we are due one soon. And poor Tadgh in the wrong place at the wrong time and so soon after opening his mouth to Maire and Peatsai about going to 'take the head off her'

I'll go out on a limb and say Rory - and he will mention that he saw Andy harassing Frances. I do think she will survive but also think we are still in line for a shock death

More than 6...

Andy
    Briain
    Malachai
    Ruairi
    Emma
    Colm
    Mo
    Vince
    Caitríona (if she thinks Frances has found out it was actually her who stole the card)

I ruled out Mo (not in her nature) forgot about Catriona and can't count! :eek: They can have some fun with now and Tadgh will have to prove his innocence before any other investigation.

I'm surprised John Joe wasn't more angry at Dee when he realised what she did to Katy! I'm also surprised him and Mack don't appear to have been on to Katy to tell her that they have finally realised she has been telling the truth all along!

They have tied them up in knots in that storyline makes zero sense. Plus Dee happens to have great hearing with the windows closed, and can hear Mack talking on the street? That bit annoyed me.

More than 6...

Andy
    Briain
    Malachai
    Ruairi
    Emma
    Colm
    Mo
    Vince
    I bet it was Caitriona!
    I think it's Briain as well
    ArthurJay wrote: »
    So many suspects too, Malachi, Rory, Emma, Mo, Colm, Briain and Vince. We haven't had a death since Maggie (March-ish 2018) if I remember correctly and not a long standing character since Peadar (September 2016) - so It feels that we are due one soon. And poor Tadgh in the wrong place at the wrong time and so soon after opening his mouth to Maire and Peatsai about going to 'take the head off her'

I'll go out on a limb and say Rory - and he will mention that he saw Andy harassing Frances. I do think she will survive but also think we are still in line for a shock death

If ever there was a time for a boards poll.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

impossible to say whodunit, I'd say Malachai. I said it months ago that I didn't like him and how controlling he was, dressing it up as sweetness. It reminded me of a relationship I was in once, and when I saw through him and ended the relationship he did not take it well at all!

If Frances was on hold to the gardai, would the call have been recorded?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Just saw Tuesday's episode. It seems that there's no covid in Ros na Run!

Just saw Tuesday's episode. It seems that there's no covid in Ros na Run!

First 4 episodes get filmed at the same time as last season's finale, so were shot back in February before the world went to sh*t... will be episode 5 before we see how Covid affects things.

You might want to fix those tags Kauto... your Spoilers are showing...

giphy.gif

You might want to fix those tags Kauto... your Spoilers are showing...

giphy.gif

I'm so sorry!! It came up hidden for me! I've deleted it. Apologies to everyone.

I'm so sorry!! It came up hidden for me! I've deleted it. Apologies to everyone.

Didn't bother me, I already knew, was only thinking of the others who may not have. Perhaps nobody else saw.

There's a good chance a mod edited it for you to fix the spoiler tags between last night and this morning when you saw it again, but last night it was showing as you had used the [\spoiler] closing tag which does nothing, instead of [/spoiler]. ;)

Didn't bother me, I already knew, was only thinking of the others who may not have. Perhaps nobody else saw.

There's a good chance a mod edited it for you to fix the spoiler tags between last night and this morning when you saw it again, but last night it was showing as you had used the [\spoiler] closing tag which does nothing, instead of [/spoiler]. ;)

Thanks for that. I'll know for future!

Mack bocht.

Dee should be locked up. She is a true psychopath.

She is so evil!

• Advertisement

Mack bocht.

Dee should be locked up. She is a true psychopath.
    She is so evil!

Episode was OK overall.

But how were we suppose to accept that John Joe would be so forgiving of Dee?
    Come on Dee go over and apologise to Katy and everything will be grand!

You would think John Joe would lose the head over Katy have been sent to a psych ward because of her. Made zero sense!

Advertisement