Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Whatever about allowing each other one night stands on the side though, he's in a full on relationship with Michelle and Emma doesn't mind one bit? Weird.

How times have changed from the very early seasons, where it was a scandal to have a promiscuous former nun in the village! :D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Is it just me or is that actress who plays John Joe's ex wife just dreadful?? Am-dram at best.

washiskin wrote: »
    Is it just me or is that actress who plays John Joe's ex wife just dreadful?? Am-dram at best.

She is not as polished as many of the top tier actors in it. But I think the way she plays the character kind of suits it. Seems more natural by being imperfect and less 'polished' if that makes any sense?

washiskin wrote: »

I just realised another major plothole. It involves Noreen (John Joe's Ex-Wife).

Ages and ages ago at this stage - I seem to remember that Noreen over heard a very drunk Mack talking to himself.. He was saying he will never get to see his son Jay or something along those lines?
    Noreen had tears in her eyes beside the door of the room.

Now we are expected to believe that it is the first Noreen hear of it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

That one Charlie has some neck showing up like that and expecting to have Colm's baby. The way she just waltzed in and announced it in front of Mo was so rude!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

I wonder is Vince going to have his head turned by Emma, that could get very messy

julyjane wrote: »
    I wonder is Vince going to have his head turned by Emma, that could get very messy
    Catriona would have something decent to blog about at least!
    Annoyingly in soaps they seem to only ever fall back on temptresses storylines.

Sure you can see where they are going with it a mile off. Vince finds out about Catriona's spending falls into the arms of Emma. But later rescues a distraught Catriona from Fiontus Finance heavies, and ends up back together with Catriona again.

There's a very interesting trailer on Ros na Rún social media for tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Looks like Mack and Dee won't be going to Australia after all

It was nice seeing Angela again.

• Advertisement

I wonder how long it'll take Mack to put 2 + 2 together and realise that Dee completely set up Katy

Hopefully soon

Was it just me or did Dee's eyes look really wonky at the end of the episode tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Who is Emma? Is she Michelle's mother?

Who is Emma? Is she Michelle's mother?

She's Rory's wife, Rory who is seeing Michelle. They appear to have an open relationship although when Michelle found out Rory was married he convinced her that the marriage is over because Emma couldn't stay monogamous. I hope Johnny's got him covered!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Hatshepsut

Lads, Ros na Run was on fire this week- brilliant episodes and credit where it's due to writers and actors. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It's hands down the best soap on telly. I love it. Plus great escapism right now. I'm just worried about how many more episodes we're gonna get.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Hatshepsut wrote: »
    Lads, Ros na Run was on fire this week- brilliant episodes and credit where it's due to writers and actors. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It's hands down the best soap on telly. I love it. Plus great escapism right now. I'm just worried about how many more episodes we're gonna get.

Ros na Rún only films from August to February, so all of this season should already be in the bag, provided they had the time to edit the episodes. I reckon it should be alright, and there's another 7 weeks (14 episodes) before the finale airs.

Well it's about time that Katy/Dee/Mack storyline ended - buíochas le Dia!

But now they will still be able to drag out Mack chasing Katy, while trying to get Fiach out of the way.

Nice to see a blast from the past - Angela will make an interesting angle. I just caught up on the old RnR. Last old one they showed on youtube was - a pregnant Angela and an oblivious Micheal breaking up with her.

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Was it just me or did Dee's eyes look really wonky at the end of the episode tonight?

The odd time yeah, 'Emma' does that as well at times. It is these devious characters ya see - they want to be watching everything.

Seriously though it must be hard work for the actors with them RnR face reaction close ups - for the villains especially. As they have to have devious heads on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Who is Mánus that Angela mentioned?

• Advertisement

I think he's her and Tadhgs son but Tadhg might have denied him. I watched Ros na Rún back then but don't remember for certain

I didn't know this at all the actor that plays Angela Uí Dhireáin (Mairéad Ní Ghallchóir) sued RnR back in 2007 for been unfairly dismissed.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ros-na-r%C3%BAn-actor-settles-case-1.983039

Who is Mánus that Angela mentioned?

Manus is Angela's son. She had claimed he was Tadhg's at the time, but Angela and John Joe had had an affair or a one night stand or something at the time, so if I remember correctly we as the audience at the time knew John Joe is his father or had very much assumed that he was, but I can't remember who of the characters actually knows that. Tadhg has never claimed Manus as his own and their marriage was on the rocks when she got pregnant and they may not have been having sex at the time which would explain him knowing the kid isn't his, but whether he knows the actual father or not is another thing. Same goes for John Joe, can't remember if he is actually aware that Manus is his or not, as Angela could have fed him any old story.

John Joe hasn't had much of his own story going on this year, so perhaps this is something that's going to be brought up and give him something to focus on. Angela being back would certainly be able to cause problems for John Joe and Micheal and their current relationships, as well as Tadhg obviously, so should be interesting.

So Dee and Katy have a younger brother

Thadgh will be furious and devastated at the same time when he finds out the truth about Jay

branie2 wrote: »
    Thadgh will be furious and devastated at the same time when he finds out the truth about Jay

He rarely bars anyone from the pub at the same time.

I hope the writers get Tadgh to get his own back on Katy/Mack. Give him some scheme.

He'll see Katy as a backstabber now, as they work together in the restaurant.

branie2 wrote: »
    So Dee and Katy have a younger brother

Yeah, they also have two other brothers, Conall the eldest of the lot, who was the first of John Joe's kids to be in the show and was in it for years. Left about the same time as Angela actually. There's another brother Cillian who we've never actually seen, but has been mentioned a couple of times over the years, and I couldn't say if he's supposed to be younger or older than Dee, but he's definitely older than Katy I think, because John Joe had always referred to her as being his youngest. Conall emigrated to Australia anyway, and I think it was mentioned at one point that Cillian lived abroad too, hence us never seeing him.

I wonder what Angela wants with Thadgh

• Advertisement

Oh Mack, you fool!

Advertisement